It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian killer: the photo that gives the game away?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Still, my point is: The police say they didn't send a helicopter, but the photo was clearly taken from a helicopter.

Where does it say it was a police helicopter?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

How would the media get to this site before the police did?

Can anyone find out the original source of this photo please?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

It doesn't but I am just surpised that a media helicopter would get there before the police.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Why cant they? Do they need to ask the police permission to fly anywhere in Norway?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I recently watched a video and when they zoomed out it showed a view of the whole island. When they zoomed out I also noticed mountains surrounding the area of the island. On one of the mountains I notice a house that seemed to over looked the entire island. I saw this and thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone in that home took pictures or video?" as, again, the home seemed to overlooked the whole island.

Don't know. The angle and distance of that photo could probably be figured out by one of resident experts here at ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

But that would mean that the media found out about the shootings before the police did.

They probably did. From what I have read the police are being criticized for taking so long because they had to drive, then find a boat and didn't have a helicopter on standby.

That aside, I wonder where the video is. Maybe this picture came from a video shot.

Criticism
edit on 25-7-2011 by jam321 because: oops

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As I said in my previous post, the media covers these types of events all the time. They send people to the event who stay the whole length of the event. It would actually have been abnormal if no media had been present.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing strange about this photo and no conspiracy involved.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The police explained that they did not have helicopers able to carry squads of armed officers to the Island at the time, as they were all based at their base in the south of the country.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This is what the Police are saying, not me.

Cleraly it was not a very well organised response It is not completley unexpected in a country such as Norway who has never had to deal with anything even close to this. Lessons will be learned.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

It doesn't but I am just surpised that a media helicopter would get there before the police.

Why does that surprise you?

Let's say it again, all together now:

Fog of war does not equal a conspiracy.

So the media doesn't have their story straight. Why would you expect them to? Human error, dude.

OP, as other posters have pointed out, this image could have been taken by a media helicopter. It's not strange at all that it could have gotten there sooner -- why would it be? I can't come up with a single good reason why that would be so weird it would equal a conspiracy. Maybe it just happened that way through some quite boring details.

If I make plans to go to lunch with my friend, but through a scheduling conflict, If my girlfriend has our car, and my friend gets there first... is that strange to you? Is there some oddity about it? Something queer that needs to be explained? A conspiracy?

Perhaps she took the car on purpose to prevent me from meeting him.

Riiiight.

edit on 7/25/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Can anyone find out the original source of this photo please?

Find it yourself. You're the one who's clearly uncovered some vast global conspiracy here. Don't stop now!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes okay, I see your points about the news helicopter getting there before the police:

The explaination is simple: those images were taken by a news helicopter that was able to reach Utøya and shoot the footage well before the Police’s Special Forces could manage to reach the island (1 hour and 35 minutes after Breivik had begun massacring people).

People on Social Networks was astonished that a news chopper could intervene quicker than a police one, however, there are many media helicopters overflying the largest town of the world and, quite often, they are able to get exclusive images in the immediate aftermath of disasters and terrorist attacks.

In my opinion, the question is not why a news helicopter was able to get to the scene before special forces one but: in such events does the news chopper stand in police chopper’s path? Can a news helicopter spur the wrong reaction from a murderer/terrorist who could feel under the spotlight?

cencio4.wordpress.com...

But is this really feasible?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
video where pic came from. looks like a news chopper from logo on video

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

When I went to the 'thesun' site to check out the image, it and others says -copyright 2008 no use without permission-
when right clicked. I would think this image was from 2008.
or isn't that how it works?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Then i think it is kind of strange that the police didn't order that news helicopter down to get to the island quicker?? I know its mostly movies that do things like this, but in real life and in a situation like this it would have been better if the police was to use the News Helicopter.. They would have got to the island quicker etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Why didn't he shoot at the helicopter?

He didn't want the police to kill him, he still had s*** to say. His motives were political and he wanted to "tell the world" how he justified this.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There were dozens of media hellicopters on the scene before the police arrived.Does not mean they knew before the police.They could reach the area earlier than police could respond.It was mentioned in many of the earlier news articles.Plenty of footage taken and shown on the news from above as kids swam out to boats.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Soory everyone, I had to leave the OP half finished at first becasue I had to dash out.

What do you think? The pciture was clearly taken from a helicopter but the police say that they didn't send a helicopter.

Now the news is being re-written

All part of the 'movie'?

So, perhaps the NEWS sent one? And that is how the news had a picture of him for their news website?
edit on 25-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ajmusicmedia

But that would mean that the media found out about the shootings before the police did.

Don't you think that the 'media' were quick off the mark?

I've seen that happen several times in my life... Cops aren't always that fast to respond... At least not around here....

Sometimes news crews just happen to be in the area when something goes down.

EDIT TO ADD: Just now on CNN They had another case of the media being somewhere before the cops. They caught footage of this guy trying to get into this moving car because he thought some one had stolen his friends purse and was trying to get away....

Cops showed up after the media and determined that no charges were to be filed.

See? It's pretty common.
edit on 25-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Let me put the issue to bed. I heard an interview half an hour ago between BBC News and a Norwegian TV camerman who said he took footage that included this picture of the killer from his TV channel helicopter. When asked why no police helicopter arrived before his, he replied that his helicopter had happened to be only ten minutes away from the island at the time he began to hear about the shootings there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Ah, very good. Thanks

Well, there you have it. Just as I suspected. Just a case of media happening to be in the area.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join