It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the msm is saying about Nibiru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Everyone,
I wanted to share an article from a popular news site regarding Nibiru and the 2012 theory just in case you all havent read what theyre saying about it. I think its monumental that theyre even acknowledging it. We always say "never believe anything until it has been denied". I find it being denied more and more. Although i do deep down feel that something world-changing is upon us, I still somewhat believe in the fidelities and abilities of our scientists. However, It seems like every economic mishap going on right now is due to the fact that tptb dont really seem motivated to find and put in the hard work it takes to present solutions. They are talking, and If youre already aware, good on you. If not, here is what fox is saying about Nibiru:

Fox

Also, for some reason it seems like Fox is giving this more attention than the other networks by far. Theyre also the most conservative/republican which doesnt really add up to me.

Here is an interview Fox news did regarding the matter-
Fox interview on Nibiru

At the end of the day we'll probably never know the truth, but I enjoy researching this topic. Modern science says Nibiru is impossible, but more than a couple ancient civilizations have simultaneously predicted its imminence. I say ancient, not primitive.

-Regards

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
No, we will eventually know the truth. It's a matter of whether or not the juice was worth the squeeze. I'm thinking you would have better odds going to vegas instead of believing anything the MSM reports on these days.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorvannostren

Wow..

And the award for "making people who don't always believe the official information look like complete fruit loop idiots" goes to.... Faux News

some conspiracy theorists have decided that a small comet called Elenin (which will pass nearest Earth in October 2011) is actually Nibiru

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At least they said "some" believers and not all.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This has already been covered..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

ppsssttt...
popular news site

Good find man, this should make for an interesting read

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
At the end of the day we'll probably never know the truth,

yes we will... at the end of the day, Dec 21st 2012, when Nibiru is a no show...

we will know the truth

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren Modern science says Nibiru is impossible, but more than a couple ancient civilizations have simultaneously predicted its imminence. I say ancient, not primitive.

Now hold on there... you don't get away with a comment like that without proof

"more than a couple ancient civilizations have simultaneously predicted its imminence"

Which ones? Because it was ONLY from Sitchin that we ever heard of Nibiru in the first place... the rest is all made up
And not everyone agrees with his interpretation of the Sumerian texts

Besides..

“Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this
close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons, Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600- year orbit”

Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

2900 AD not 2012

In Sitchin's own words... that is 892 years away...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear zorgon

While not suggesting that what this guy is saying is the truth.

It dose appear to come from two sections that are true. As in that is what the wrote.

The Sumerian Text.

Planet X that was terrorized by main stream astronomers.

Certainly deserves speculation.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why would it be surprising that a Republican channel would talk about this? Does Nibiru vote Democrat? Is a world destroying planetary collision more of a liberal issue?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
While not suggesting that what this guy is saying is the truth.
It dose appear to come from two sections that are true. As in that is what the wrote.

Appearances can be deceiving...

The Sumerian Text.

Have you checked the Sumerian origin of Nibiru or just take every ones word for it?

Take for example the work of someone who is a language expert Michael Heiser

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Searching for Nibiru in Cuneiform Texts Here is a video that I created showing you where to find the leading dictionary of cuneiform words online (for free). Viewers can find that source and do what I do in the rest of the video: look up the entry for nibiru (spelled neberu in scholarly transliteration) and check to see if any of the above ideas are found in any Akkadian or Sumerian texts that mention nibiru. Spoiler: there aren't any -- but don't take my word for it. Look it up yourself.

VIDEO

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Planet X that was terrorized by main stream astronomers.

The problem with that is that Planet X does not imply Nibiru. It was only the internet that has put the two together deliberately to confuse people. Here is the first astronomer to give us the name "Planet X"

In the 1840s, using Newtonian mechanics, Urbain Le Verrier predicted the position of the then-undiscovered planet Neptune after analysing perturbations in the orbit of Uranus.[23] Subsequent observations of Neptune in the late 19th century caused astronomers to speculate that Uranus' orbit was being disturbed by another planet besides Neptune. In 1906, Percival Lowell, a wealthy Bostonian who had founded the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1894, started an extensive project in search of a possible ninth planet, which he termed "Planet X".

That planet was PLUTO not Nibiru

Pluto has since been demoted to Dwarf planet or planetoid, because we found many other small dwarf planets out there Ceres (in the asteroid belt) and one bigger than Pluto called Eris with moon Dysnomia

The other famous reference to Planet X was...

Speculation is great, but tossing facts out the air lock just because one wants to believe... well...

edit on 25-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear zorgon

I stand well and truly corrected thank you.

However I do remember watching a documentary telling that the orbit of Pluto was being perturbed by something that they where calling it planet X.

However even I considered that there being any chance of life on such a planet so far from the sun to be, to say the least most unlikely.

However it is true you pick things up store them away in memory and things get jumbled especially when you hear them on programs that you expect to be telling the truth. However it will not be the first time that I have come across misleading statements in documentaries.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

OMG!! No, I'm not going to have to put up with another 900 years of end of the world predictions before the real end of the world am I? Man!

As far as the OP goes - I like that Fox news article. Tell it like it is. There is as much proof of Nibiru comming to get us as there is proof of me walking on the moon in my sandles.

If article like this can put peoples minds at reast then good on em. It is like the good cop thread I was reading on here earlier. It's not all bad out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
However I do remember watching a documentary telling that the orbit of Pluto was being perturbed by something that they where calling it planet X.

Yes that is how they found Planet Eris (originally named Xena)

However it will not be the first time that I have come across misleading statements in documentaries.

Quite true... which is why it is important to verify info yourself... as much as reasonably possible.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

well of course Faux is going to dive head first, it's fear mongering, their specialty

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is scary... reminds me of the "War of the Worlds" broadcast

"At least a once a week I get a message from a young person — as young as 11 — who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday," Morrison told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to SPACE.com.

www.foxnews.com...

Shows the damage that can be done by just rumors and fear mongering. Still think we are ready for disclosure?

And here is another key point... I already showed what Sitchin said for the date and always wondered how 2012 got mixed up with that

Well here it is

On her website, ZetaTalk, she stated that she was chosen to warn mankind of an impending planetary collision which would wipe out humanity in May 2003. (When no such cataclysmic event occurred, Lieder's followers chose 2012 as the new date for the Nibiru collision, which coincides neatly with other doomsday prophecies focused on the ending of the Mayan calendar.)

Lieder originally called the bringer of doom "Planet X," and later connected it to a planet that was hypothesized to exist by a writer named Zecharia Sitchin in his book "The 12th Planet" (Harper 1976).

Now Zeta talk in 2003 convinced a lot of people to sell everything and build bunkers. They were a tad upset when it was a no show...

So it seems the whole mess got started with this one person and spread like a virus..

But kids calling NASA/Space.com and talking suicide... that is not good at all

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
At the end of the day we'll probably never know the truth,

yes we will... at the end of the day, Dec 21st 2012, when Nibiru is a no show...

we will know the truth

we wont know the truth, the date will just be moved to a later date and they will say its a miscalculation or misinterpretation or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren Modern science says Nibiru is impossible, but more than a couple ancient civilizations have simultaneously predicted its imminence. I say ancient, not primitive.

Now hold on there... you don't get away with a comment like that without proof

"more than a couple ancient civilizations have simultaneously predicted its imminence"

Which ones? Because it was ONLY from Sitchin that we ever heard of Nibiru in the first place... the rest is all made up
And not everyone agrees with his interpretation of the Sumerian texts

Besides..

“Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this
close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons, Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600- year orbit”

Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

2900 AD not 2012

funny you should mention that year, 2880 is when they estimate 1950 da to pass earth. would like to see the panic than lol.

new topics

top topics

join