It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite conspiracy movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hello all,

I am just wondering if you have any favorite conspiracy movies. I am not talking Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory". I am talking about movies such as, " A funny thing happened on the way to the moon", "Urban Danger", "Collapse", etc. I have seen quite a few and I like the ones that are NOT done by Alex Jones. If I wanted super sensationalism I would watch him and Jesse Ventura.

Thank you in advance!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
damn i was gonna say conspiracy theory with mel gibson.......

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ooh! Definately "The Manchurian Candidate"...best one I've seen in years...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't know if it's my favorite but the first one that popped into my head was Arlington Road.

IMBD- Arlington Road

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Has to be 'Capricorn One'

Utterly brilliant film, actually funded in part by the US Government. Which makes it all the more interesting for that fact alone when you consider the subject matter.

Also, Steven Spielberg's 'Close Encounters of the third kind' and 'ET' were subsidised by the US goverment in much the same way as 'Capricorn One'

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was gonna say Conspiracy thoery as well

Apart from that there are some classics that come to mind as great conspiracy movies -

North by Northwest

Chinatown

The Conversation

JFK(1991)

In more recent times, i have to say i am a huge fan of the Bourne movies and also Syrianna.

Oh i can't beleive i almost forgot to add - Wargames!! Some may say it's not quite a conspiracy thoery movie but it's close enough for me to mention!

edit on 24-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

I just had a look at Capricorn One, it looks pretty good. Talk about timing... a faked landing in the late 70's

I didnt realise the director Peter Hyams also directed 2010: the year we make contact... i always thought Kubrick directed that as well.

He has actually done quite a few good sci fi movies.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Dear superman2012,

Three Days of the Condor with Robert Redford. I am answering it as a film rather than as being accurate about the world. Be well.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Definitely NOT Transformers 3. It was terrible! I mean the dark side of the moon is an awesome topic... but the movie itself was horrible! They should have named it Transformers part 1 Again.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Transformers 3 was awesome! Really enjoyed it - I admit, primarily because of the visuals. Saw it in 3D and the CGI and special effects were amazing. It's good to just kick back and enjoy stuff like that once in a while, rather than having to really focus on some complicated storyline.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

Yeah I did too, but it was almost offensive to see only three people die in a puff of dust... while the robots were all somehow foaming in the mouth and bleeding from their non-existent organs...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Haha I thought it said "What is your fashion conspiracy movie."

As for my favorite conspiracy movie The Killing Room. It doesn't mention conspiracy directly but it references MK Ultra and it is a part of the story line. I won't say anymore because I don't want to ruin it for those who have not seen it. This movie esp if you have read about the MK program freaked me out. It was very disturbing to watch because I know what kind of things have been done from reading the files on Mk Ultra so this isn't too far off. It made me wonder if this ever really happened or if they do things like this.

I have only watched this movie 1 time fully, any other time I tried to watch it it just gave me the creeps...more so than any alien movie that scares me or horror movie.

I need to add this movie to the scary movie thread

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I was going to say this movie as well.Peter Stormare was awesome.

Another movie that i like very much is a WWII movie,it's called Conspiracy.It's about a secret meeting of high ranking Nazis about the final solution.

And of course the super cult "They live".If ATS was around at the time it came out i'm sure it would be the only discussion in the forum

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Interesting indeed, didn't know that Capricorn One was government funded, epic movie.

Here are some titles I liked, not all are conspiracy movies with a storyline of nowadays, some in the past and some in the future.

Shadow Conspiracy

XIII: The conspiracy

Colussus: The Forbin Project

A Scanner Darkly

The Number 23

The Boys from Brazil
edit on 25-7-2011 by Grey Magic because: added one

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

After thinking about it, I would have to say my favorite conspiracy movie has to be Cube

IMBD - Cube

new topics

top topics

join