It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here on ATS own a ghost box/spirit box?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Anyone own a ghost box, or a spirit box? I am so tempted to buy one on ebay, but my intellect tells my I'd just be throwing away money. So, does anyone own one, and has it worked?

Part of me thinks that when it scans through the stations, you pick up words being said on the station, and if it happens to match a question asked, its by chance.

Somone should record in seperate rooms every station that comes in on a seperate device for an hours time, and during that hour, use and record a ghost box in another room. Then if a spirit responds, mark down the time it responded, then go back to the recordings of the radio stations at that time, and see if theres any matches.

It seems like alot of effort, but it's a way to debunk it if it's just coincidental.

Anyways, anyone own one? And what says you about it?
edit on 24-7-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

What the heck is a spirit box lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

If you want to try something like that there is one on skype that you can use called crossovertalk its pretty creepy to listen too, but i dont think it's ghosts to be honest

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I own one and I can tell you they are legit. I've actually had some bad experiences with it. I determined I was hearing more than just bits and pieces of AM radio stations when a voice said , 'bleep You' and included my name. Incidents like that happened a lot. I dont know about you but no AM stations in my area would use that kind of language and what are the chances of some random AM station saying that and saying my name directly after it?

You have to be careful when trying to communicate with anything spiritual because you're opening a door and you dont always know who is going to come in. If you're just a little curious about the ghost box i'd just watch some youtube videos about it and end it there. If you are dead set on owning a ghost box be sure you open your sessions with meditation or prayer for protection and close your sessions by asking any spiritual entities to go back wherever they came from - It may sound silly but it really helps..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Wow, that experience intrigues me.

I'd love to hear more of your experiences using one, good and bad if that's ok and you don't mind. Ever since I first saw them on Ghost Adventures I thought they looked like a pretty cool piece of kit to help communicate with spirits even if as you said, you need the same precautions as with other methods of communication.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I can vouch for them too. The small group I'm in has one , they just bought it at Radio Shack, and did some minor hack to it so it will scan continuously. I was skeptical of it, but it gives intelligent answers to most questions .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

omg- we have actually been cussed out too with the same, Bleep You. And it will give names that are accurate, to the group or location.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No and I wont ever buy or make one... I do believe in ghosts and I do believe there are ways you can catch evidence of them....

But a radio that just scans through the stations and occasionally you can understand a word or two from a station and it's supposed to be the ghost?

It just... doesn't make much sense... if I am thinking of what you are talking about...

If I am thinking of a different device,then never mind.
edit on 25-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When I was younger we used to try useing a tape recorder without the mike plugged in and set on record..
We never caught anything on it though...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Its a little long so i'll wait for the tomorrow to post more in depth. getting a little late where I am. Whatever was around me seemed to effect every aspect of my life. My mood became negative and I just kind of felt blank all the time. I couldnt sleep often but when I finally did I'd have nightmares about robed creatures and sometimes in my dream there would be 4 of them, one on each of my bedposts and they each would be holding a book and just staring at me. I know it sounds crazy but it happened. I'll get to the rest tomorrow.

reply to post by toolstarr

its pretty weird. I guess the only upside to having that happen is it's the best way to know your experience is genuine.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My Paranormal Research group uses one all the time. Your experiment to debunk wouldn't work unless you were able to begin scanning the stations at the same exact time. Most recently we surveyed an abandoned home in rural Wyoming. We did no prior research so we didn't even have the address to this place. After using our ghost box and video recorded each session we were able to gather information that the owners of the house didn't have at the time. After speaking with multiple family members of the home owner, we deducted that the name of the child we believed was communicating with us was Debbie. This was what the child told us. She also told us "he's an idiot" after we asked about her father. A family member also told us that the child may have been abused before she passed. I still wonder if the "idiot" comment had to do with that situation. I highly recommend the ghost box, if you end up talking to a nasty spirit, so what? More evidence!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These sound great! We don't have Radio Shack here in Australia. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've always been more partial to the Ovilus personally....but the spirit box is effective in certain situations as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
These sound great! We don't have Radio Shack here in Australia. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

In my first post, I said I was thinking about buying one on ebay...... soooooo, look there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I did. I wasn't sure if they were the 'real deal', so to speak.

I'm messing around with the iPhone one mentioned earlier (iOvilus). It does seem to be a gimmick except I noticed this string in the log file...

"Burn, Floor, Knee", which is then followed by "Lock, Entire, Harry, Stay, Black". This did make me sit up & take notice as at the time these events happened -

I was burning off a pile of tree cuttings today (whilst I left iOvilus running), when I stumbled whilst dragging one big branch & hurt my knee (an old injury from a motorcycle accident).

Burn, Knee, Floor?

Our neighbours little female dog is over here annoying ours at the same time. I saw our neighbour (who's known locally as "Harry), over the fence & we had a friendly chat. He stated "That his dog needs to be locked up the entire time!", "It just runs away all day".

Lock, Entire, Harry, Stay, Black?

He was wearing a black jacket & pants.

edit on 25/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
here is one hack,angelsghosts.com... this is like the ones i've seen on ebay.
the one we use is not a tiny arm band radio though. let me see if i can find others
ghost-lounge.blogspot.com...
www.youtube.com... this is more like the one we use.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yeah I have a ghost box:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a736e2716fa0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by BrnBdry

What the heck is a spirit box lol

You can read all about it here:lmgtfy.com...

What a novel concept!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by BrnBdry

I own one and I can tell you they are legit. I've actually had some bad experiences with it. I determined I was hearing more than just bits and pieces of AM radio stations when a voice said , 'bleep You' and included my name. Incidents like that happened a lot. I dont know about you but no AM stations in my area would use that kind of language and what are the chances of some random AM station saying that and saying my name directly after it?

You have to be careful when trying to communicate with anything spiritual because you're opening a door and you dont always know who is going to come in. If you're just a little curious about the ghost box i'd just watch some youtube videos about it and end it there. If you are dead set on owning a ghost box be sure you open your sessions with meditation or prayer for protection and close your sessions by asking any spiritual entities to go back wherever they came from - It may sound silly but it really helps..

So what you're saying is that a "ghost box" is like that psychic experiment where you block out all of your physical senses so all you perceive is beyond physical?

The experiment I refer to (I can't remember the name of it) has been around since the psychic days of the cold war, where the subject basically has their eyes covered up, strapped into a chair, with white noise blaring into their ears from headphones. Doing so puts you in a mental state which pretty much opens up your psychic capabilities. Of course not everyone is capable of handling this, because the skeptics would probably believe they are going crazy when they sense things they believe are hallucinations.

I'm just wondering if this "ghost box" is the same type of experiment. How do you use it?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

From my times watching Ghost Adventures using one, it seems to work by switching it on and in areas where there is a reported haunting, asking questions and a word or words come out of the box. There's some kind of hard drive with thousands of words on it inside the box and a microphone for an entity to speak into at the front with speakers also on for people to hear what word has been said.

Not sure about other versions though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join