It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super Congress': Debt Ceiling Negotiators Aim To Create New Legislative Body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

'Super Congress': Debt Ceiling Negotiators Aim To Create New Legislative Body

www.huffingtonpost.com

Debt ceiling negotiators think they’ve hit on a solution to address the debt ceiling impasse and the public’s unwillingness to let go of benefits such as Medicare and Social Security that have been earned over a lifetime of work: Create a new Congress.

This “Super Congress,” composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn’t mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06a0bf89cc39.jpg[/atsimg]

Well this is an eye-opener, isn't it?

They'd like to change the fundamental nature of Congress because it "isn't working" with regards to the debt ceiling. I agree to a point that the system is broken, but what exactly is this opening the door to?

Some of you might remember that Time Magazine had an issue a few weeks ago with a cover story about how the consitition is outdated. Softening us up?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-7-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
covered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But yeah, this is starting to get intense

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How can something that has never been allowed to flourish and prove itself be outdated?

The only reason it isn't working is because it keeps getting stepped on by those that don't benefit from its actual intent of freedom, rights and equality. In other words, the elite.

The men who wrote and signed that piece of paper so long ago weren't fools. It was meant to be a guard against those exact people today trying to destroy it from within for their own personal and monetary gains.

The real question here is how is it possible for one man to ignore and rewrite the constitution that hundreds of millions hold dear?

edit on 24-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
covered here:

According to ATS terms and conditions, the same story is allowed to be covered in one thread on the breaking news forum and one thread elsewhere. This is the thread on this topic in the Breaking News forum, and as thus it is valid under ATS law.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So not getting your agenda through is "not working"? What's the difference between the repubs "holding their ground" and the much lauded episode where Dem State legislators literally fled my state (Wisconsin) over a dispute with the governor to holdup a vote.? Where's the cheering now? The "petulent child" can't get what he wants so he wants to circumnvent the constitution?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
if this was their plan all along, and everything has been a show, then this may start a revolution. this goes against what america was founded on. the game isn't working because the players aren't playing right at best, cheating at worst.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by eXia7
covered here:

According to ATS terms and conditions, the same story is allowed to be covered in one thread on the breaking news forum and one thread elsewhere. This is the thread on this topic in the Breaking News forum, and as thus it is valid under ATS law.

Touche!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
20,000 US troops deployed in this country and now a virtual coup de tat formation of a legislative branch outside the constitution as the cut the life line which folks need in the crap economy we had handed to us with a trillion dollar bill. All is good and right in the world as the "job creators" remake it in their own image.
seed

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i guess it's official...america is going straight to hell in a handbasket...and our political leaders are taking us hostage

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A 12 member council with the authority to pass legislation, where have I heard of this before? Hmm...

Iran.

The Guardian Council.

Weird.

Maybe we will get an Ayatollah too!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Not a surprise to me really. What I DO find surprising actually, is the timing of this. Look at how it all happened. They intentionally ushered us into a situation where it appears that we're going to default on our debt, and then try to ram this in at the very last minute, under the radar, so to speak.

I think I need to write a dirty little letter to my congressmen and women.

Broke and angry,
TheBorg

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I find it interesting that it is a 12 person panel.

The Quorum of 12
The 12 apostles

The first one is the governing body of the Mormons. The second is the governing body of the first century Christians.

I wonder who suggested the number should be twelve?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Major step towards FASCISM. 9/11 is escalating in its changes.....Stopping this needs to happen now! Its also completely illegal If this country was not under complete fascist policing, military and leadership, the police/military would be arresting them on the spot.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

12 has always been an important number in the human psyche. Often the pantheons of religions are organized by 12 like the Greek and Roman pantheons. We have 12 signs of the Zodiac and 12 months in the calendar.
The cosmos itself may have 12 "sides", known as Poincare dodecahedral space.

Its a pretty amazing number.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks for the added info MikeboydUS.
We have two paths set before us: The Super 12 or Martial Law after the Default.

Which one do you want?

The Huffingtonpost had a good article explaining the Debt Ceiling crisis. I recommend everybody read it.
Debt Ceiling for Dummies

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustard seed
20,000 US troops deployed in this country

Get real - there are over 1 million troops deployed in the USA over all the services, and always have been - ie most of hte US armed forces are deployed in the USA.

Yet somehow this 20,000 who are specifically earmarked for disaster relief are supposedly goign to take over the country?

Pathetic!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

In the event of a default its highly unlikely we would get actual martial law.

Depending upon people's assets, Aug 3 will not be absolute chaos. From the time people have run out of assets and checks are no longer coming in, there will be a period of 72 hours before people begin to break down and turn to violence.

So instead of mass civil unrest we will see random acts of violence, steadily increasing over the month, especially in inner cities. Police and National Guard will be able to handle most if not all of these events.

During this period of crisis, its highly likely the debt ceiling will be raised and we may get our 12 member "super congress".

If they don't get the ceiling raised by September, the random acts of violence could turn into mass civil unrest and disorder in major cities, aka riots. It would look like Egypt, Yemen or Syria. I'm confident though they will raise the limit within 30 days of default, avoiding an Egypt/Syria like meltdown.
edit on 24/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: ly

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

you better watch what you think/say....the thought police will come for you!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

aren't there 13 Zodiac signs now? I thought they added a "lost" sign a few month ago?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join