It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Set World Record with 34 Digits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A young boy in India was born with 34 fingers and toes. There are pics in the article. They are planning to surgically remove all but the normal number of digits

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=Foot_Carpenter_Sintayehu

www.zimbio.com...

edit on 24-7-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2011 by isitjustme because: add link

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to find out in later years that the kid is a chimera. Either way, that is simply amazing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Crazy stuff, these deformities and birth defects. I hope it wont disable him or something.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It says he already had the surgery to remove the "extra" digits. He originally had 7 fingers on each hand and 10 toes on each foot. he was born in 2010. Can't be Fukishima

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Wow! Get that boy a guitar or a piano.

And, it looks like the surgery was done already.

Doctors recently amputated the excess appendages in a series of surgeries and now Saxena has the typical five digits per limb, the Guinness spokeswoman said.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
Iy says he already had the surgery to remove the "extra" digits. He originally had 7 fingers on each hand and 10 toes on each foot. he was born in 2010. Can't be Fukishima

You beat me to it! Star for you!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Is it just me or does India seem to lead the world in this sort of thing. Seems every time I've heard a story about a kid born with extra limbs/digits something else they are in India. I'm probably mistaken.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It surprises me that there were the same number of fingers on each hand and same number of toes on each foot. I can understand and extra finger or toe on one hand or foot but it's symmetrical

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

BORING
Why can't someone be born with a extra leg or arm that functions right. Where are the positive mutations? This really crushes my dream off taking a bath in toxic waste so i can get some super powers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You watch too much Family Guy. There was a kid born with a few extra legs and I think it was India too

Here's the link to a girl with 8 limbs....

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
reply to post by Bixxi3

You watch too much Family Guy. There was a kid born with a few extra legs and I think it was India too

Here's the link to a girl with 8 limbs....

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

Wow what is it with india previous poster might have a point.
I fill sorry for that girl though
Stories like this take away my child like innocence.
But i guess she was seen as gift from god in the hindu community. all she needs is a trunk

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
one of my best friends in school had a 6th toe on his foot. he never got it removed. its actually pretty cool. this kid, however, looks like each of his hands and feet has an extra hand/foot growing out of the side. i hope he didn't lose function with the ones left.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Remember Bophal? A mutation like this little child has, well it makes me wonder just what his parents were exposed to.

join