It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunburn at 8 am?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am 42, blonde blue eyed, very fair complected. (MY friends joke that I am 1/2 albino). Anyway, I always burn, and have learned over the years from experience to stay out of the sun from noon - 4 pm to avoid a sunburn. I do yard work, etc, before noon or after 5 pm. This has worked for me since I was a teenager.

Saturday, I went to my daughter's soccer game in Versailles Ky (near Lexington). It was 91 degrees at 8 am. It was horribly hot but I figured it wasnt noon yet. I put on SPF 50 like always and watched her game. By 945 am when it was over I could feel my shoulders and neck already burning.

When I got home (it was a 2 hr drive) I looked in the mirror and it looked like I had fallen asleep in a tanning bed.

I NEVER burn like that in the early am especially when I wear SPF 50.

The issue I want to address is, what is going on this year? I do not understand how the sun can burn me when it hasnt in the past.

Maybe the suncreen manufacturers are part of a conspiracy to kill the fair skinned people??? I am sure someone is going to say I'm blonde and that is why I burned. Just know this hasnt happened since I was a teenager. I have had skin cancer removed and I am very cautious about getting burned.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I know your pain, redhead and pale skin here with a history of skin cancer too. I am not sure if I am right about this, but I want to say that you can sometimes find out the UV strength on the news. I've found that even on cloudy days I'll still burn, and try to be more cautious about being outdoors.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

The sun is stronger than usual because of the solar maxims we are heading into not to mention the earths protection from the sun is in bad shape.

www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The sun has been strange this year due to all the changes its going through. As for sunburn at that early of the day yea it can happen if the suns frequency has changed.

Time to increase the strength of your sun block.

Stay safe

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I would be careful of the strong sunblocks because sunscreen is known to contain several ingredients that are known carcinogens. you are better off just covering all exposed skin and wearing a hat ..long sleeve shirts broad rimed hats.

top topics

join