It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti NWO Music Playlist (18 songs) + Member Posts (Warning - Language)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Various Artists - Anti NWO (Anti-IDOL Genre)

Music can be a HUGE motivator for change and I think we can all use some GOOD change and some TRUTH as well.

I've been making playlists since I was little kid back in the mid-late 80's/ and I made this compilation about two years ago (give or take). I like to keep the basic message and genre flowing throughout any of my mixes and this particular mix is as relevant today as it was yesterday.

I thought some here may appreciate it so I'm going to post the videos/songs in the order of the playlist I created (about 70 minutes worth of music) ... BTW ... Did you know that audio can be extracted from youtube videos online??? Oh, and don't forget to buy the songs to make up this compilation or any part of it (as you so wish).

BTW, watch your volume because if you can't "normalize" then you may see fluctuations!

Please put up a flag or add a star where deserved if you enjoy any part of my OP or others contributions.

(For the HARD CORE anti-NWO check out the songs by Paris)

01. Paris - What Would You Do?

02 - Fort Minor - Where'd You Go (feat. Holly Brook and Jonah Matranga)

03 - Linkin Park - No More Sorrow

04 - Rage Against The Machine - Ashes In The Fall

05 - Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

06 - Paris - AWOL

07 - Fort Minor - Right Now (feat. Black Thought of the Roots and Styles of Beyond)

08 - Linkin Park - One Step Closer

09 - Rage Against The Machine - War Within A Breath

10 - Rage Against The Machine - People Of The Sun

11 - Paris - Spilt milk

12 - Fort Minor - Out The Back (feat. Mr. Hahn)

13 - Linkin Park - Nobody's Listening

14 - Rage Against The Machine - Mic Check

15 - Rage Against The Machine - Calm Like A Bomb

16 - Paris - Field Nigga Boogie

17 - Fort Minor - Feel Like Home (feat. Styles of Beyond)

18 - Linkin Park - Hands Held High

Well I hope you enjoyed my playlist
... Please Leave a comment and/or you're own anti NWO video!

Peace!

-AS-
edit on 24-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: Warning - Language + added

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Dear AeonStorm,

For those of us who are slightly older I recommend "Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider and sorry, I don't know how to imbed a YouTube video. I recommend it be played as loud as possible. Be well.

YouTube - Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear AeonStorm,

For those of us who are slightly older I recommend "Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider and sorry, I don't know how to imbed a YouTube video. I recommend it be played as loud as possible. Be well.

YouTube - Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider

Here you go friend

Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider

edit on 24-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Dear AeonStorm,

Thank you so much for the help, pretty neat song isn't it. Lots of passion. Be well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I like it! Right on message
... I like so many genres also so I'm not usually to picky
(although as I said in my OP I like the keep the genre and message the same thought my personal mixes). However for everyone else (since I already posted my playlist) please post any ANTI NWO song you wish!

Good job AQuestion! I just hope more people participate!

Respect,

-AS-
edit on 24-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Highly recommend Flobots and Immortal Technique

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNotYourself

F#@! yeah friend! Thanks for the post! I really like

Respect,

-AS-

ETA:

I hope this thread can turn into something big because Music has a major influence of people and in this case it's to get people motivated and take some type of action

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Pennywise - (intro) As Long As We Can

Pennywise - All We Need This is what we need.

Pennywise: All we Need (lyrics) INSPIRATIONAL!

We take this life
And each day we try
We all believe
But we can't agree
To get the life you choose
But nothing you can use
We could play all day
But things won't change

And it’s all we need
To make us believe

Don't Fight
You'll never win so try
Soon you're beat but why
You'll never know
It’s something you’ll never know

Hey
You can't believe
The way
We've never seen
Change

A little less tragedy
Is all we need

We choose to hide
What burns inside
We isolate
And recriminate
We all want something more
A life worth fighting for
Gets washed away
Because things won’t change

And it's all we need
To make us believe

Don't fight
You'll never win so try
Soon you're beat but why
You'll never know

Hey
You can't believe
The way
We've never seen
Change

A Little less tragedy
Is all we need

We all go to a place we hide
You want out wanted dead or alive
It's your life your philosophy
It's your dose of reality

And it’s all we need
To make us believe

Don't Fight
You'll never win so try
Soon you're beat but why
You'll never know

Hey
You can't believe
The way
We've never seen
Change

A little less tragedy
Is all we need

edit on 24-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: proper yvid + lyrcis

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Whenever there is a music thread i like to play the ATS theme song lol

love the playlist BTW

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
HA!!! Awesome jaycen420!
I didn't know we had an Anthem of our own! Great Post!

Peace,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It's like 3 different artists... Not that I have anything wrong with loving your bands, but you are forgetting one particular band that made a whole album out of the NWO: (hed)pe! Their music is terrible, but according to who you posted I am sure that you would love them
(no hard feelings). Anyway, they're message at least is there as in these bands as well. Cd is called NWO (New World Orphans). Beyond that Lamb of God talks about it... Machinehead, A Perfect Circle does a little bit, and I think Mudvayne does too. Serj Tankian, System of a Down, and Scars on Broadway are all people you should look up as well if you want good, political lyrics.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Also check uot Axis of Justice, they are a band (With Serj Tankian and Tom Morello) that are donated to the cause of political reform.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
HA!!! Awesome jaycen420!
I didn't know we had an Anthem of our own! Great Post!

Peace,

-AS-

Yea i was pretty psyched when i herd that.
I like alot of Beast 1333.
He covers alot of topics in his music.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Also check uot Axis of Justice, they are a band (With Serj Tankian and Tom Morello) that are donated to the cause of political reform.

Thanks for the info friend. I think I explained my actions for the reasons why I choose the bands that I did (to keep the message and genre fluent and on message) while I'm not aware of ALL the bands you suggested I AM aware of some of them and I even know that some of them should be included in this mix however I made this mix a couple years ago now. I really appreciate your input thought and I hope to make a more fluent and up-to-date mix really soon

Peace friend!

-AS-

P.S. No hard feelings at the jab you took at me due to my preference of music because my true preference of music extends WAY BEYOND the genre of rock/rock-rap in reality.

ETA: ... Is there a reason why this thread isn't being flagged? has this been done before? I thought many would enjoy an anti-NWO music thread?
edit on 24-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: P.S. ETA + added

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Don't have the time to hunt and embed but....

* "They Say" - Scars On Broadway
* "World Painted Blood" - Slayer
* "Endgame" - Megadeth

Probably quite a few others I'm forgetting

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

No Prob curious7

Scars On Broadway - They Say

Slayer - World Painted Blood

Megadeth - Endgame

!

-AS-

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Haha it's not like this has been done a lot, though I'm not really positive because I never simply SEARCH for this type of thing, I merely stumble upon it. The reason why I personally did not flag it is because this flag is... more-or-less... recreational. I feel flags are something that should be saved for ideas and information that is truly groundbreaking. I myself have posted a music thread, but no one even replied I don't think (though yours is slightly more applicable.) I just personally think flags are important to tell people "Hey check this out, this is really important". It has no meaning in whether or not your thread isn't good, I like this stuff but I doubt every person on ATS comes here for this specifically-- does that make any sense? It's not to hurt you, but to... protect let's say... others. I'll give you a star though!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Haha it's not like this has been done a lot, though I'm not really positive because I never simply SEARCH for this type of thing, I merely stumble upon it. The reason why I personally did not flag it is because this flag is... more-or-less... recreational. I feel flags are something that should be saved for ideas and information that is truly groundbreaking. I myself have posted a music thread, but no one even replied I don't think (though yours is slightly more applicable.) I just personally think flags are important to tell people "Hey check this out, this is really important". It has no meaning in whether or not your thread isn't good, I like this stuff but I doubt every person on ATS comes here for this specifically-- does that make any sense? It's not to hurt you, but to... protect let's say... others. I'll give you a star though!

I understand you're position without doubt and I only asked for stars and flags if (to the individual) something was gained. Music can teach us us many things.

In fact, I believe, without lyrics music can speak even louder to us. I'm actually starting to take offense to your laughter as it seems directed towards my intelligence and choice of my message. Music transcends all boundaries because within music lies everything a specific song represents ... Or have you never felt that power before?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hmmm I am very curious as to how I have offended you? No, I am actually in very much an agreeing standpoint with you. My favorite musician is Serj Tankian, due to his ability to create thought with words and to provoke thought without words. Beyond him, another one of my favorites would have to be Chopin. Though all his work was solely piano, you could hear the revolutions behind him, or feel the raindrops he was emulating through song. Music is awesome, I agree full-heartedly! People should embrace it as both art and lesson, however, your post should not be flagged unless I think everyone can benefit from it. Unfortunately not everyone can be taught through the common medium of longitudinal waves.

As for your last comment regarding the power felt from music... I urge you to check out music I have created (click on MY MUSIC in my signature), more than just one song, and ask me the same question.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I do understand what you are saying now. however you're "laughter' did throw me off. I too have listened to the power of the likes of Chopin. Some of these (I almost do not want to call them artists because they seem more then that) revolutionaries could convey things through music that no person could ever convey through spoken language alone.

I thought more people WOULD benefit though through my thread but perhaps not. That's okay because I've made a couple large contributions none-the-less to this site and it's members.

I did check some of your music linked through your signature and what I hear is chaos lol (I hope you do not take offense to that as I do like drum and bass but it IS very chaotic) although I like how you have some ambient tunes ... a mix I've chosen in the past as well.

I withdraw my offense and I hope you do not take offense to my observation of your linked music

peace,

-AS-

edit on 25-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join