It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decades of Corruption: News of the World 1966

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Following some research leads, I came across this amazing piece of information.

During the trial of two serial killers in the UK in 1966, the court was informed that News of the World had offered compensation, in the event of a guilty verdict, to the chief prosecution witness, and that he and his wife had already received a holiday trip and regular income from the paper. The witness was guaranteed a set amount for the syndication rights to his story, again, contingent upon a guilty verdict.

It was public record at that time.

en.wikipedia.org...

It could have stopped then, decades ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nice to see someone acknowledging and showing proof that the problems we are facing today are not new in the slightest. In alot of ways the world is better today since access to information is so much more prevelant. The amount of corruption in this decade and previous ones would make today look like disneyland if it was all known I bet.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
can't wait until info on that tool piers morgan is revealed. can't stand watching that idiot sit and judge people with my position is right because i'm stupid to figure things out on my own attitude.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Piers Morgan, you say?

www.google.com...=en&xhr=t&q=Piers+Morgan+%22knew+about%22&cp=25&qe=UGllcnMgTW9yZ2FuICJrbmV3IGFib3V0Ig&qesig=OvqxTe-4XgrzBbAM5eRlPQ&pkc=AFgZ2t nsp7Y9PFOIHfES4vutP7IwrM8O7Ymn14y0dA6fKA7t-SacGqFCUyW1FVVC-vvHKPRtbsvVnev4JWu-TNO0kOqy2nwrhw&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Piers+ Morgan+%22knew+about%22&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2e8478cc2501cd5c&biw=1024&bih=453

Yes, he's busted. This link is to an entire page of Google results following yesterday's release of an interview where he admits he knows about the whole thing, how it operates, etc., and then goes on to prove that anyone succeeding in modern media is a self-serving patsy who does not honor the true code of journalism, and gives investigative journalism (my field) a filthy name.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join