It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASilentWitness
reply to post by SeekerLou

The bible, to be more specific god, was created a few thousand years ago, the earth however was billions of years ago, sorry but God as you would call it was a few billion years late to make the world, but it was nice of our ignorant ancestors to make up something as such to explain what they cold not understand. What is worse is in todays society we still have the ignorance to keep such gibberish alive.

How do you know that God didnt create the world in 6 days? What if he did, and he's letting arogant people that assume they know everything in creation just because they can add numbers... and numbers tell them the whole of all. I'm sorry, just as my belief holds no worth in your world, your theories hold no water in mine.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97628b2923a5.png[/atsimg]

"Stories from the life of Horus had been circulating for centuries before Jesus birth (circa 4 to 7 BCE). If any copying occurred by the writers of the Egyptian or Christian religions, it was the followers of Jesus who incorporated into his biography the myths and legends of Horus, not vice-versa."

just sayin..

my god is not your god

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Bible is a book telling the story of Jesus, his life and death... How this ever came to be a religion is anyones guess. I wonder if in two thousand years time the world will be full of shrines where people can gather to worship Harry Potter?
Religion..? YOu can keep it!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well seeing as Jesus is the Sun, he really did create the earth

It's called symbolism. If you have seen a picture of Christ with a golden orb behind his head.. It's pretty obvious. And the 12 Apostles (Zodiac Signs..), just furthers the symbolism.

Jesus died on the "cross", which is the symbol for the 4 cardinal directions. There's so much more..

Read "The Mystical Qabalah". Or some tarot cards

edit on 25-7-2011 by lateralus11235 because: To add some stuff

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

"Stories from the life of Horus had been circulating for centuries before Jesus birth (circa 4 to 7 BCE). If any copying occurred by the writers of the Egyptian or Christian religions, it was the followers of Jesus who incorporated into his biography the myths and legends of Horus, not vice-versa."

just sayin..

my god is not your god

What if that was something akin to a prophecy? Ever thought that the egyptians might have based their gods off of something that they knew was to come instead of something that might have already come? Egypt and Israel are very closely woven together in prophecy and in history, even bible history. God had plans for those countries to be united again at some point. They were united once before when they believed these gods existed... or prophecy of those to come. Once again... We throw stuff together and assume that it is what it is when it's VERY possible that we're blowing smoke up our own butts for the sake of publishing and the next great find. Just because these guys went to school for 8 years and played in the field for 20 years of their lives... Doesnt mean they know anything other than speculation. Remember... They're translating the EXACT same way the bible was translated, yet people feel that one translation is bunk while the other is perfection.

How many years have you been at your own job, and do you think you know every single aspect of it? I hardly think so. If you stopped learning, then unless you're doing it for the sake of not being able to do anything else, you would have left it a long time ago. We need to be stimulated to continue otherwise we're wasting our lives. For archeologists and historians, sure, these guys know alot.. Alot based off of the guy before him, the guy before him, and the guy before him and so forth.

Hmmm That reminds me of something... .Oh yeah! The bible!

So again, how is one better than the other? Why cant they both be correct? ..to an extent. Why does man always have to one up.. just sayin... (funny how everyone says this now.. followers or leaders? Well.. that would be a follower) just sayin...

So youre right and we're wrong... how does that make you any better than us? We have our own history book written by one Diety, through many hands. Yet you have books written by many hands and many minds..

Really think about these things before you judge what another person believes.. Judge your own beliefs the same and then tell me what you come up with.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
The Bible is a book telling the story of Jesus, his life and death... How this ever came to be a religion is anyones guess. I wonder if in two thousand years time the world will be full of shrines where people can gather to worship Harry Potter?

Thats your perogative.. Why bring it here? Its totaly unrelated to the OP

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
TO THE OP........

I would just like to add, Sorry I only read the 1st pg and 4th. I do apologize to you for that.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 8:58 Jesus said, MOST TRULY I SAY TO YOU, BEFORE ABRAHAM CAME INTO EXSISTENCE I HAVE BEEN.

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Colossians 1:
15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: >>>>But I believe Micheal was the Living Word of GOD (El' Ohim). He was the First Son (Angel) created.
As the following verses will show. At the end time's Jesus is referred to as the Arch Angel, Living Word.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Matthew 24:31
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 10:1
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by spaceg0at

just sayin..

my god is not your god

What if that was something akin to a prophecy? Ever thought that the egyptians might have based their gods off of something that they knew was to come instead of something that might have already come? Egypt and Israel are very closely woven together in prophecy and in history, even bible history. God had plans for those countries to be united again at some point. They were united once before when they believed these gods existed... or prophecy of those to come. Once again... We throw stuff together and assume that it is what it is when it's VERY possible that we're blowing smoke up our own butts for the sake of publishing and the next great find. Just because these guys went to school for 8 years and played in the field for 20 years of their lives... Doesnt mean they know anything other than speculation. Remember... They're translating the EXACT same way the bible was translated, yet people feel that one translation is bunk while the other is perfection.

How many years have you been at your own job, and do you think you know every single aspect of it? I hardly think so. If you stopped learning, then unless you're doing it for the sake of not being able to do anything else, you would have left it a long time ago. We need to be stimulated to continue otherwise we're wasting our lives. For archeologists and historians, sure, these guys know alot.. Alot based off of the guy before him, the guy before him, and the guy before him and so forth.

Hmmm That reminds me of something... .Oh yeah! The bible!

So again, how is one better than the other? Why cant they both be correct? ..to an extent. Why does man always have to one up.. just sayin... (funny how everyone says this now.. followers or leaders? Well.. that would be a follower) just sayin...

So youre right and we're wrong... how does that make you any better than us? We have our own history book written by one Diety, through many hands. Yet you have books written by many hands and many minds..

Really think about these things before you judge what another person believes.. Judge your own beliefs the same and then tell me what you come up with.

well that just seems silly to me to say that they believed in future jesus and thats the explanation for the similarities in the stories, and thats that....

thats like saying dinosaur bones were put here as a test of our faith and thats the explanation as well, and thats that and there is nothing more to discuss.

there is plenty of room for debate of the biblical history of jesus, thats a fact. example: this thread

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by larnhr

I mean.....I know you're going to say the bible.

Is there a collection of Paul's letters anywhere else? Peter's? John's? Matthew's? Luke's? James? If you know of any place I'd be interested to read them also.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

well that just seems silly to me to say that they believed in future jesus and thats the explanation for the similarities in the stories, and thats that....

thats like saying dinosaur bones were put here as a test of our faith and thats the explanation as well, and thats that and there is nothing more to discuss.

there is plenty of room for debate of the biblical history of jesus, thats a fact. example: this thread

See, it makes sense to me, yet darwin seems silly to me. I would think that if there was a God of the magnitude that I always beleieved, then I would think that he's thought of all of this before time began.

For a long time I wondered how the Dino's came into existance, because it conflicted with what I believed. Yet, as I got older, I realised something one day... It's totaly possible! It made total sense to me one day, as me and my brother sat on the back swing and watched a lizard feast on fly's. I was blown away watching this thing. I imagined what a dino would look like. I imagined the lizard being many times larger. Then I realised something... And it all made sense...

The bible says that when Eve sinned, the eath was punished because of what they did. The lush forests died from the sun. The tallest trees that covered the ground in shade died and left only shorter trees and plants, therefore only the smallest of animals survived, for only they could hide from the constant heat of the sun. So when the earth had died in some way, so did much of the biggest animals.

Then I thought... 6 days... could be 6 million years... Long enough to leave fossles. But.. where are all of the bones that did not turn into fossle? Why only fossles and nothing much in the way of in between? Why are fossles on the surface but bones of these critters no where to be found? Why do we never see a fossle of an ape? A man like creature? Sure, someone can give me explination after explination. But I'm a show me kinda guy. Ive watched a waterhose laying on a dirt ground make rivers before puddles. Look at the world, but look at those things smaller than you, then blow it up a thousand times and you'll find the earth, the canyons, the mountains... After all, everything is a fractal of something else bigger and smaller right?

I digress.. So the earth was burned and much of the creatures died that could not find shelter. Why would they have to die millions of years ago? Why not 6 thousand years ago, and the remaining few in the great flood? What if carbon dating is false and the sun causes things to "age" faster. What if fossles are no more than recent life under super high pressure conditions that cause minerals to fuse into bio replacing it, making the fossle. It doesnt take flesh long to decay, especially in the ground, and under so much heat and pressure. You dont have to send it 20 thousand feet down.. I see what the pressure and heat can be just a few thousand feet down. I can see the grand canyon being made in only years, hundreds of years, a few thousand years instead of millions. It's soft sandstone after all. The great flood had to pour off somewhere. Maybe it was from the glaciers that covered the upper part of the world. Perhaps it created a huge water bowl within the middle of the ice and one day busted. Maybe all that ice kept the world cool for a while. Till God punished mankind and took away the cool breeze, the super tall shady trees, it may very well have been a true paradise. When man faltered, everything happen one step at a time.. Even after the flood.

Who knows. This could all make sense to me. If an archeologist said the same thing, many would believe him. Why any diffrent when the God says it? I knew of an Geologist in which I read, was a complete athiest. While traveling up the colorado river through the grand canyon, he realised that it could very well have been made in a very short time. He became a Christian. And like him, I believe that the flood waters that poured around the earth could have very well caused the shape of the all of the contenants. To me, it looks like God left the water hose on a lil too long. The curves match on each side. I would think that if we were billions of years old, erosion alone would have cause all the similarities on both sides of the water to vanish.

The earth is mysterious. Not one person can say it isnt so. Why would it not be made by a creator just as mysterious?

Myself believing, and another not, does not make us any diffrent than one anothr. I choose to follow rules that I KNOW I can break anytime I want to. But I rather not cheat on my diet, so to speak. That doesnt make me any diffrent than anyone else. I drink, I have fun. I cuss.. Ya know what, I know my creator still loves and looks after me. So why the great divide? Why cant we all believe what we want to without being judged? Isnt that the ultimate right? To not judge? Think.. If you dont judge, you wont argue, you wont war, you wont kill, because... you didnt judge.

Dont judge me... Love me and accept me for what I believe, and I will respect you and let you be free to believe your way so long as do not harm or hurt one another or take and steal from one another. Why is this so hard?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because you're quoting chapter and verse out of the bible as if it was real and really happened! Its a story, nothing more! As I previously said, will the people in two thousand years take the Potter books as fact and pray to our lord H.Potter of the mystical Hogwarts..?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Because you're quoting chapter and verse out of the bible as if it was real and really happened! Its a story, nothing more! As I previously said, will the people in two thousand years take the Potter books as fact and pray to our lord H.Potter of the mystical Hogwarts..?

Really? Show me where I am quoting chapter and verse... I couldnt quote a chapter and verse if my life depended on it.

The diffrence is... We know harry potter is a fictional book. Those that had the books of the tora back then... which started out as not books but records and words carried down from generation to generation... and no, it does not make it false because it was done this way... I can show you proof where many cultures did this, as well as some famous people through out time did, to hide from the church... documents got you burned alive. So they made signs and cryptic symbols to share among one another

Comparing the bible with harry potter is just silly and idiotic.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

For your limited knowledge here, Planet Earth is about 4.6 billion years old. Didn't know a man was around that long ago. Ever research the origins of the book you got that from? thought not. Now would be a good time, friend, you are among some very knowable people in here.

edit on 7/25/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Not only the things you have mentioned about the bible can be proven.
But if the flood didnt happen why does every civilization on earth have a myth about it??
Also take into account (which I will have to find) recently they found that women carry a type of time capsule gene that is passed down from mother to daughter.

This genetic time capsule show's at a point in human history we were almost extenct.
Also take into account that the most accurate account of the earth and atmosphere can be found on either the north or south pole. Were they drill out these huge cylinders of ice. That can account for things we never even knew.

I also believe that when they found Sodom and Gomorah, Which was considered a myth helps prove the accuracy of biblical accounts.
They also found coins from Casper a king that visited Jesus in the nativity. Which was considerd a myth as well.
They may have also found Moses egyption pharoh brother.

I just thought it would be nice to add these to the topic since it has gone off topic.....

But you are right we are all brothers and sister, geneticly and spiritualy. So make peace and love. Who wants a unhappy disfunctional family??

EDITED TO ADD: Also the Giant Nephilim of the OT have been found through out the world

edit on 25-7-2011 by Mividau because:
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I could go on about alot of history that I think was forgotten or lost, but I would be going way off topic here. And beings I'm at work most of the time I'm on here, I have very little time to really think about what I'm writing. At some point, I wanted to sit down and write a decent post/topic about a few of those mysteries, but untill then, I'm glad we can meet somewhere in the middle of all this and come to terms that we really are all the same.

What I miss most about these topics is, we seldomly find someone we can sit back and speak about these things without an all out war starting
I love constructive arguments, as I never want to be fully right, but I would always want to find the reasons and answers of the things that I am not right about. I think that's what the church assymbly was really supposed to be in the first place. If I were to ask such questions to most preachers, I feel that I would get the 3rd degree, especially if I found that what he was saying was incorrect. I would have to say that it was and why I thought it was. I dont hold onto beliefs if I dont have a basis as to why I think it's a certain way. I have to have a basis or I simply wont give it much thought or believe it. When I find correct answers, or at least answers that make sense to me, I hold onto them untill I am proven wrong again, and find an answer that bests the one I have at the time.

Good luck in your search! may you always find the light you seek.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
correct and though I have'nt read through the thread to see if any of these key points have been posted here they are anyway because too much reading makes the body weary
(Ecc12)

behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind..
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isaiah65,66

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Matthew18

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
John5

And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?
Luke20

when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians4

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
Hebrews1

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature
Colossians1

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1Timothy1

there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Colossians3

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew18

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Corinthians

Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Acts7

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you. I do respect your attention to the Word. As I said before, I believe you know your bible. If you truly believe I do not read mine and understand it then please say so. I think we just disagree on places where it is easy to do so. It is past midnight here and I have early meeting, I apologize again because I do try to think about what you say. I cannot answer tonight; but, am willing to continue the conversation, I just need a day or two to take care of other business. If this is not sufficient then I have nothing more to say. Be well.
edit on 27-7-2011 by AQuestion because: none made

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Sorry for my delay in returning. You mentioned Sodom and Gomorrah. I have never been there and do not know what you saw or why you could not explain it. You know your bible quite well (even if we may disagree on things) and there are plenty or ruins from antiquity. I would like to know what made these different to your eyes. Not being that into archeology I would probably ask a geologist about the destruction of the stones and what he thought had caused it; but, after so many years I would think that weather would make that tough to determine.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I am not quoting extensively because I got rapped on the knuckles by a moderator for doing it to much. I agree with your end conclusion, we all end up in the same place and it is about loving one another. We don't need to agree on much else; however, we should all be able to explain what we believe and why we believe it. People do not need to believe in the trinity; however, if God is all then he can imho create it as he sees fit.

A very long time ago my father got in an argument with my grandmother over the virgin birth. She said that she believed the bible; but, could not accept that someone could have a child without having physical sex with another person. We now know that it is very possible because of In vitro fertilisation. I think that much more is possible than makes common sense to us today because we are limited in understanding. Be well.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Jesus is a human, like you, and me.

So no, he didn't create anything.

Yeah, we humans raise ourselves from the dead after 3 days all the time. It's quite common actually.

Dear NOTurTypical,

I truly enjoyed your concise and pithy answer. I smiled as I read it. Be well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join