It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I might point out that eating pork does not injure anything... There is nothing one can eat that can defile a man...

Its not what goes into the mouth that defile a man, but what comes out can....

Must i post scripture to back this point?

edit on 11-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Please tell me what makes Mohamad "better" then Jesus...

Im curious...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I might point out that eating pork does not injure anything... There is nothing one can eat that can defile a man...

Here's what I wrote,

We don't have to suffer a divine punishment for eating pork but we do injure our souls by the defilement, just my opinion.
Go ahead and quote the verse if you know them. I think that would be instructive. I can't think of any. We don't have the same understanding of ritual impurity as people did back in the day so I don't know if there is any concern about personal defilement. That would be present in the case of Islam, having a thinking which is a throw-back to the iron age. There may be something to all that superstition, which recognizes the power of the earth gods though they do not give them the name. Despite their lack of power over the next world, they do hold sway in this. To quote Paul, "Does not nature show us this?"

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Please tell me what makes Mohamad "better" then Jesus...

Im curious...

Akragon,

The Muslims make no distinction among the Prophets. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Jesus (peace be upon him) and all the Prophets sent by God to mankind are all held in high station by the Muslims, there is not one that is better than other, since they all received the same message from God and making distinction between the prophets is an act of disbelief.

2:136 Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

2:137 And if they believe in the like of that which ye believe, then are they rightly guided. But if they turn away, then are they in schism, and Allah will suffice thee (for defence) against them. He is the Hearer, the Knower.

2:285 The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.

3:84 Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

4:150 Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between;

4:151 Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.

4:152 But those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of them, unto them Allah will give their wages; and Allah was ever Forgiving, Merciful.

So my answer is.. the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is not better than Jesus (peace be upon him) or vice versa.

----
Jesus( peace be upon him) in his gospel though describes the Prophet Muhammad highly and exalting him above all the messengers sent by God to mankind... excerpt below.

Truly I say to you, that every prophet when he is come has borne to one nation only the mark of the mercy of God. And so their words were not extended save to that people to which they were sent. But the Messenger of God, when he shall come, God shall give to him as it were the seal of his hand, insomuch that he shall carry salvation and mercy to all the nations of the world that shall receive his doctrine. He shall come with power upon the ungodly, and shall destroy idolatry, insomuch that he shall make Satan confounded; for so promised God to Abraham, saying: "Behold, in your seed I will bless all the tribes of the earth; and as you have broken in pieces the idols, O Abraham;, even so shall your seed do."

"I therefore say to you that the Messenger of God is a splendour that shall give gladness to nearly all that God has made, for he is adorned with the spirit of understanding and of counsel, the spirit of wisdom and might, the spirit of fear and love, the spirit of prudence and temperance, he is adorned with the spirit of charity and mercy, the spirit of justice and Piety, the spirit of gentleness and patience, which he has received from God three times more than he has given to all his creatures.

O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done. him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad, God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoelatchet for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God." And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God.

I love Jesus (peace be upon him) and I love the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). God said that you cannot truly be a believer if you do not love God and His messenger more than you love yourself or your family.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

the scripture you're referring to has been edited for the exact purpose of misleading people into eating unclean meat..

what Jesus really said was this..

Truly I say to you, that to eat bread with unclean hands defiles not a man, because that which enters into the man defiles not the man, but that which comes out of the man defiles the man." Thereupon, said one of the scribes: "If I shall eat pork, or other unclean meats, will they not defile my conscience?" Jesus answered: "Disobedience will not enter into the man, but will come out of the man, from his heart; and therefore will he be defiled when he shall eat forbidden food."

---- these are the words of Jesus (peace be upon him)... eating pork has been forbidden in the Torah, In the Gospel of Jesus, and in the Holy Qur'an because it is unclean. Men who disobeyed the Sabbath have been turned to apes and swines according to God, they are not for eating. It is scientifically proven that pigs have the same digestive systems as humans unlike other cattles such as cows, goats etc.

God knows best!

Peace!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

---- these are the words of Jesus (peace be upon him)...
Interesting re-writing of the Gospel.
What is your source for that?
Or is it just something a scholar came up with as an explanation?
I think it is just nature, or in today's terminology, science, that should lead people from eating animals so closely related to ourselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You can believe whatever you like, i prefer to take the words of Jesus as Truth, but again you can change them around and do whatever you will....

18And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Again, what you eat does not defile you, its what you say, and what you do that will "defile" you...

And that passage was for you JM, because you asked for it

edit on 12-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And by the way, this is my issue with what you said...

You called both Jesus and mohammad equal... yet you also said this...

Jesus ( peace be upon him) is the Prophet of God sent to the Children of Israel ONLY, not to the gentiles... that is reserved for the Prophet sent to ALL mankind, the Prophet Muhammad ( peace and blessings be upon him).

which is entirely incorrect... Jesus was sent to the world not just a part of the world. His words are there for anyone who choses to read them. Though not everyone will understand what he meant in his teachings, which is quite evident just by glancing over a few threads in this forum.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Mark 7

18And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

Actually, the clause 'purging all meats' was a margin note from one manuscript which got incorporated into a new manuscript upon copying.

The passage actually shows that at least some of the disciples of Jesus were literate, or even scribes. Uncleanness of hands can be caused by touching scriptures with at least 85 characters.
see: The Halakhah: An Encyclopaedia of the Law of Judaism By Jacob Neusner page 426 "All sacred scriptures impart uncleanness to the hands."

So some disciples didn't wash their hands after handling 'sacred scripture' before eating. These Galilean scribes did not observe the customs of Jerusalem scribes. see verse 1.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon

Mark 7

Actually, the clause 'purging all meats' was a margin note from one manuscript which got incorporated into a new manuscript upon copying.

The passage actually shows that at least some of the disciples of Jesus were literate, or even scribes. Uncleanness of hands can be caused by touching scriptures with at least 85 characters.
see: The Halakhah: An Encyclopaedia of the Law of Judaism By Jacob Neusner page 426 "All sacred scriptures impart uncleanness to the hands."

So some disciples didn't wash their hands after handling 'sacred scripture' before eating. These Galilean scribes did not observe the customs of Jerusalem scribes. see verse 1.

So you're saying that eating meat can still defile a person?

I do actually believe Jesus was a Vegitarian, but i don't believe there is a way to defile the spirit through consumption of anything... Though it may defile the body causeing who knows what kind of ailments, but that hasn't technically been proven either...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not saying anything about food. Touching scripture doesn't defile, reading it out loud defiles. Maybe since the recent invention of reading silently, just looking at it may defile the soul. I personally don't understand all that Jewish defilement taboo. I don't think washing hands (outside of cup) can remove soul (inside) defilement.

Best to just live with defilement I guess, and not expect admittance into any "holy place" or "holy assembly". I don't call myself 'exiled' for nothing.

I guess I'll have to read back a bit to see how the subject of food came up in this thread.
edit on 12-10-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not saying anything about food. Touching scripture doesn't defile, reading it out loud defiles. Maybe since the recent invention of reading silently, just looking at it may defile the soul. I personally don't understand all that Jewish defilement taboo. I don't think washing hands (outside of cup) can remove soul (inside) defilement.

Best to just live with defilement I guess, and not expect admittance into any "holy place" or "holy assembly". I don't call myself 'exiled' for nothing.

LOL

Nothing physical can defile your soul my friend... I think a lot of those washing traditions were based around keeping germs and bacteria at bay... it makes sense. Likely something that was learned after people got sick from eating certain meats. Like if you eat raw chicken, you'll probably get sick...

I don't think words or actions can "defile" your soul either honestly, though there may be concequences for said actions eventually...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again, what you eat does not defile you, its what you say, and what you do that will "defile" you...
Defilment would be something to make you have to keep your distance from God.
I was saying there is something, more than superficial, in who you are, in this world, which is injurious.
Was Jesus saying washing your hands and having personal hygiene is a bad thing which can be ignored? I don't think so. Is not having clean clothes on a reason to not be able to pray to God? Probably not, as long as you do not believe God lives in a cut stone building guarded by humans looking at you for cleanliness.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Defilment would be something to make you have to keep your distance from God.
I was saying there is something, more than superficial, in who you are, in this world, which is injurious.

Yes, that something is "sinning" against the spirit, or in the simplest term, Harming...

Love does not Harm... So that which injures or harms the spirit so to speak, is what goes against love...

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

If God is within All of us, then bringing harm to anyone is injuring yourself and God, which violates both of his commandments.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

We need soul hygiene so we can be of better service to our fellow gods.
We need not offer ourselves to the buffeting by the earth gods that drain our energy, which we can better utilize for more productive things.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

And by the way, this is my issue with what you said...

You called both Jesus and mohammad equal... yet you also said this...

Jesus ( peace be upon him) is the Prophet of God sent to the Children of Israel ONLY, not to the gentiles... that is reserved for the Prophet sent to ALL mankind, the Prophet Muhammad ( peace and blessings be upon him).

which is entirely incorrect... Jesus was sent to the world not just a part of the world. His words are there for anyone who choses to read them. Though not everyone will understand what he meant in his teachings, which is quite evident just by glancing over a few threads in this forum.

Akragon,

I know that you are a reader of the scripture; did Jesus (peace be upon him) said that he was sent to all mankind or did he specifically said that he was sent ONLY to the Children of Israel (12 tribes).

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” Matthew 15:21-24

- - -

The FACT that the Prophet Muhammad( peace be upon him) is sent to ALL mankind does not make him better than Jesus (peace be upon him). You totally ignore the part where Jesus (peace be upon him) spoke of the coming of the Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him)

6 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

7 And who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie against Allah when he is summoned unto Al-Islam ? And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

8 Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse.

9 He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

10 O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom ?

11 Ye should believe in Allah and His messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know.

12 He will forgive you your sins and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Gardens of Eden. That is the supreme triumph.

27 Then on the Day of Resurrection He will disgrace them and will say: Where are My partners, for whose sake ye opposed (My guidance) ? Those who have been given knowledge will say: Disgrace this day and evil are upon the disbelievers,

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I know that you are a reader of the scripture; did Jesus (peace be upon him) said that he was sent to all mankind or did he specifically said that he was sent ONLY to the Children of Israel (12 tribes).

He did specifically say to the Children of Israel actually... but look what else he said...

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Yes, he did say he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel, but he did not say ONLY them... for as you can see, he was sent to all those who chose to see the truth...

Sadly those that do see said truth are rarely from the religions of the bible....

The FACT that the Prophet Muhammad( peace be upon him) is sent to ALL mankind does not make him better than Jesus (peace be upon him). You totally ignore the part where Jesus (peace be upon him) spoke of the coming of the Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him)

Incorrect, i can't ignore something when i haven't read it... I've read bits of the koran, and i know little of the Islamic belief system... But already i've found an issue with it...

From your post...

Ye should believe in Allah and His messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know

What use does God have for wealth?

And since you want to post passages from your Book... I will post scripture from mine...

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

And since we're on the topic, would you please post some stuff about the Jesus your book speaks about... I will see the lies if they exist within the passage...

So do you dare and risk me showing you more truth then you might have?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

He did specifically say to the Children of Israel actually... but look what else he said...

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Incorrect, i can't ignore something when i haven't read it... I've read bits of the koran, and i know little of the Islamic belief system... But already i've found an issue with it...

From your post...

Ye should believe in Allah and His messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know

What use does God have for wealth?

The passage means that you should spend of your wealth in the cause of Allah means giving to charity.. feeding the poor, the needy, the way-farer for love of Allah.

Look all the passages relating to wealth in the Holy Qur'an. We do not take alms in the Mosque like Churches do, we give it directly to the poor.
47 And when it is said unto them: Spend of that wherewith Allah hath provided you, those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Shall we feed those whom Allah, if He willed, would feed ? Ye are in naught else than error manifest.

And since you want to post passages from your Book... I will post scripture from mine...

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Speaking of camels, the Holy Qur'an warn of the same thing...

40 Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened not will they enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle's eye. Thus do We requite the guilty.

41 Theirs will be a bed of hell, and over them coverings (of hell). Thus do We requite wrong-doers.

And since we're on the topic, would you please post some stuff about the Jesus your book speaks about... I will see the lies if they exist within the passage...

So do you dare and risk me showing you more truth then you might have?

Akragon,

Jesus said that he is sent ONLY to the Children of Israel... the rest of the Scripture that you quoted does not mean that he is sent to the whole world.

The Son of Man appertains to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his teaching will last until the Day of Judgment just as Jesus (peace be upon him) predicted when he said of the Paraclete ( which translated into Arabic means Muhammad)

John 16:7-13

But I tell you the truth, It is better for you that I should go away; for if I do not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I should go, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will rebuke the world concerning sin, concerning righteousness, and concerning Judgment. Concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; Concerning righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you will not see me again; Concerning judgment, because the leader of this world has been judged. Again, I have many other things to tell you, but you cannot grasp them now. But when the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he will not speak from himself, but what he hears, that he will speak: and he will make known to you things which are to come in the future. He will glorify me; because he will take of my own and show to you. Everything that my Father has is mine; this is the reason why I told you that he will take of my own and show to you.

Why did Jesus use the word "Paraclete" when he predicted the coming of the Comforter after him?

According to the Aramaic Bible Society, the word "Paraclete" back then meant the "Praised One". Muhammad's name was "Ahmed". Both Muhammad and Ahmed in Arabic mean "The Honored One" or the "Praised One".

61:6 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

--- If you deny that Jesus (peace be upon him) foretold the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). On the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against you. Do you know better or does ALLAH?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The passage means that you should spend of your wealth in the cause of Allah means giving to charity.. feeding the poor, the needy, the way-farer for love of Allah.

Look all the passages relating to wealth in the Holy Qur'an. We do not take alms in the Mosque like Churches do, we give it directly to the poor.
47 And when it is said unto them: Spend of that wherewith Allah hath provided you, those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Shall we feed those whom Allah, if He willed, would feed ? Ye are in naught else than error manifest.

Thank you for clairifying that

Jesus said that he is sent ONLY to the Children of Israel... the rest of the Scripture that you quoted does not mean that he is sent to the whole world.

I disagree...

Not only does he say "heaven and earth will pass away but his words will remain" but also... Blessed are they who have not seen and yet believe...

The Son of Man appertains to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his teaching will last until the Day of Judgment just as Jesus (peace be upon him) predicted when he said of the Paraclete ( which translated into Arabic means Muhammad)

That might be true, i don't know his teachings. I know little about Muhammad, and most times when i've asked people about it, they can't answer.

But again, what do you consider "the day of Judgement"? Consider if the earth still exists beyond that time, the words of Jesus will still be true.... And even if earth ceases to exist, there is nothing higher then love...

Why did Jesus use the word "Paraclete" when he predicted the coming of the Comforter after him?

Paraclete can be translated to several meanings including comforter.... But he explains, the comforter is the spirit of truth... So the question is, do you know what the spirit of truth is?

According to the Aramaic Bible Society, the word "Paraclete" back then meant the "Praised One". Muhammad's name was "Ahmed". Both Muhammad and Ahmed in Arabic mean "The Honored One" or the "Praised One".

That also might be true but consider this as well...

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
--------------------------------

How could the "comforter" possibly be Muhammad, if he(the comforter) can't be seen, and the world knoweth him not?

If you deny that Jesus (peace be upon him) foretold the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). On the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against you. Do you know better or does ALLAH?

I am not denying anything... im questioning your claims. Again i don't know your book, nor do i know Allah or muhammad. How can i deny that which i do not know?

And btw, when that "day of judgement" comes, i will welcome anyone who is a witness against me with open arms...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Jesus said that he is sent ONLY to the Children of Israel

Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

the Jerusalem above is free and is the mother of us all

Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

For he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

a righteousness apart from law to which the law and prophets testify

I have come in my fathers name if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord

there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.
“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But I tell you the truth, It is better for you that I should go away; for if I do not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I should go, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will rebuke the world concerning sin, concerning righteousness, and concerning Judgment. Concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; Concerning righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you will not see me again; Concerning judgment, because the leader of this world has been judged. Again, I have many other things to tell you, but you cannot grasp them now. But when the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he will not speak from himself, but what he hears, that he will speak: and he will make known to you things which are to come in the future. He will glorify me

The high priest said to him, I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God. Yes, it is as you say, Jesus replied. But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven. NIV

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

his purpose was to make one new man out of two

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever
scriptures available at www.biblegateway.com...
edit on 15-10-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join