It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space News: NASA's Next Mars Rover 'Curiosity' to Land at Gale Crater

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OR KEEP USING TEH SAME EXCUSE TO DROP # ON MARS... how many times u going to do the same thing :/

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like how NASA keeps increasing their fleet of vehicles on Mars, like they are planning a human invasion.

I can't wait to see what data this rover will provide. Hopefully, they (NASA), will put a human on Mars in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Now imagine if you will. Getting you daily Starbucks when you look up and see this operation happening before you eyes. Even with the knowledge of this type of technology it would seem strange indeed.

And us humans....would probably shoot at it.

Now think of a non-terrestrial intelligence witnessing this in their 'backyard'.
What about an intelligence even less advanced than ours?
What would their conclusions be?

Even if one thinks it is an implausible possibility it is interesting to ponder.

Btw: Not only talking about mars, just the concept of landing 'somewhere'.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

The current fleet consists of one.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I don't know the count for sure, but didn't they send two other rovers to Mars? But, if it's just one, that's a good start.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

One of the two rovers died after an amazing period of service and discovery, RIP Spirit, It was stuck in sand and unable to properly orient itself for the mars winter sunlight

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The last rovers were designed for 3 months of service if I recall correctly..... and made it way beyond that. As long as the sky hook landing that they are planning for works, and it lands ok, this one will be there much, much longer. It is designed to last 2 years, so if you could scale it reliably, it would make it way longer than 10 years.

Lets just hope that no alien jacks the wheels on this ride

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Sir !!!
Really a great view of mars!!!!!

Mars has no signs of life and offers a picture of a cold and barren land like a dessert.

NASA's MANEN mission reached at Mars on September 2014. See more here :
edit on Aug 5th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join