It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 FEMA Drill Connection?!? November 8-9

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Stony bodies less than 200 meters in diameter do not produce tsunamis

A rather strange statement. If an object 200 metres in diameter slammed into an ocean, I assure you that it would produce a tsunami, and a very big one at that. The run up after such an impact would be considerably greater than 60 metres.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

I believe the author you are replying to was basing their conclusions on the likelihood that a stony body, 200 meters or less in size, would break up into smaller chunks upon entering the atmosphere. These smaller chunks would then continue to break apart, resulting in some being vaporized while others falling (relatively) harmlessly to Earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
here's another YU55 simulation-

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I understand the "breaking apart" theory, but I suspect that an asteroid 200 metres in diameter is rather too large for aerodynamic forces to break it apart to any appreciable extent before it reaches the ground or ocean.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This thread is far more in the realm of possibility than any concern of a threat from
planet X or Elenin.
Although fema did a drill for the new Madrid and nothing has happened..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

New Madrid exercise = called off = "ATS EFFECT"

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I thought we were all supposed to be destroyed by Elenin in late september, and then there is the whole October 28 thing that so many people believe.

By the way I do not beleive we are gonna be bothered by elenin at all. It just seems quite a bit of the club here are thinking this way.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Please read the thread, it has nothing to do with Elenin.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

New Madrid exercise = called off = "ATS EFFECT"

Recapping on NLE 2011....how it went....for those who didn't realise ATS had cancelled it!!

"ATS EFFECT" = inventing a delusion then patting yourself on the back for preventing it when it doesn't come to pass!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What if we (USA) believes it will hit the other side of the earth? What if the next day is going to be when all hell breaks loose on this side of the planet. Fallout, tidal waves, earthquakes?? No one knows, but the fact that it's for the day after says something too. Could be like after the event happens they start doing things to help out. It also could be that it's a good thing to test our preparedness for, it was close we'll use it as if it happened, just to see what we would need to change had it happened...

Never know until the day is here!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
will the earth have any gravitational effect on the asteroid or does it go in a straight line?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Oh boy ANOTHER huge disaster thats supposed to hit us thats going to have everyone up in arms calling each other sheeple before it does absolutely nothing.

I look forward to the day after we were all supposed to be dead yet again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

will the earth have any gravitational effect on the asteroid or does it go in a straight line?

The asteroid will be slightly perturbed by the gravity of Earth and Moon, but these forces have already been taken into account in the calculations.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Agreed. On 9/11 they were having a drill that matched exactly the type of attack that took place. Same with 7/7 in the U.K..

It wasn't a drill on the day of the tube bombings, it was a crises management exercise. The same will be taking pace somewhere in London next week and the next week and 2 days later and, indeed, on November 8th

Just because someone holds a fire drill and the same day there's a fire in a different building does not mean the two are connected.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'll say the same thing here as in the Elenin didn't survive Perhelion thread. We don't have one item to worry about. (though of course we would if a big thing was really coming, so my statement is more analogy than anything!) We have a series of potentials coming, and always will have, until earth evolves as all energy eventually does. Ie. now, 5 years from now, 10 years, 50, etc etc.

What is the real concern, is that even for a modest event that would have some degree of impact, ie. CME's, big ones, and some earthquakes, maybe something hitting us, we won't survive. Nothing but cockroaches and grass will.

Why? Think of all the nuclear facilities and their fuel rods running dry.

Earth doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell to survive even a modest event.

So I think they're drills are irrelevant.

What they need to do is: Put All Nuclear Plants In Cold Shutdown, Immediately and Permanently.

And bring out the clean energy. I am aware China is buying up all the exotic mineral rights.

So get rid of patents and copyrights and usary as well.

However, earth and the moon/space debris, may have exotics, but just remember the over unity spin our planet does, is based off an IRON CORE. We got lots of iron. I'm sure some pretty good tesla coils and home power stations can be made using simpler designs.

And no, I don't wish to buy anyones fancy electricity makers, I want to make my own, and don't intend to allow Jackyls, and Pitbulls to fleece humanity any longer. In fact, for all their crimes against humanity, arrests need to made.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If I am not mistaken, as far as they know, YU55 will be the closest NEO until around 2028. Nothing they have cataloged comes as close for the next 20+years.

Although classified as a potentially hazardous object, 2005 YU55 poses no threat of an Earth collision over at least the next 100 years. However, this will be the closest approach to date by an object this large that we know about in advance and an event of this type will not happen again until 2028 when asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass to within 0.6 lunar distances.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

I just wonder how accurate NASA is

There is always that small chance,which is why it is listed as potentially hazardous.

The way the world is going, it seems that Murphey's law is in effect....

Edgar Cayce said Japan must go into the sea. The ring of fire is active, and an asteroid hitting the pacific rim would cause mega damage.

Lots of events in the world seem to be playing out some grand chess game, it would not surprise me if something like this was added to the chaos.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I'll say the same thing here as in the Elenin didn't survive Perhelion thread. We don't have one item to worry about. (though of course we would if a big thing was really coming, so my statement is more analogy than anything!) We have a series of potentials coming, and always will have, until earth evolves as all energy eventually does. Ie. now, 5 years from now, 10 years, 50, etc etc.

What is the real concern, is that even for a modest event that would have some degree of impact, ie. CME's, big ones, and some earthquakes, maybe something hitting us, we won't survive. Nothing but cockroaches and grass will.

Why? Think of all the nuclear facilities and their fuel rods running dry.

Earth doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell to survive even a modest event.

...ditto.

So I think they're drills are irrelevant.

What they need to do is: Put All Nuclear Plants In Cold Shutdown, Immediately and Permanently.

And bring out the clean energy. I am aware China is buying up all the exotic mineral rights.

So get rid of patents and copyrights and usary as well.

However, earth and the moon/space debris, may have exotics, but just remember the over unity spin our planet does, is based off an IRON CORE. We got lots of iron. I'm sure some pretty good tesla coils and home power stations can be made using simpler designs.

And no, I don't wish to buy anyones fancy electricity makers, I want to make my own, and don't intend to allow Jackyls, and Pitbulls to fleece humanity any longer. In fact, for all their crimes against humanity, arrests need to made.

I believe like you.........wow.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The speeds and orbits are affected, but on a rather minute scale. They diminish due to size and distance pretty rapidly. Through math, mainly calculus (Thanks, Newton!), we can get a rather accurate answer to what the effects will be. To say that these models are purely speculation is rather backward thinking towards science.
edit on 7/24/2011 by cmdrkeenkid because: (no reason given)

It's true that our math models gets these orbits pretty close: thanks Newton AND Leibniz, but also Einstein. It wasn't until general relativity was understood that we could even calculate highly elliptical orbits : comets. In fact, without relativistic effects being taken into account, our observations make it appear as if long duration comets aren't even elliptical, they become hyperbolic.

anyway, the point here is about error bounds or accuracy. i trust our math to a point. having had a buncha experience comparing models to reality: imma forensic engineer..failure annalist. And if there's one thing i know about models, it is that they are NEVER perfect, just closer to or further a way from correct

what i have not seen are the accuracy estimates for this trajectory. coupla hundred thousand klicks is pretty small by solar system scales....

anybody seen any actual numbers?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It wasn't until general relativity was understood that we could even calculate highly elliptical orbits

Highly elliptical orbits were being calculated long before Einstein developed his theory of relativity.
Relativistic perturbations are only significant over a single orbit when a comet gets very close to the Sun.

The reason that the orbits of so many long period comets appear to be hyperbolic has nothing to do with relativity. It is because their orbital elements are calculated as if the Sun were the centre of mass of the Solar System, which it is not. The Solar System barycentre (the true centre of mass) can be up to an entire solar radius (~700,000 kms) away from the Sun's centre, and that's because the giant planets (particularly Jupiter and Saturn) gravitationally perturb it. When the original orbits of long period comets (before they entered the planetary region) are computed with respect to the Solar System barycentre, they are ALL found to be elliptical.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

It wasn't until general relativity was understood that we could even calculate highly elliptical orbits

When the original orbits of long period comets (before they entered the planetary region) are computed with respect to the Solar System barycentre, they are ALL found to be elliptical.

curious. i read that it was relativist effects, but using a barycentre datum could certainly change a predicted orbit from hyperbolic to eccentric. I'd have to go into more research b4 i can reply with any greater detail.

my remarks, tho, incorrect or not, were stated as a lead up to the actual question. which was: what are the tolerances on those numbers? The barycentre is a calculated location (with associated errors), the actual measured velocity and vectors associated with yu55 also have some error.

how does this error stack?
Have we ever really checked? can we?

When we're talking threading an asteroid between earth and the moon, we're talking very little margin for error.

i'd like to know what that error is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join