It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Has anyone in the DC/MD/VA area seen a lot more military activity? I am near Fort Belvoir and have noticed a lot of strange military presence at all hours of the night. I am wondering the best way to find out more information about things in this area since it is the Capital.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealResistance

I have family in the Leesburg-Fredericksburg area, and they report no unusual activity for this time of year.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can't post the link on my Facebook. It says spam.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
NY reserves have ALL been called to active duty to be deployed to Syria!

We are NOT EVEN IN SYRIA! But our government is getting ready to expand the net of terror!

I'm not worried about our troops on our soil, its the foreign troops that concern me!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Meaby they are doing this when the contry collapses

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
here is what home land has to say on the use of the coast guard www.dhs.gov... from the link

Testimony of Rear Admiral David Callahan, USCG, before the House Committee on Armed Services, Subcommittee on Military Personnel, "The Reserve Components as an Operational Force: Potential Legislative and Policy Changes"

Release Date: July 27, 2011
so it begins

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
There is about the same number of cities, towns, etc. So that's about 1 military person for each one. I don't suspect the authorities are preparing for any "SHTF", being that they would need a few more men...and women...

Yeah but they have a few million thugs backing them up... or as we call them... cops.

The good ones have been kicked out/forced out long ago.

Cops are armed as much as the military these days.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardSweats

We are NOT EVEN IN SYRIA! But our government is getting ready to expand the net of terror!

Really? Link? Source? Anything concrete?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I really like your thread, but not so much the responses and SUPER LONG posts calling people paranoid for being concerned and asking questions.

These members are not looking at the bigger picture here. They should ask themselves WHY are SO MANY people being paranoid and untrusting of their government. Why are people turning off their MSM news and going to alternative sources.

No one should judge others on this forum. You can debate the information, but not judge a person's character and frame of mind and beliefs.

To call someone paranoid on a conspiracy forum makes no sense at all!!!!!

S&F for your thread. Thanks!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
To those of whom share a sense of pride of and for the unadulterated Constitution of the U.S. I invite you to join a society that thrives on Morals & Founding ideas of the forefathers of this Country. In short, This society does have ranks, does have secrets, and does have a system. Men willing to protect the very basis of our Country, who want protection for their families, who want to be protected behind a band of brothers, send your requests to

[email protected]

When applying!!! No names- Submit Gender- Tell us your views on Government. Protection through unity, Unity through strenth.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

To those of whom share a sense of pride of and for the unadulterated Constitution of the U.S. I invite you to join a society that thrives on Morals & Founding ideas of the forefathers of this Country. In short, This society does have ranks, does have secrets, and does have a system. Men willing to protect the very basis of our Country, who want protection for their families, who want to be protected behind a band of brothers, send your requests to

[email protected]

When applying!!! No names- Submit Gender- Tell us your views on Government. Protection through unity, Unity through strenth.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Really? Link? Source? Anything concrete?

dont' be silly - however the NYNG's 25th IBCT of about 2500 men is going to Afghanistan next year.

[sarc]And of course we all know that Syria & Afghanistan are right next to each other so it's the same place.....[/sarc]

Deny ignorance........yeah....right!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Amazing how "Russia Today" has become the most trusted news source for conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm not worried about our troops on our soil, its the foreign troops that concern me!

OH BS. This would be major news if ever reserve unit in NY was being called up. You probably just made this up

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is the source for this?

I'm just curious.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
This would be major news if....

I'm not claiming this is true.

But that is an extremely naive way to judge anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

The resistance in Afghanistan is holding their own pretty good against our hundreds of thousands of troups. These people are just people that don't want a foreign country taking over their country. The sad part is that our troops won't hesitate to kill us when the time comes. There will only be a few that see through the smoke screen and disobey the orders to fire on civilians. They will be briefed before they are sent to us that we are the enemies no matter how many of us stand up if the time comes. They will see it as an us vs. them situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You need to get a hold of a copy of your constitution, both federal and state and actually read the whole thing in its entirety.

I have done this and in Oz, it states clearly in the constitution that when a State of Emergency is declared, all constitutional rights are suspended for the period of the emergency. All rights. Including the rights to representation when arrested, rights of association in gathering, property rights, personal rights etc etc. Think about it.

The state laws also refer to State of Emergency in that they authorise ANYONE in authority (think state or local employees, emergency services, police, military) to confiscate ANYTHING that they believe will assist them in their duties. They can confiscate vehicles, properties, water, food, medicine - anything. I notice that mandatory evacuations were practised in Oz at xmas in response to flooding. I have never heard of forced evacs before this period.

This is the law. Find out where you stand in relation to your laws.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it only takes one sheep dog to move a thousand dumb sheep

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There's not much out there in terms of the operational plan related to this story. Then again I've never seen a real-world operation order (OPORDER) that was publicized.

FYI the 82d Airborne Division rotated brigades on a quarterly basis to deploy within the homeland after 9-11. At the brigade level a battalion was tasked and further down the totem pole an infantry rifle company was tasked. Effectively, there was a company sized element on 30 minute recall status for several months after 9-11 prepared to go should another 9-11 like event occur. I share this because the idea of a military force conducting a real-world deployment within CONUS (Alaska & Hawaii have active forces on-hand) isn't unheard of in our illustrious modern time.

I guess the question here is whether this 20,000 member force will remain a longstanding fixture of our security apparatus should they deploy? If so then I would like to see higher ups (a.k.a. TPTB) send 3/4 of that force to Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, & California along the border. They can liaise with border patrol while the remaining twiddle their thumbs & look cool while sporting Oakley sunglasses, cool guy kit, and a carbine with all sorts of superfluous accessories.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Axebo because: edited "infantry rifle platoon" to read "infantry rifle company"

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join