It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An actual interesting FoxNews article on Niburu.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The comments were not all bull. There were claims that Nibiru was supposed to hit in 2003. Since that was an utter failure the date was changed and changed and now is 2012. When that is a failure the date will be changed again. Maybe the date will eventually get back to the date that Sitchin proposed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

just giving my full thoughts and opinion on this, and saying this is bull crap wasn't the only thing i said.
i cant have an opinion in the middle of my post these days

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

thanks dude, im glad to see some people can read, think and remember the bull poo doomsdays of the past and how this will continue after 2012.

Listerofsm3g
edit on 24-7-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Again do not misinterpret my word. I didn't say the whole article is bull**** but I always take a reserve according to facts presented by MSM. Bias is often over there because the ones who control it (TPTB) is aware they have to be careful with what they say to not shatter to much the masses opinion or tranquility, period.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

You can have an opinion but what i am talking here is for discernment, especially when it comes from a MSM saying in a clear and polite manner the the conspiracy theorists are wrong with what they say. Even if the truth is out there in front of us never ever ever these medias of information will say it otherwise the mass hysteria to things they are not in control would completely destroy their quietness of mind. That is what I am saying here on this topic.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So are you saying there is evidence that this book is a hoax or are you assuming it's a hoax because nobody has seen the original writings?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Are you referring to Sitchin? Sitchin is a well known hoaxer? There simply is not the material Sitchin claims to have translated. No real archaeologist agrees with Sitchin's translations. In fact, Sitchin was not known to be able to read any of the Sumerian tablets.

The Kolbrin claims to be old, but there is no evidence to support that claim. There are no old documents to support the claim. There is no archaeological evidence to support the claim. It's a hoax. There are others such as the Oera Linda book.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are not seeking the truth. You are running from it.
You seek only information that will feed the beliefs you have already formed. You seek to bolster the already existing beliefs that you have. Anything that conflicts with that is considered rubbish and not worth your time. Thats not really the way to learn. You might feel you have an open mind but in fact it is not open at all. So MSM offers this article showing where these beliefs have come from. It offers an alternative ,and importantly logical, explanation what is being seen or not seen as the case may be. You should at least entertain the possibility that there is another explanation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Just because the MSM may be bias doesn't mean that alternative news sources don't have their own agendas. Take Natural News for example. I have yet to read an article from them that doesn't grossly misinterpret facts and in fact many of their articles contain outright lies. Then there's all the false claims the alternative media makes regarding things such as brown dwarfs. The alternative media is no better than the MSM. However, because they deal with fringe topics people just assume that they're telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I do but saying I am not open minded is wrong. The fact that I defend my perspective of view doesn't make me as limited person, really far from that. Yes I have my belief and I read the whole article but the thing is even how informative the article is, it still comes from MSM which is on my blacklist considering bias if too often present in them and almost everything they relates.

With that being said, I am seeking for the truth but for subjects which I need more understanding and on this one, this is not the case. I cannot prove anything about Nibiru or anything relating to it ( even if I could this would only put fear into everybody's mind ) but I have the deep true feeling inside of me, let's call it intuition that this whole thing is being played down to hide a higher truth which TPTB doesn't want us BY ANY MEANS to understand.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In regards to the Kolbrin Bible, there is no evidence that it has existed for more than about ten years. There is only one institution that supports the claims of the Kolbrin, Kimball College. However, Kimball College just so happens to be run by the same man who publishes (read as wrote) the Kolbrin. Out of all the claims the publishers have made about the Kolbrin that is verifiable is that it was discovered in Glastonbury Abbey. However, Glastonbury Abbey has stated that no such document was ever in their possession. Then there are a number of other claims regarding its discovery that combine events that happened centuries apart.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I rely more on alternative medias because I assume bias (maybe there is some, when there is 0% of bias anyway?) is far less in there than in MSM. It is more reliable in my honest opinion and I think personal discernment is needed out there related to alternative media when on is on the quest of finding the truth, isn't it?

Thruthsek3r

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

When I look into alternative media I almost always find more bias simply because the alternative media tend to be based on an agenda. Their agenda might be anything from organic farming to spiritual to alternative medicine to cars to whatever. A group based on an agenda is more biased towards their agenda then a group which is out there to disseminate general news.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You may find but it's not. You and I know exactly how the MSM works. The big ones that are the owners of the MSM are simply the one who own the news and what is projected on the said screens are their pure will. What cause big changes or could shake the mind of the masses (hard believers of non-MSM true evidence I must say)
is simply out of MSM owners agenda. We must unite, see through all these lies and start considering the real problems which they do not show to US on screen.

By this I call Japan and Fukushima which the crisis is still going on. I talk about the absolute ridiculous decision of the U.S. government to push further and later a real problem that is it's economy by raising debt ceiling. I talk about the E.U. which is going down because of the many countries having fiscals and economical problems becoming worse and worse and so on. I could go on but you know exactly what I mean so judge by yourself but you can't deny what I say.

With that being said, what's left for the poor masses out there is the MSM doesn't report what are the real problems right now? I say Alternative media. Maybe the have also an agenda but at least they talk about the real things the MSM simply doesn't cover to avoid to cause too much fear which is the real and true root of the problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Maybe the have also an agenda but at least they talk about the real things the MSM simply doesn't cover to avoid to cause too much fear which is the real and true root of the problem.

The alternative media is still a part of the media. They have their own agendas and biases. The MSM covers issues that sell to the masses. That still leaves lots of avenues for smaller media to exploit. You may be interested in information not always covered by the larger media outlets. I certainly am. I couldn't care less about most of the music scene or what actors do off screen. That type of material is covered by the MSM. Very little material concerning science or math is covered by the MSM. I wouldn't expect them to.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that smaller outlets are less biased when they cover an issue. Maybe they are more limited in revenues to properly research a story they are doing. Or maybe they purposely distort an issue to make the sales they need to turn a profit. Maybe they even distort an issue to maintain an image their clients expect.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Again it is a maybe as you said and my point isn't to argue whether you or I has the truth it is not important at all. The only thing I say is main stream media cover what it pleases them to cover to avoid causing havoc and fear. In other words many truths worldwide aren't covered just because it is not what the people wants to hear (it is projecting what sells as you said). My take on the alternative is that they cover what the MSM doesn't want to cover and this is exactly what I have interests in because it is often the most important pieces of information that we need to know in my opinion.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join