It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An actual interesting FoxNews article on Niburu.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The Nibiru conspiracies are so nonsensical that Morrison wonders whether even their purveyors believe them. Because many websites sell Nibiru books, tapes and even "survival kits," Morrison thinks they are purposely taking advantage of people who aren't able to distinguish credible sources from crackpot ones. "This is especially a problem for young people, which is why I am so angry at those who target children," he said.

www.FoxNews.com
Hey guys.. not sure this is in the right forum, if it isn't MODS feel free to correct me. Anyway, yeap another niburu/elenin/wormwood/darkstar/...whatever. Not trying to get into a debate wether it exists or not, but rather I was skimming all the MSM news sites and saw this article. I thought it was interesting to read, only because it seems like MAYBE NASA is really trying to tell believers that they are wrong but everyone thinks is a cover up.. I dont know but I tend to want to believe NASA this time. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
edit on 24-7-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

We are talking about FoxNews which is one of the many Main Stream Media full of bias in their articles and what they project as a media informer. Personally I wouldn't put so much trust into this one. Alternative websites is now one of the only way to get the truth now.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Oh My God!

It is true after all...

Were all going to die from Nibiru...

Everyone on ATS knows that FoxNews Lies.

So if FoxNews says Nibiru is a lie and they are lying, that is proof that Nibiru is real.

ARRRGHHH!!!!! To The Hills, No The Caves, No F It To The Bar

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
when i first read about nibiru i thought wow, does anyone else know.
now i'm conviced that it is all a bunch of crap.
did you know it was supposed to hit in 2003.
when it didn't the 'crack pots' threw in the mayan calander into the mix.
all a bunch of crap
edit on 24-7-2011 by listerofsmeg because: my spelling sucks

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I agree, by no means am I puttin Fox in the weshouldabelieveit bin.. still the interview with the astrologist is interesting. Right, I understand NASA will deny, deny, deny.. just saying the article got me to think and so I wanted to share

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
in 2008 the whole world would be able to see the planet Nibiru, yet in 2011 less then one year of the closer encounter, we still cannot see the Brown Dwarf...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

The Nibiru conspiracies are so nonsensical that Morrison wonders whether even their purveyors believe them. Because many websites sell Nibiru books, tapes and even "survival kits," Morrison thinks they are purposely taking advantage of people who aren't able to distinguish credible sources from crackpot ones.

"This is especially a problem for young people, which is why I am so angry at those who target children," he said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

don't forget some ats'ers too...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
it actually a very good article for msm.. it explains most of the main theories involving this planet/star quite well.. and even ties in elenin conspiracys. also it explains the origins quite well and does a good job of debunking the whole thing..
but... did they really need to talk about young children contemplating suicide? typical msm, they just cant help it...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

One could argue that every MSM is bias, and unless your one of these people that believe a giant star is coming to kill us all, this article shouldn't be much of a problem

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
in 2008 the whole world would be able to see the planet Nibiru, yet in 2011 less then one year of the closer encounter, we still cannot see the Brown Dwarf...

or feel its gravity causing havoc in our solar system..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Maybe Nibiru is bringing all this stuff or maybe it is coming alone but a bunch are coming at once!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
it actually a very good article for msm.. it explains most of the main theories involving this planet/star quite well.. and even ties in elenin conspiracys. also it explains the origins quite well and does a good job of debunking the whole thing..
but... did they really need to talk about young children contemplating suicide? typical msm, they just cant help it...

Thank you.. I wish I would have put that point in my initial opening statement but yes, you are right that's exactly why I started the threat in the first place

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

edit on 24-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The end must be nigh, never thought I would find myself agreeing FOX.

ALS

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I do not believe we will see this theorised planet in out time anyway. As much as this topic could be a load of BS, the ancients did mention this event, whether Sitchens was right or wrong with the Sumerian translations. Egyptians lean towards it, the bible even could refer to it in it's own fairytale way, the thing is why would people deceive future generations with false information, that has no benefit to anyone? But then again we only have to look to our governments and mainstream media for that answer aswell today.

Manuscripts 33:5 – 4 times the stars have moved to new positions and twice the Sun has changed the direction of his Journey. Twice the destroyer has struck Earth.

If this is true, we do not know how long it would take for this object to return. By the sounds of it, it is a very long distance orbiting object... So 100's of generations may never know about it until it returns. To be honest, it does not matter what anyone thinks, if the object is due to return, what are you going to do about it anyway?

Manuscripts 3:7 – Men will fly in the air as birds and swim in the seas as fishes. Women will be as men and men as women, passion will be a plaything of man. Manuscripts 5:4 – This was the aspect of the doomshape called the Destroyer, when it appeared in days long gone by, in olden times.

But their are two things this object definetly is not.

- A Comet
- Or a loosened Planet

Manuscripts 5:1 – It twisted about itself like a coil... It was not a great Comet or loosened Star, being more like a fiery body of flame.

take them two straight out.

If this object is a Planet, It must be in the Suns orbit, or a hitchhiker. It is definetly not a comet according to Egyptian texts. A Binary Star does sound like a contender, but apparently we will not see this object until it is right on us, so too all the people taking pictures of the sun etc, stop wasting your time.

Silver Bough 7:21
... There will be no great signs heralding the coming of THE FRIGHTENER ... It will be a time of confusion and chaos.

edit on 24-7-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Again and again an again we will not say it enough... Such comments as this is bull**** doesn't bring anything as a pejorative bias on the topic. Say you do not believe it but to allege something is purely wrong without any facts, proofs or whatever else to explain your opinion is simply waste of time.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Fine, no blame here just relating my opinion combined with my knowledge. It is actually alright

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Well you are right but this is not my point. What I try to say here is that a Main Stream Media relating particularly on this one gets me instantly a
. I am a true believer the truth is often (not always) distorted or restructured to have the typical everyday man reading it without having any problem with it ( quietness of the mind) in my honest opinion. FoxNews ain't no exception personally.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

No one but Sitchin makes this claim. He claims it exists in Sumerian tablets on astronomy. The problem is that there are almost no Sumerian tablets mentioning astronomy. Egyptians don't mention another planet.

You also posted a quote which is purported to come from the Khumry. It is a fake. The Kolbrin believers claim that an original exists but is hidden and only copies can be viewed. Right! There is little to show that this is not a very recent written book.

I should also point out that if this book is as old as claimed then they would not have known what planets are. I would not venture to claim that loosened star is a knowable issue from the limited material provided.

You also discuss whether or not the object is in orbit about the Sun. Although the object is claimed to have come twice there is no way that they could have known if it was the same object. There is no way to know if the object was in orbit around the Sun. Of course this discussion assumes that this hoax is not a hoax - but the Kolbrin is not supported by other discoveries of ancient texts with the same material.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join