It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word "Christian" appears 2247 times in the Norweigian terrorist's manifesto.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Manifesto can be found HERE

In the manifesto an urge for Christianity to "reclaim the commanding heights of media, parliaments, councils,
business and governmental authority"
is expressed.

The killer has already been exposed as a Christian and a militant Zionist.

See pages 695 to 699 (2.85 A future Christian identity for Europe?)

Seems religion could have played a vital role in the attacks.

Stay tuned as the story unfolds!
edit on 24-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Uhhh but he wasn't Christian and was a Zionist supporter(hardly Christian)and unlike Islam,Christianity does not tell you to kill to take over other and kill other people who believe in different gods.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Uhhh but he wasn't Christian and was a Zionist supporter(hardly Christian)and unlike Islam,Christianity does not tell you to kill to take over other and kill other people who believe in different gods.

You mean like Dr. George Tiller or maybe Giordino Bruno.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Actually, the Bible has similar passages to the Koran where it calls for Christians to kill those who oppose them and to make all prisoners into slaves, including women and children who are ok to be used for prostitution at that point.

Please learn a bit about a religion before you start blindly defending it.

IMO there is very little difference between the Bible and the Koran, both religions are a pest on this world and only bring misery and suffering.

Khar

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Without daring to second-guess the Lord, I would assume that a terrible act like this precludes salvation. Thus in the Lord's eyes (the only eyes that matter in this issue) he almost certainly does not have right to call himself a Christian.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly
John 10:10

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Really? What about these commandments?

Kill people of other religions (Lev. 24:10-16) also (Exodus 22:19), (2 Chronicles 15:12-13), (Deuteronomy 13:7-12), (Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill any one going too close to the tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51)
Kill anybody not observing Sabbath (Exo. 31:14, Exo. 35:2)
Kill children that disobeying parents (Deut. 21:20)
Kill anybody cursing cursing at their parents (Exo. 21:17)
Kill homosexuals (Lev. 20:13)
Kill people who have sex during menstruation (Lev. 20:18)
Kill women who lose their virginity (Deut. 22:21)
Kill people who commit adultery (Lev. 20:10)
Kill all who sin (ezik 18:4)
Kill anybody you suspect of being a witch (Exodus 22:17)
Kill fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27)
Kill anybody hitting a parent (Exodus 21:15)
Kill false prophets (Zechariah 13:3)
Kill the whole town if one person worships another god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19) (Deuteronomy 13:1-5) (Deuteronomy 18:20-22)
Kill infidels (and gays) (Romans 1:24-32)
Kill people working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill the sons of sinners (Isaiah 14:21)

(I found this list by somebody asking why these commandments are in the bible)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Wrong. There are no open commands to violence in the OT (always a specific group, though Zionists have a habit of identifying Palestinians with Amalekites) and there are rigid commands for pacifism in the NT

Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[g] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[h] 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors[j] do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

That is a pretty tight seal. How do you get around that?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Wrong. There are no open commands to violence in the OT (always a specific group, though Zionists have a habit of identifying Palestinians with Amalekites) and there are rigid commands for pacifism in the NT

"The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 8:12

8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The verses asking for pacifism are contradicted and diluted by other passages that are abhorrent and frankly disgusting.

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jesus will send his angels to gather up "all that offend" and they "shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." 13:41-42, 50

Jesus had no problem with the idea of drowning everyone on earth in the flood. It'll be just like that when he returns. 24:37

Pretty tight seal? pfft

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

The separation of the wheat and the tares is apocalyptic, and that judgment is that of God only.

Romans 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

Also, your cursory polemic of the continuation of Mosaic law is nonsense.

ful·fill    /fʊlˈfɪl/ Show Spelled[fool-fil] Show IPA –verb (used with object) 1. to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise. 2. to perform or do, as duty; obey or follow, as commands. 3. to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.): a book that fulfills a long-felt need.
Synonyms:
1. accomplish, achieve, complete, realize. 2. execute, discharge, observe. 3. meet, answer, fill, comply with. 4. end, terminate, conclude.

The purpose of the Mosaic law was to make a people righteous enough to bear the Messiah. It was harsh because the Israelites were often disobedient and in a primitive time would have been more likely to respond to violent consequences. Yes, this is "the ends justify the means" ideology, but God is entitled to this modus operandi, because unlike humans with good intentions who fail in this approach and just make things worse, his will will always be accomplished in the end. So, if Israelites had to be destroyed to make an example then the example was made and very concisely I might add to the people of that time. Anyways, so after generations of struggle, exile, and persecution the Israelites finally produced one capable of giving birth to the Word of God: the Theotokos, the Virgin Mary. In Yahshuah the Christ is the fruition of the purpose of Mosaic Law and it is thus accomplished by the final sacrifice on the Cross. So, we are no longer under the law and Christians operate by the commands of the New Covenant apart from the Old.

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."—Jeremiah 31:31-34

Furthermore, those made examples of did not lose their only chance for reconciliation. Christ entered Sheol in his death so that the Gospel "was preached even to the dead" (1Peter 4:6), it is also written that Yahshuah "went and made a proclamation to the spirits in prison, who in former times did not obey, when God waited patiently in the days of Noah…." (1Peter 3:19-20). You can also find evidence for this in the OT: "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited." (Isaiah 24:21-22). So, those who were killed for disobedience had a chance to be reconciled to God and attain eternal life.

This terrorist is not a Christian. He is fighting for a false, worldly Christian culture that is dying in Scandinavia.
edit on 27-7-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Also, your cursory polemic of the continuation of Mosaic law is nonsense.

Nonsense, it wasn't an attack.

Point 1:

Old Testament; filled with abhorrent ethical and moral teaching and abundant in it's requests for violence, including the genocide of another race of people (not to mention the destruction of their children) No exuse for that really.

Examples:

Exodus

2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

And That's just a drop in the water.Here's some lovely preaching from Deutoronomy:-

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. -- Deuteronomy 22:23-24

How about a word regarding treating prisoners of war?

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. -- Numbers 31:15-18

Point 2:

Jesus has is written to have no qualms with the Old Testament or the law of the prophets.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven

And the New Testament is filled with abhorrent ethical and moral preaching too.

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

I hope he's referring to raw material or that metaphor certainly is sinister, and evil.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Submit or burn! Submit or burn. We say you are a sinner! Agree with us, and submit, or burn!! Muahahahahorrible.
edit on 27-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Actually, the Bible has similar passages to the Koran where it calls for Christians to kill those who oppose them ......

Show me one scripture in the New Testament which says such a thing. Christians don't follow the Law of Moses so those rules and commencements do not apply to Christians.

Please study more before you making such statements about religion.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Actually, the Bible has similar passages to the Koran where it calls for Christians to kill those who oppose them ......

Show me one scripture in the New Testament which says such a thing. Christians don't follow the Law of Moses so those rules and commencements do not apply to Christians.

This post right here

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

This post right here

Those aren't verses from the New Testament. It's the Law of Moses and those rules were given to the Jews, not to Christians. So you might want to take that up with Judaism.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

This post right here

Those aren't verses from the New Testament. It's the Law of Moses and those rules were given to the Jews, not to Christians. So you might want to take that up with Judaism.

It's in your bible.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This post right here

It's in your bible.

That's because we worship the same God. It would be silly for it not to be there. We use it because it tells the story of how Christ would come into the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

This post right here

It's in your bible.

That's because we worship the same God. It would be silly for it not to be there. We use it because it tells the story of how Christ would come into the world.

So all commandments from the OT are moot? What about the Big 10 from Papa Moses?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

You made the claim that we are still under mosaic law, that was nonsense. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You just visit polemical websites like Evil Bible.com and take quotes out of context, like the destruction of the Midianites which you will find to be pretty damn justifiable considering what they did to the Israelites (I know, you actually have to read 10-12 chapters in context to pick that up). There's also the issue of Nephilim inhabiting Canaan and their poisonous influence on mankind which lead to the flood I might add.

Yes, Mosaic law was harsh by modern standards, but that is because modern society has a moral basis (thanks to Christianity and those influenced by it) while people back then set their babies on fire and killed people for fun. If the result of divine chastisement (for which there could be reconciliation beyond death) produced the Messiah by which all people might be saved, wasn't it worth it? No genuine Christian wants to kill you and the same can be said of the Jews. Stop being paranoid and telling us how we should violently interpret our scripture apart from our teachings. There are unbalanced people among us just as there are among you (Oh hey remember Columbine and all of the worst massacres of the 20th century?) and it would be best if you didn't foist your false, violent understanding of scripture on them and explain why they should kill you.
edit on 27-7-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So all commandments from the OT are moot? What about the Big 10 from Papa Moses?
I went back to an earlier post of yours where you linked to an earlier post you made about killing gays.
The verses are Romans 1:27-32. It says the people guilty of all these offenses listed are deserving of death. It also mentions a righteous decree. I would imagine that would be the Laws of Moses you seem to be wanting to refer to. All I can figure is that the perpetrators of the various crimes Paul is referring to would not be ones who have accepted Jesus and received the blessings involved in that. Such people not under the protection of Jesus and under his covenent may very well fall under the Old Covenant, meaning the Law of Moses, and will be punished accordingly.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

This post right here

It's in your bible.

The short answer would be yes.

However, I believe that the 10 Commandments are Universal Laws and these apply to everyone. As for the other 603 commandments those are often debated among the Jews so I can't speak for them in that manner.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Cuervo

I went back to an earlier post of yours where you linked to an earlier post you made about killing gays.
The verses are Romans 1:27-32. It says the people guilty of all these offenses listed are deserving of death. It also mentions a righteous decree. I would imagine that would be the Laws of Moses you seem to be wanting to refer to. All I can figure is that the perpetrators of the various crimes Paul is referring to would not be ones who have accepted Jesus and received the blessings involved in that. Such people not under the protection of Jesus and under his covenent may very well fall under the Old Covenant, meaning the Law of Moses, and will be punished accordingly.

Thus... showing how the bible commands its followers to kill people.

The corner I hear many paint themselves into is that the OT is and is not simultaneously God's word but not relevant.

It's cherry-picking and causes much debate. What the Church really should be saying is "Yeah, we get it. It's old and not all of it is directly inspired by God. Like the parts about hate and killing"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join