It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is stupider: Palin, Bush, or Bachmann?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Does anyone else find it funny that the people who don't subscribe to the left/right paradigm are hard core leftists?

It never fails.

It's the people who fall for the left Vs. right / Republican Vs. Democrat arguments who are a danger to our democracy. Neither side cares about us. If anyone believes that the Republicans or the Democrats have the will of the people closest to their hearts then they're mistaken. These politicians are merely two sides playing against the middle. Our political process is broken, and I'm not sure we as a People have the heart to fix it. I didn't sign up to pledge loyalty to an elephant or a donkey. Where are the intelligent, honest people with vision and the will to lead in the face of adversity?

All I want is something and someone to believe in. In my limited time on this good Earth I've yet to see a true David firmly plant his feet, square his shoulders and take aim at the many, many soulless Washington Goliaths. So far, those who have tried have been belittled and minimized by the very same people who scream for a change from the status quo.

I'm don't consider myself a reactionary or an idealist. I'm merely a middle-class guy trying to forge a sustainable life for my family. Am I so alone in my thinking?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Who is stupider, Bush, Palin, Obama or some Twitty Bird that thinks there is no God? Especially when we are all seeing Revelations coming true before our own eyes! Moreover, who is stupider you or me for wasting my time here trying satisfy Bill BS about single line responses?

edit on 26-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by fooks

OP ur a typical leftist troll.....boooosshhhhh baaaadd.... conservatives stooooooopppiiidddddd.........turn off msnbc
I don't watch any mainstream media outlets. The only television shows that I hear about that stuff from is The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Real Time With Bill Maher, but I watch those 'cause they're funny.

I come to this website for news. I don't need a reporter reading a teleprompter to tell me what's going on in the world when there are thousands of unbiased people here who aren't pushing an agenda and are more than happy to supply this website with news.

and go outside and get some sun
Have you been outside lately? As appealing as spending all day soaked in sweat and sunburned from the 100*+ weather sounds.....it doesn't.

are you sh***in' me?

ATS members have no agenda?!!

sol you get your news and opinions from comedians (maher is an idiot and not funny) and ATS.

cool
, besides your op didn't say "who "says" stupider things"...

If you actually read his post, you would see that he says that he gets his news from this site, and that he watches said comedians because they're funny.

reply to post by fooks

How exactly is his comment sexist? Also do you have any proof? People aren't going to believe you if don't have evidence to back your claims up.

reply to post by SeventhSeal

Same applies to you.

reply to post by barkingdogamato

Come to think of it, this is probably the best answer. I mean who's to say Bachmann, Palin, and Bush aren't just acting stupid to appeal to a certain voter base? It works on some level for them, so I guess in a way, they are smart, so I guess I will change my answer to the people.
edit on 26-7-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

ya i read his post and he said ATS people have no agenda.

big fail right there dude. take a look around.

he believes funny guys have more truth than regular news?

well, funny guy news are just a frikin commentary like other shows, bbc, cnn, fox.

with less facts.

stewert can be funny, colbert and maher, not so much.

ZOMG! i'm sure admin is laughing their butts off reading this and the others are clamoring to sign you guys up.

eta; ya, 7th seal, just read his post.

edit on 26-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

I disagree. The topic of the OP was to rate the "stupidity" of Palin, Bush and Bachmann. The OP provided many media examples that show their "stupidity" based on vocabulary, pronunciation and semantics. The OP used a non-standard formation of the language (which could be consider a pun in all honesty) to qualify the three people: "stupider".

As a result, other members pointed out that language-usage does not denote stupidity and others still pointed out that if that was a bar to be held up against, then the OP was also "stupid" for making use of the non-standard comparative form "stupider" (rather than "more stupid").

Thus, I decided to chime in that one of the posters passing such judgment on the OP made a comment that was tantamount in inaccuracy to the sort of evaluation the OP was making. (I did so in the form of being just as prescriptive regarding his inaccuracy).

I noticed that several of these comments were marked "OFF TOPIC", not just mine. However, there is no objective way to define the "appropriateness" of the path that a thread takes - only best assumptions through subjectivity. It's OK, for example (as I see the posts have not been marked as "OFF TOPIC") for some posters to include the TEA party as racist (not stupid) or Obama as stupid (but because of health care reform, not bumbled speech), but it is not OK to take the logical path of examining the hypocrisy on the right and left regarding gaffs and idiosyncrasies of our politicians as fodder for debasement. This is something common in our media and just as common in threads such as these.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

yes, 4 beers short of a 6pack fo shore.

anyway he changed his story like i said.

it would have been a lot more of a fun thread if he wanted to expose every ones mess ups.

but noooooooooooooo, picking on girls and someone no longer relevant.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by TupacShakur

Who is stupider, Bush, Palin, Obama or some Twitty Bird that thinks there is no God? Especially when we are all seeing Revelations coming true before our own eyes! Moreover, who is stupider you or me for wasting my time here trying satisfy Bill BS about single line responses?

edit on 26-7-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

So you're one of those who claim "the end is near" and some good vs evil battle is about to happen? Just like thousands of believers have for thousands of years?

Funny how it's always supposed to happen soon(TM)

This thing should be so simple. Go read up on how many times Palin & Bachmann lied when making important statements...if you do that, you realize they are class-A LIARS of pretty epic proportions. And that's not "left-wing propaganda", that statement's based on cold hard facts anyone can read on Politifact. While they're at it, they can also check out the Democrats and rejoice in them also not speaking the truth all the time. However, like I said, the amount of lies from Palin & Bachmann are on a pretty epic scale compared to pretty much every other politician. Only Trump faired worse

edit on 26-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I'm sorry. The grammar was to much to bare. The correct term is "more stupid."

Correct form: The grammar was too much to bare.

We all make mistakes, even you Albert Einstein.

Another correction, courtesy of your friendly local grammar police:

"The grammar was too much to bear"... unless, of course, you meant to lay the grammar out naked, for all the world to gawk at...

That's further over the top than using "wreaked" for "wrought" (which I've even seen professional writers do, who really ought to know better).

That is all. I'll go back to scratching my teeth now...

edit on 2011/7/26 by nenothtu because: grammar/spelling police had to slap the cuffs on himself... happens to the best of us, eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Some hilarious Bachmann quotes:

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

There are no studies because it's how countless people commit suicide. I strongly suggest that woman puts a plastic bag on her head and learns how "non-harmful" CO2 is

"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too"

The John Wayne from Waterloo isn't the western hero...it's a serial killer she's admiring here

"If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

We'd also be the new China

"Does that mean that someone's 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser."

Only in your fantasy world Michelle

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

There are no studies because it's how countless people commit suicide. I strongly suggest that woman puts a plastic bag on her head and learns how "non-harmful" CO2 is

neon is just as bad and so is pure O2.

carbon dioxide is what we breath out and what plants breath in to give out O2 so we can keep the cycle going.

too much O2 and the next time you light your cig, the world would be in flames.

too much CO2 would kill us too, moot point then.

can you say, "out of context?"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Again, an increase of CO2 in the atmosphere isn't good...and that's a FACT: LINK

So her statement was beyond ridiculous. But if you want me to post other ridiculous statements she made, just ask

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Thou art confusing carbon DIoxide for carbon MONoxide. Carbon DIoxide is not toxic, but it can kill by suffocation if concentrations are high enough to displace all the oxygen. I don't know of anyone ever going by that route intentionally. Now, sticking a hose up the old exhaust and huffing up copious quantities of carbon MONoxide is a time honored method of shuffling off this mortal coil...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Again, an increase of CO2 in the atmosphere isn't good...and that's a FACT: LINK

So her statement was beyond ridiculous. But if you want me to post other ridiculous statements she made, just ask

Are you kidding? An increase in atmospheric CO2 is GREAT! Plants LOVE it, and flourish! More plants= more oxygen production for us! During the Carboniferous era, CO2 levels were so high (roughly 5 times what they are now) that the entire planet was rain forest - wouldn't have to worry about that pesky Amazon deforestation if the whole damn planet was rain forest!

The down side of that was that atmospheric O2 was much higher than it is now (35% as opposed to the current measly 21%), and because of all that extra oxygen, forest fires were endemic. Didn't take much to spark one off.

maybe we ought to put a cap-n-trade on oxygen producing stuff, too. that stuff is DANGEROUS!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Gee, that depends on who you ask Link

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Well if the American voters could show they are fed up and don't want to continue the current regime by simply staying away from the polls on election day, but that obviously wouldn't solve anything.

Probably the best thing the American voters can do is take a page out of BO him-self's book on how to vote. In the write in section write down PRESENT. Might get through, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

reply to post by fooks

So while I get my info from a scientific publication, you get it from planetneedsco2.com...yeah, I think I'll stick to my source

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Glad to know ATS is overrun by Righties.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Si amigo.
Baracko es mas estupido!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by fooks

So while I get my info from a scientific publication, you get it from planetneedsco2.com...yeah, I think I'll stick to my source

I reckon you must have just read the URL, and didn't bother to actually delve into the links... See, that's what people do when they absolutely cannot argue with the facts in the message - they attack the messenger instead!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

reply to post by fooks

I reckon you must have just read the URL, and didn't bother to actually delve into the links... See, that's what people do when they absolutely cannot argue with the facts in the message - they attack the messenger instead!

Oh, I DID delve...deep

The thing is, I thought posting that website's name would be enough to point out what a RIDICULOUS source you used.

But I guess it isn't...

So let me make it even clearer why I believe your source is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE:

If you go to the "about" section, you can read up about the site's founder...his name is H. Leighton Steward. I strongly suggest you google that name and start reading, because it should be blatantly obvious why Mr Steward (who's served in MANAGEMENT and not any scientific roles) isn't a credible source. He's being paid by the oil and gas industry, the very same industry he tried to develop for years by accessing more oil and natural gas fields.

In short, I suggest you properly research your sources in the future

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'll take her quotes and raise you a few Biden *F* bombs.

"An hour late, oh give me a f**king break." –Joe Biden, caught on a live mic speaking to a former Senate colleague after arriving on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C., March 13, 2009 (

This is a big f**king deal!" --Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010

This putz can not keep his mouth in line while speaking to the public.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join