It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Ain't Gettin Any

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
If that structure at Lake Travis was built on dry land back in the day, it just goes to show how far down the water was in the first place.

appears all the lakes were originally rivers

Lake Travis is a reservoir on the Colorado River in central Texas in the United States. The reservoir was formed in 1942 by the construction of Mansfield Dam on the western edge of Austin, Texas by the Lower Colorado River Authority. en.wikipedia.org...

History: This lake was the only natural lake in Texas until it was artificially dammed in the early 1900's when oil was found and for flood control in 1914. A new dam replaced the old one in 1971. Caddo Indian legend attributes the formation of the lake to a giant flood.www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

edit on 25-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

appreciate the spiritual words and leaning
what I keep getting for years now is the whole house divided thing, let's just hope it does'nt turn into what some of the scriptures speak of, even so this is a fitting one about faith-

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habukukk3

had meant to post this image with the link originally

edit on 25-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
c'mon baby

Tropical Storm Don headed to U.S.

because the storm is still small, its intensity and track are difficult to predict.
Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Apparently Don basically collapsed, and didn't rain much on south Texas (sad for them).

Today was the 29th day in a row of 100+ temperatures in Dallas/Fort Worth. The next 7 days are supposed to be over 100, with Wednesday expecting to be around 108. We're tied with the 2nd longest 100+ streak right now, with first place belonging to 1980's 42 days. With the way things are going, we'll probably challenge that number.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

yep that was no jueno por caca! hopefully we'll get some in autumn at least? have friends and family around DFW also and are not such happy campers at the moment, I certainly never enjoyed the high humidity/heat during normal summers though not so much I would'nt live there again

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
San Angelo, Texas

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was on the freeway today and saw something that seems kinda sad as I think about. Cattle in a pasture where the rancher put up a pop up canopy for them to have shade. That's a first for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Look at the bright side, sneaking across the border through the desert regions just got a whole lot harder. 'Course it won't be much longer before it's Texans sneaking into Mexico to look for jobs...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join