It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO paintings in monastery Decani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So okay,couple days ago,i went researching the UFO paintings on monastery Decani (Serbia,Kosovo).
First of all i must tell you that,this is so beautiful monastery that it's amazing.

Second i must mention that the artist of this pictures is unknown.

Now i will write about the monastery past.

It was built between 1327 and 1335 by the Serbian medieval king St. Stephen of Decani and was dedicated to the Ascension of the Lord. The monastery is settled in the picturesque valley of the Bistrica river surrounded by the mountains and forests of the Prokletije mountain range It is the largest and best preserved medieval monastery in Serbia.
During its turbulent history the Monastery was an important spiritual centre with developed artistic and intellectual activities. Although the monastery buildings suffered damage from the Turkish occupation, the church has been completely preserved with beautiful 14th century fresco paintings.

Now i will present a gallery of UFOs on paintings.

I talked with the priests about this pictures and i wanted to hear what's their opinion.They said to me that even so everybody is saying this is a picture of the Sun and the Moon,they disagree with that.
They said this pictures doesn't represent a battle between light and dark because it's unusual to Angels to be in the Moon or the Sun,and that is what confusing them.
So i keep researching and i found this explanation.

The main picture show a fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350.Two objects with figures inside can be in the top left and top right of the fresco.Enlargements of these objects are shown above.The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani monastery in Kosovo,Serbia.The angel top left shows a bright female personification while gesturing to the Sun.The opposite shows a dark personification on the other side of the Moon.This juxtaposition of light and dark,positive and negative,Yin and Yan is central to interpretation of picture as representing man's redemption through Christ's death.

Source: Source

But,if we ask the priests this interpretation is wrong.
I keep researching but i couldn't find that clue,which would help me to realize what's the real true behind this pictures
So this remaining a mystery.

Here's some more pictures of this UFO paintings in this monastery.

Here's some videos

The only thing we can do is to admire this amazing pictures.
This is my first solo researching so i hope i did great
I would really like to hear you opinions about this one....
And yes,in the next couple of days i will upload my conversation with the priests with english translation

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Neat paintings, but just looking through the first few I fail to see any "ufo"pictures. I do however see things that the average layperson or someone who is a little too into wanting to believe would ignorantly call "ufos". I see common religiously depicted, well documented religious symbols that are commonplace from that period.

There are many, many threads on here that go into details about these confusing things. I would recommend anybody interested in UFOs for real, protect themselves by doing basic research. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
we must remember that waht we see as ufo the ancestors didnt have a clue about flying things so they paint or carve what they can describe in ther own ways what they seen

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
we must remember that waht we see as ufo the ancestors didnt have a clue about flying things so they paint or carve what they can describe in ther own ways what they seen

Or they painted what they read about and the popular way to illustrate it from some stupid book that would go on to start hundreds of wars and kill millions of people.

People need to stop thinking these stupid religious paintings are a frigging Polaroid of a real event, they are nothing more than common ways at the time artist depicted stupid religious things.

But hey, if we can be fooled by such things and not bother to learn the facts behind them, what hope do we have to be able to seriously discuss more modern things?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Although I've seen these paintings before, and read theories that they are depictions of supposed UFO's, I have to admit that I never noticed the 'sun and moon' aspects of the paintings.

They certainly seem to represent some kind of duality, one figure is lighter, the other darker, one gestures downwards while the other holds his hand up, one looks forwards, the other looks over his shoulder and so on.

Whether they represent some kind of flying machines or not? I think this will remain a mystery. They may be UFO's, as the OP has pointed out, it is very unusual for angels to be represented this way. Why place figures inside the objects at all?

What I did notice here is that they both seem to be 'pointing' east to west, which is the correct direction for the sun and moon to travel.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
In many mythologies, they were always depicted as an eternal chase across the sky between the sun and the moon.

Since early Chrisitanity intertwined pagan myths into its teachings, It's not surprising some of these stories found there way into the middle ages.

edit on 24/7/11 by EnigmaAgent because: spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Or they painted what they read about and the popular way to illustrate it from some stupid book that would go on to start hundreds of wars and kill millions of people.

People need to stop thinking these stupid religious paintings are a frigging Polaroid of a real event, they are nothing more than common ways at the time artist depicted stupid religious things.

But hey, if we can be fooled by such things and not bother to learn the facts behind them, what hope do we have to be able to seriously discuss more modern things?

I would doubt that anybody on here thinks that these are actual paintings of real objects. These old paintings are full of metaphorical imagery, everybody knows that. However, if one of the artists from that period did want to paint a mysterious flying machine that he witnessed, how do you think he would paint it?
edit on 24-7-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, using human forms to represent celestial bodies may be a hint at the artists trying to tie the work to older gods... For example, the dude in the sun can be Helios (complete with the greek/roman style toga) and the person in the moon could be Selene. Notice how the moon character has rather long hair.

Either way, using angels, gods, whatever to represent something is not something wierd at all. When this was brought up a while ago on these forums, someone posted a ton of examples in art.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by MainLineThis

I would doubt that anybody on here thinks that these are actual paintings of real objects. These old paintings are full of metaphorical imagery, everybody knows that. However, if one of the artists from that period did want to paint a mysterious flying machine that he witnessed, how do you think he would paint it?
edit on 24-7-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Do you really think in that time they were talking about flying machines or flying saucer?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Not UFO's, just religious symbology.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I know that but many priests don't agree with that..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I know that but many priests don't agree with that..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
sry dude..

but those are the sun and the moon..

since the legend says that it went dark at noon they picture them like that..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sry dude..

but those are the sun and the moon..

since the legend says that it went dark at noon they picture them like that..

I know,but did you read the whole text?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

edit on 25-7-2011 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Flying saucers are flying machines

I don't know.

It's difficult for us to try to imagine the mind of a person living in those times.

One description i read about an apparent UFO witness from the 8th century called them 'great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims'.

top topics

join