It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squall line blasts New Brunswick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Alexandra Pope, staff writer

July 24, 2011 — A powerful squall line raced across new Brunswick Saturday night, downing trees and knocking out power to some 18,000 customers.

www.theweathernetwork.com... l%20line%20moving%20into%20Bathurst%20Saturday%20-%20The%20Weather%20Network&lang=en

www.theweathernetwork.com...&stormfile=squall_line_blasts_new_bruns_240711?ref=ccbox_weather_topstories

That looks soooooooooooo familiar lately,,,,,hmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I live in New Brunswick and I just traveled to Prince Edward Island yesterday for a week long vacation. Shortly after we arrived, we saw a 'squall line' in the distance, before we knew it the storm was right on top of us. That was arround 8 Atlantic time. So it happened in PEI too. We took loads of pictures and I will upload them as soon as I get the chance, I didn't even think I'd get internet right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Thank-You for that.
Is it just me?,, or thats one heck of a,, Storm Cell,,and the same rolling cloud,,,>structure

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Storm fronts like that are common with severe storms. I see them all the time in Ohio and are even more prevalent in the actual midwest.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

We didn't feel a thing in Saint John last night. It was mostly clear with a few clouds. It was quite warm I wore a t-shirt all night comfortably. Really strange for Saint John weather.It did get windy for about a half hour around 8-8:30 though. But Friday night was one of the best lightning shows I have ever seen here.There were strikes about every 5-10 seconds for about 2-3 hours. Its was the most massive thunderhead cloud I've ever seen.
edit on 24-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

That thunderstorm came through my area on friday night as well. It was intense, constant lightning. I saw some kind red-orange light in the sky as I was watching the approaching storm. It was not a plane, or a toy plane, or a chinese lantern as far as I could tell. I tried to follow it and anticipate where it was headed, but I lost track of it (I was in my car attempting to pursue it). I think there`s a good chance it was ball lightning, especially since that storm was one of the most electrically charged I`ve ever seen. Hard to say what it was for certain though.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

When my grandmother was a little girl when she was in school ball lightning came through an open window followed her out of the classroom down the hall up the stairs and into another classroom and then it dissipated. There were witness to this. this happened in Minto N.B.

And yea I'll never forget Fridays lightning storm. Weird weather in general this year not much fog. Its funny how Saint John didn't see this storm on Saturday night.
edit on 24-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

top topics

join