It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the Debt Crisis Happens. The Lemonade Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The U.S. (and by default) the rest of the world that relies on the U.S. is in a world of hurt. whether they pass a bill or not, unemployment will still rise, the economy will still tank, and people will still be hurting. While the pols are a patting themselves on the back for averting a "crisis" millions will still be left sucking wind.

I'd like to create a "think-tank" thread that would enable folks to brain storm on ideas for generating their own income during times of economic downturn.

We have the ability to turn lemons into lemonade, if we try and work at it.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Booze and sex, one of the two will always make ya money. I would like to see communities depend on each other again, but most people don't even know their neighbors....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Great thread idea. Many people who live in urban areas will be unable to be self sufficient in times of a economic crisis. The ability to barter goods and trade services will be very important, as the value of the US dollar will be very low and possibly non existent.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeRoy1968
Booze and sex, one of the two will always make ya money. I would like to see communities depend on each other again, but most people don't even know their neighbors....

I wonder how easy it'd be to create a still?
The sex part? Not touching that.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Great thread idea. Many people who live in urban areas will be unable to be self sufficient in times of a economic crisis. The ability to barter goods and trade services will be very important, as the value of the US dollar will be very low and possibly non existent.
Creating garden plots (even in urban areas) might be a source of income for those that don't have money or goods to trade.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by mileysubet
Creating garden plots (even in urban areas) might be a source of income for those that don't have money or goods to trade.

Based upon gardening needs of 1,000 square foot per person feet needed for survival, I don't think urban gardens will be able to produce enough food to produce income. The 1000 sqft recommendation is assuming that will be a persons only source for produce. Urban gardens will however be a great source to supplement your diet in a crisis.

This link will help to explain the space usages for urban gardening: Urban Gardening

edit on 24-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Didn't know that. Thanks.
What about an entrepeneur going around and starting an urban garden "franchise"? Instructing people on soil, nutrients, plot size, ways to vend what they produce?
Perhaps a way to create local "farmers markets"?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The idea of a still is great. You could produce alcohol for several purposes. The first purpose that comes to mind is for producing a drinkable trade item. Other uses would include a clean burning fuel and a low level antiseptic.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not too many lemon trees in the UK, lots of turnips though, everyone loves a refreshing glass of turnip juice.

Nice thread, has got me thinking/

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Didn't know that. Thanks.
What about an entrepeneur going around and starting an urban garden "franchise"? Instructing people on soil, nutrients, plot size, ways to vend what they produce?
Perhaps a way to create local "farmers markets"?

That sounds like a very good idea creating a small farmers market and sharing the knowledge is beneficial to all concerned. Having a like minded community be it small or large make for a more secure method as well. a group of people with the ability to watch out for the shared community will also help lessen the chance that people will attempt to "help them selves" (steal) from your produce.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

An alternate for fuel (heating) or light would be an interesting idea. An also skirt the "legal" ramification of producing alcohol for consumption.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I plan on starting up a mighty band of outlaws and preying on the elite and giving to the poor.

However the booze and sex Enterprise does sound intriguing.
edit on 24-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So far we have gardens, heating fuel, lamp fuel, booze, and a misguided Robin Hood.

All in all, a great start!

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Pool your money together, get real property, rent out your pad and make income that way. Also, the catch (22) is to save some for the rainy days and then to spend some, especially to those who are on the verge of starvation and such.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder, perhaps somone with more financial acumen could help, if before Aug 2, a person bought a bunch of euros/foreign currency to "buy dollars back" after the dollar tanks with this debt issue.
It'll give that person a leg up on a deflated dollar.

Am I right on this?
edit on 24-7-2011 by beezzer because: n p

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So far we have gardens, heating fuel, lamp fuel, booze, and a misguided Robin Hood.

All in all, a great start!

Thanks!

Ok, the Robin Hood idea might be to dangerous and my band of merry men tend to be fat, lazy and chicken ****!!!

How about a few working girls in trailers for the Lemonade makers, gardeners and lamp fuel manufacturers.

top topics

join