It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who put this wacko in charge?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Boehner acts like he was elected potus. His arrogance and ignorance are an astonishing combination.

House Republicans Prepared to Act Alone on Debt Plan, Boehner Says

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Boehner said he'd prefer to strike a bipartisan agreement with the other side of the aisle to both cut the deficit and raise the debt ceiling. But he said it's "too early to decide whether that's possible."

"I would prefer to have a bipartisan approach to solve this problem. If that's not possible, I and my Republican colleagues in the House are prepared to move on their own ... today," Boehner said.

Um, how you going to do that einstein? The House of Reps can not pass laws, budgets, or regulations on their own.

Anyone who talks like this, claiming they get to make all the decisions, when they aren't a position to dictate the terms, is always a first class moron, and an arrogant one at that.

Who you kidding Boehner? You will do what your corporate masters tell you to do, and they aren't going to go for a government shutdown, because they are the biggest welfare queens on the planet, and would loose billions in gov money.

The republicans in the house are heading in the direction of worse poll numbers in history, and are doing a good job of making Obama look good.

The real answer is to increase taxes on the people who created this huge deficit problem, and that is the IC banker execs.

With this guy as speaker of the house, making these arrogant statements, maybe in the next election democrats can get a super majority.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What makes you think he has corporate masters? Why do people throw that term around so much without a shred of proof.

Did you ever consider that maybe he's just an idiot?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
What makes you think he has corporate masters? Why do people throw that term around so much without a shred of proof.

Did you ever consider that maybe he's just an idiot?

Top 5 Contributors, 2009-2010, Campaign Cmte
Contributor Total Indivs PACs
AT&T Inc $77,300 $67,300 $10,000
FirstEnergy Corp $47,800 $37,800 $10,000
Murray Energy $43,600 $38,600 $5,000
American Financial Group $38,900 $38,900 $0
CME Group $37,650 $27,650 $10,000

linky

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Can I vote for A and B?

Second line.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Those are simply contributions and I was asking for proof. You have proof that he isn't just following his ideology that corporate tax cuts are, in his mind, the best way to handle the economy and these guys are supporting him because they like his approach?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by boncho

Those are simply contributions and I was asking for proof. You have proof that he isn't just following his ideology that corporate tax cuts are, in his mind, the best way to handle the economy and these guys are supporting him because they like his approach?

Money is a powerful motivator. And given that you can't run without bringing in a certain amount of money, as they say, nothing in this life is free.

While I'm not fond of names and labels like "corporate masters", sometimes you have to read between the lines as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Because the only reason idiots like him get into office is from the backing of corporate masters.

How is it that even when you see where the money comes from, you can not face the reality?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You can run just fine without money and for proof look at the recent congressmen who was elected without even campaigning. I forget what state but he just put his name on the ballot and won so yes it can happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If this thing happened, please provide a link. Not that I don't think it could have happened, only that the story is missing a great deal of background. Chances are that huge factors in this situation are completely ignored, like outside funding groups, incumbency, all of that.

More importantly, maybe the guy isn't an idiot, and has a reputation that speaks for him.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
didn't the democrats have a super majority and got squat done. there's to much bickering and jealousy in the democratic party.

the republicans don't have this problem because they include everybody's ideas no matter how ludacris and criminal the law.

when the democrats realize that everyones contribution can be included in a law as long as the laws fundamental base is agreed upon, everyone will benefit.

and if the someones idea in the long run is counterproductive or fails to work, it can always be amended or dropped.

a law should be treated like a bonzai tree. any extra branches or leaves can be pruned to enhance the overall quality of the tree.

edit on 24-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It was some black guy from maybe florida I think...just happened and the dems were wondering about contesting it because he is democrat but looks like an idiot.

And as far as corporate contributions that does not necessarily equal enslavement to them. Politicians main focus is to stay in power and they will turn on their contributers in a heartbeat if they think it will cost them their office. I think it's more likely that baynor and his people believe the crap their spewing and corporate america likes what they hear so give them money to keep them in power.

If the dems started speaking like the republicans than you would see them contributing to the dems instead. They aren't making the politicians they are just supporting the ones who think like they do.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
With this guy as speaker of the house, making these arrogant statements, maybe in the next election democrats can get a super majority.

reply to post by kro32

Because the only reason idiots like him get into office is from the backing of corporate masters.

How is it that even when you see where the money comes from, you can not face the reality?

Obama jobs chief -- the CEO of GE -- pays no corporate taxes

The chairman of the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness -- also the CEO of a billion-dollar company -- paid no corporate taxes in 2010.

General Electric, led by Obama appointee Jeffrey R. Immelt, reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion last year -- with $5.1 billion coming from U.S. operations -- but had no American tax bill, and claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion, The New York Times said.

Who has the corporate masters?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

It wasn't Obama who gave the guy the tax breaks, it was GW and the repubs who controlled congress.
The very people that you support, whose biggest issue over the budget is to refuse to raise taxes on people like Jeffrey R. Immelt.

Did you ever bother looking up Immelt's position on taxes or anything? Or did you just accept the talking point put out, to throw it on the boards?

www.forbes.com...

one of planet's largest manufacturers of wind turbines. Yes we can: "You can either sit with a hood over your head and pretend things won't change, or you can get ready for it."

Sounds like a pretty good guy with his head in the right place. Just because he is a CEO doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Boehner is a psychotic constant CRY-BABY. Every time I see him talking he is LITERALLY CRYING like a little BABY. Something wrong with him. Something REALLY wrong WITH HIM.

And I have YET to see him do ANYTHING for ANYONE other than the WEALTHY folks of this country. Nothing for the common hard-working American worker, NOTHING for the common American middle-class family. ONLY THE WEALTHY!!

BUM!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Simple answer: The American People.

Wasn't it Obama that once said "Elections have consequences." ?

It is well known that one of the Progressives biggest goals is to destroy the American economy, so they can start over instituting more liberal/progressive ideas.

When Rush Limbaugh said "I hope he fails." He was talking about this right here.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sounds like a pretty good guy with his head in the right place. Just because he is a CEO doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy.

Yes, a real upstanding guy!

EDIT:

It wasn't Obama who gave the guy the tax breaks, it was GW and the repubs who controlled congress.
The very people that you support, whose biggest issue over the budget is to refuse to raise taxes on people like Jeffrey R. Immelt.

Democrats controlled Congress from Jan 2007 to Jan 2011, and the Democratic controlled Congress wrote the tax code for the 2010 tax year. Nice try, though.

edit on 7/24/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Correction for misinformation by poet1b.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

he is not a idiot...
he is a jerk.
a common petty theif.
he is in
BECAUSE NOBODY STOPPED HIM
we allowed this, we did not do it, but we allowed it.
lame

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Boehner is a psychotic constant CRY-BABY. Every time I see him talking he is LITERALLY CRYING like a little BABY. Something wrong with him. Something REALLY wrong WITH HIM.

And I have YET to see him do ANYTHING for ANYONE other than the WEALTHY folks of this country. Nothing for the common hard-working American worker, NOTHING for the common American middle-class family. ONLY THE WEALTHY!!

BUM!!!!!!!

Yeah, right. I'm sure that trying to not raise taxes is synonymous with hurting the American people.
And don't cry to me that raising taxes on the rich and corporations won't affect the masses. It's common knowledge that at the end of the day the common people pay the price for any tax increase in the form of higher prices for goods and services... passed down to the people when the government raises the operating costs of businesses.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Once again, the democrats didn't write the tax code that cut the taxes, republicans did. That you want to insist differently with vague suggestions demonstrates you care nothing about reality.

What the heck, your avatar says it all. You are a died in the wool, hard core conservative, who will support stealing from the working class and giving to the super rich, always.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Once again, the democrats didn't write the tax code that cut the taxes, republicans did....

The Democrats had the opportunity to change things for years and did nothing, but you don't hold them the least bit responsible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join