It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my own girly bathroom am I wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Can you put a lock on the bathroom door that only you have the key to? Surely that's the most simple solution.

I think it's good for couples to have their own space and he should respect that you need it.

After I read this thread...that is what I thought of..put a lock on the door...he will get the idea then....and sit down and talk to him about it.....communicate.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

That is what I have tried doing to my car,girly it up
so he won't want to drive it.I put a flowered cover on
my steering wheel and matching seat covers,he still
drives it.
Girly the bathroom up,trust me,he will still use it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Your Hubby reminded me of this...

The Toddlers Creed

IF I WANT IT, IT'S MINE!

IF I GIVE IT TO YOU AND THEN CHANGE MY MIND LATER, IT'S MINE!

IF I CAN TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU BY FORCE, IT'S MINE!

IF I HAD IT A LITTLE WHILE AGO, IT'S MINE!

IF IT'S MINE, IT WILL NEVER BELONG TO ANYONE ELSE, NO MATTER WHAT!!

IF WE ARE BUILDING SOMETHING TOGETHER, ALL THE PIECES ARE MINE!

IF IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE ONE I USED TO OWN OR HAVE AT HOME, IT'S MINE!

Agree with others on the key...CLAIM YOUR OWN SPACE. You DESERVE it.

Des

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

him a d I have shared everything for 23 years. Somewhere in the past year or so he has become not only space selfish, he noses i to everything like my purse, i havent combined, but darn it, what is wrong in feeling like one has a specific place i-they feel is acrid, it isn't my purse I'm trying for the bathroom. And for you who say leave him, have you ever been ina relationship/marriage to which made it to 23 years? A longtime union is worth finding ways to adjust issues, sometimes it helps to hear what other think and would do for the issue at hand.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Snooping can be a sign of someone who is a control freak. They have to know everything. They see snooping as another way to control things. It can also be a sign that a spouse or significant other thinks the other partner is cheating. If your husband is snooping through your purse and other things, you need to have a serious sit down talk with him.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

IF and this is a HUGH IF my husband cleaned up after himself I wouldnt need my own bathroom space. Let me give examples, I do not urinate outside the toilet, I sit down and my urine goes directly into the water. Never once have I an any woman I Know ever urinated on the floor or on the outsdie of the toilet. The beard hair, we have two sinks in the master bathroom, he will shave in his sink then brush his teeth and finish grooming in my sink and walks away without wiping anything down. The tub always has a dark brown ring around it, he takes a bath every day, I have to clean this ring every day. Know that it is summer he takes a shower once a day also, for some reason there is this dirty film forming all over the (separate) shower. My class shower doors "use" to be see through because after I shower I wipe them down he does nothing calcium and water builds up real fast. He leaves magazines and newspaper all over the bathrooms, all the for mentioned filthy habits apply to both bathrooms. I dont know, if he was helping with his mess it would be different, he is retired he dont even work anymore...

I would have moved out already, or even better tossed him out. That is yuck!!

If that is your situation, I would demand my own bathroom with lock - an use the lock at least until he gets the point or is trained into not using your bathroom. If he says you are being irrational, point out that you are a woman and are "allowed" to be irrational, just as he is allowed to be messy and not clean up after himself since he is a man. I assume your husband is of the mindset that cleaning up is for woman only?

Your other option is not to clean up after him (go on strike) and let the dirt pile up until he decides its gross and cleans up after himself. This won't be any fun for you if you have to live in the dirt too.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Oh just lock him out the house sweetie !!

Think of all that cleaning up that you won't have to do !!

edit on 25-7-2011 by uk today because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not sure here but, I think the husband may be a member here ( I send him links to different threads, am thinking he membered up without me knowing) because, he started using the second bathroom yesterday..he has never ever ever ever done this for a whole 24 plus hours...
and for all you woman who wonder why I dont leave him even though all the children are grown it is because we have accummulated 23 years of assets, I could divorce and get half, or, he dont take good care of himself in many differnet ways so the way I figure it its a matter of time. I just want 1 bathroom for know, I learn the art of patience about 10 eyars ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Not sure here but, I think the husband may be a member here ( I send him links to different threads, am thinking he membered up without me knowing) because, he started using the second bathroom yesterday..he has never ever ever ever done this for a whole 24 plus hours...

ATS...changing peoples' lives for the better....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join