It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal raises fears of terrorist attack on drinking water supply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Proposal raises fears of terrorist attack on drinking water supply

www.recordnet.com

A bill that would make public the location of hundreds of thousands of water wells in California is opposed by some local officials, citing fears of an attack on the state's water supply.

the California Water Service Co. - which serves 42,000 homes in central and southern Stockton - warned that releasing well locations would "provide potential terrorists with a virtual road map for carrying out an attack
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I love fear. I can't get enough of it. I want to live in fear 24/7, 365 days a year. I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE it! I want to provide a "virtual road map" to terrorists! How else are they gonna know when and where to strike? It's a no-brainer to you and I, but not to MY local officials!

Why can't these politicians leave well enough alone! Can't they just let the information get out to terrorists?! Is that asking a lot? My desire to live in fear far outweighs my need for safety of information.

When is our government going to stop trying to throw a monkey wrench in every terrorist plot?

www.recordnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
either fear... or more ' terrorist" attack...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Bit silly really..
Any terrorist with half a brain would just target the treatment plant..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
They will have to get past the flouride trucks first

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

They will have to get past the flouride trucks first

Not in my town, Zookey. I was surprised to learn they don't fluoridate my city's water because they think the cost of fluoridation isn't justified in comparison to the percentage of people they believe to drink the tap water. Plus, they say it's put in enough other stuff that we consume. Haha! I guess if I want my daily fluoride poisoning, I'm going to have to resort to my Colgate.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Oh God. Now we're gonna CONVENIENTLY have an attack on a water treatment plant.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

Isn't this how V for Vendetta kicked off??

There was an attack at a school. (summer camp island works)
Then a water treatment plant....

TPTB are getting their game plan from movies now??
#in lames

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oh God. Now we're gonna CONVENIENTLY have an attack on a water treatment plant.

Well, you know, I would imagine it was be more discreet and less costly than chemtrails.....LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

All a terrorist has to do is pour heaps of poison into Lake Mead, would kill most of southern California.
Or better still, infuse it into the waterpipeline running around the Sierra Nevadas.
Simple really

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Considering the radio active particles falling into all our open water sources these days, id say the terrorists are too late!
But really this stupid fear mongering attitude has got to stop.
Its getting laughable.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

All a terrorist has to do is pour heaps of poison into Lake Mead, would kill most of southern California.
Or better still, infuse it into the waterpipeline running around the Sierra Nevadas.
Simple really

There is no such thing as terrorists..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yeah, those 'terrorists' are just waiting for the list to be published. Obviously, terrorists are new to the internet and have never heard of Google Maps or Google Earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Im glad I have my own well! Things like this is enough to make you paranoid!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Simple really

About the only thing that has "Made in America" stamped on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Simple really

About the only thing that has "Made in America" stamped on it.

Hell yea! Why couldn't China take that one??? lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I dont understand why the US government keeps claiming that terrorists are out to attack regular Americans. Even if Jihad Joe was responsible for 9/11, they attacked economic and military targets of the US government.

Seriously, what is the point for some terrorist to specifically target regular Americans?

I think the whole reason of why this is even a story is deliberate. The media keeps talking the same lie that terrorists are out to get regular people.

If a terrorist did managed to spike one of these reservoirs, I bet that they would be both domestic and avid viewers of the mainstream media.

Personally, I think the Western media is propagating such absurd claims on purpose just to incite it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Maybe they feel like they are justifing their jobs by doing something. When there are bigger things to be looking at

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
A week ago a post on Sunni Islamist as-Ansar.com web forum was noticed.
Its about how that individual thinks the mujaheddin should kill lots of people by poisoning water supplies in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Googlish Translation

Mujahid of the individual / / Here's the best of the crusaders Matkdmh _ Europe and America _! An easy way to kill as many of them |
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
In the name of God the Merciful

Due to the intense summer heat of entry, and the enthusiasm of the month of conquests and victories month of Ramadan,

We like to offer this humble gift "to the individual Mujahid," so that lurks _ together with God and His help _ Babda crosses and their tails to pounce on them,

Is a gift to the wolf the best of themselves to those countries fight Allah and His Messenger ... Understanding at this time in dire need of such gifts! ,, As they pass them in summer is hot, and we know that in this hot weather how much you consume from drinking water,

Therefore I will put in the hands of the wolf and the idea of an easy way "to poison those waters," which goes through the cross worshipers day and night, and so may be moved from a free summer minimum, to the holocaust of hell, God willing, with pus and Zaqqum?,,

And nominate the best countries to spread the "deadly poison in its waters" [America, Britain, France] ... If that happens, other European countries Flabos! .

The post goes on to describe ways he thinks poisoning the water may be accomplished.

edit on 7/24/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Until 20years ago I lived in Cali, I visit it several times a year, have alot of family there. And I'm telling you none of Cali water is protected. A terrorist (be it Islamic or gov) could easily drive down (won't mention the exact highway name) and from the car roll down the window and toss a substance into the drinking water

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I thought about things like this years ago..well over a decade* a terrorist could easily infiltrate any water supply, and contaminate it with i dunno, anthrax, resin, bubonic plague* its so easy. why this is making news now, and not, lets say during bush jrs tour of afghanistan and 9/11..is beyond me. im sure bin laden would have thought of poisoning the water supply as an option. he didint. he wanted to make a point, prob along with the CIA, for political reasons, not to kill off everyone.
me thinks this news, is a hint p precursor for government being sneaky, and up to some black co op staged operation to do something, to send us more into panic as a public, for whatever reasons they have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join