It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicest Cop Ever

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a good cop imo.

How many of these supposed good cops report the bad cops they work alongside who break the law on a daily basis and fuel a great divide between public citizen and public servant.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I was told once by a police officer that the war on drugs is a war on citizens 9-11 just helped push things in the right direction and that the police are at war with citizens because everyone is suspect that cops should dress the part that their polyester uniforms just dont cut it anymore. I think police should be elected by a board alot like the sheriff anyone that wields the power of a cop these days should be under heavier scrutiny.

Also I would like to add 22 years as a Marine I would say that the officer is more of a Marine than a cop hoorah paycheck.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Thank you for sharing...that is a wonderful story! A policeman has helped me too....and here is the link to what happened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
There is no such thing as a good cop imo.

How many of these supposed good cops report the bad cops they work alongside who break the law on a daily basis and fuel a great divide between public citizen and public servant.

Obviously a quote by someone who has never been apart of a fraternization.. that's such a poor argument. I've never been in law enforcement, but I was a Soldier once.. there are good cops just like there are good Soldiers. Not every Soldier throws puppies off the side of mountains and puts it on you tube, has PTSD, or rapes and kills people... same with police officers above the law attitudes. It's hard to understand something you haven't experienced.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Next week, on the news: "Man by the name of Jeremy pulls out loaded gun and shoots up entire school, walks out laughing."

bahahahaha funny ..........

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the nice vid. Always good to see a cop who knows how to take care of a situation without it blowing up.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

we need more of these videos, i find them enjoyable to watch unlike the others. these type of police and policing do not get enough exposure, maybe if we as a world population pointed out good policing more often things might not seem as bad as they currently seem with all the examples of bad policing.

both need pointing out, but we need more good ones, it just seems they only get exposure when it is mainly bad.
there is a saying in sales/customer service, if a customer has a good experience they might tell one person, if they have a bad experience they will tell five people. seems to be true where policing is concerned to maybe.

the good cop not as many mention, but the bad cop...... all over the news and youtube.
edit on 26-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The man in the second video posted was obviously trolling for a police reaction imo. He admitted it his self. Just how bad cops give good cops a bad name that guy gives good citizens a bad image

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Texas highway patrol saved my life after a wreck

When I got out of the Hospital I went to their office and thanked them ..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I guess this shows the state of how screwed up cops really are, when someone feels the need to post a video about a cop doing exactly what he gets paid to do calling it "nicest cop ever".

In terms of gun laws, I know some Americans get scared about martial law and America being a cop state when there is talk of their guns being taken away or having more restirictions on when and how they can be used, and I know it's not guns that kill people it's people who kill people, but at the same time would you give an atom bomb to everyone and rely on common sense for them not to use it? No, but I guess Amrerica in general needs to be cleaned up(politicians/law enforcement etc) before the sane allow their guns to be taken away.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

The way I see it, yours is a "dumb ass observation" my friend.

Men don’t get the police voluntarily involved or press charges on one another, nor take one another’s life over an unavoidable fight. Silly boys however, do.

I was not saying to go around and randomly beat people up who have done nothing wrong. I’m speaking in terms of SELF DEFENCE, I thought you would have understood that as a possible gun holder and supporter but it just goes to show your mentality. You'd rather kill than wound for self defence.

Dangerous words.

reply to post by Stovokor

I could not agree more with your comment on the matter. However, there are times where a fight is unavoidable. Afterall, it takes two to settle their differences in a dignified manner.

Ignorance is bliss...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Thats like saying "why reward your child for getting good grades", Because you are proud of them and you want them to keep up the good work. Sure they are "supposed" to get good grades but they don't have to.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are no good cops, ever. If they tend to obey the law the are sworn to keep it's because they have no reason at the moment to break it. If a lion doesn't attack you at the moment we say " what a nice lion ". But if it gets hungry or you piss it off, well, all bets are off. It's the same way with police. No, there are no good cops. It's a pipe dream. You'll understand when they pull you into an alley and beat the crap out of you. Let's see how they act after August 2cd when the economy begins to really suffer.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Lots of good cops...nobody comments on them is all

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

...nobody comments on them is all

Of course not.. people need things to complain about. People who complain about the bad cops, 9 times out of 10, are the ones who try to break the law anyway. I understand taping a police officer during an confrontation but these youtube videos are all purposely trying to lure a cop into swaying off the line so they can say "SEE!? LOOK I KNEW COPS WERE CROOKED".. it's sad. Not saying all cops are good cops, but I think these videos are ridiculous on ATS

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
reply to post by Haxsaw

Thats like saying "why reward your child for getting good grades", Because you are proud of them and you want them to keep up the good work. Sure they are "supposed" to get good grades but they don't have to.

Fail analogy, not only are some kids oblivious as to why they really need to get good grades, they also arent being paid to attend school or get good grades, and as kids some struggle to fathom exaclty how these goods grades are going to benefit them in the long run, not to mention in most countires they dont have a choice they hav to attend school by law.

The cop is an adult, not only is he being paid to do what your describing as the "nicest cop ever", he also has taken it upon himself(no-one forced him/her to take the job) to sign up to be a "PUBLIC SERVANT", so serve the public properly or get another job I say and stop giving "PUBLIC SERVANTS" a bad name. They've also willingly signed up to uphold laws that are pretty terrible in the first place, so they dont get my respect from the start.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
POlice brutality at its very worst:

www.youtube.com...

How dare he behave like this??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join