The Nicest Cop Ever

page: 5
86
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


>>also i think its crazy that you can walk around with a gun in open view...>what would happen if he walked around the corner after this and killed 6 people?




posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
reply to post by ProphecyPhD
 


I'm with MrLondon on this!....I just don't get your sick obsession with guns!!

Wow!!.....Scary is all I can say!.....Very scary!!


Well, a little over 200 years ago you tried to control and oppress us by taking away our means of defense. we've never forgotten it.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The thing is, it being legal to carry a gun does allow one type of person to commit a crime.

A person who's never done anything illegal before, has no connections, but has "snapped"(mentally) and now wants to go on a killing spree. He could now just buy a gun, and go trigger happy. If it was illegal, this guy wouldn't be able to go trigger happy, as he has no connections and wouldn't even KNOW where to begin. That's the problem I see.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
The thing is, it being legal to carry a gun does allow one type of person to commit a crime.

A person who's never done anything illegal before, has no connections, but has "snapped"(mentally) and now wants to go on a killing spree. He could now just buy a gun, and go trigger happy. If it was illegal, this guy wouldn't be able to go trigger happy, as he has no connections and wouldn't even KNOW where to begin. That's the problem I see.


If this person you describe bought a gun and everyone else had guns do you think this "person" could kill eighty (80) people like that guy in Norway did



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Misterlondon

...again unlike america. (of course that could be just our media pushed perception of america here)


What you DON'T hear is:

- 200,000 women a year in the USA successfully defend themselves from sexual attack by using a firearm.
- Guns are used 2.5 million times per year legitimately in self-defense.
- Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year.
- The error rate (shooting an innocent person) is lower for civilians than police.
- States which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by an average of 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%
- Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89%
- In 1966-67, the media highly publicized a safety course which taught Orlando, Florida women how to use guns. The result: Orlando's rape rate dropped 88%
- In 1979, the Carter Justice Department found that of more than 32,000 attempted rapes, 32% were actually committed. But when a woman was armed with a gun or knife, only 3% of the attempted rapes were actually successful
- 57% of felons polled agreed that "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
The thing is, it being legal to carry a gun does allow one type of person to commit a crime.

A person who's never done anything illegal before, has no connections, but has "snapped"(mentally) and now wants to go on a killing spree. He could now just buy a gun, and go trigger happy. If it was illegal, this guy wouldn't be able to go trigger happy, as he has no connections and wouldn't even KNOW where to begin. That's the problem I see.


And what about the 17 people killed by the bomb he made from FERTILIZER? No firearm used there.

The only thing strict gun control laws did was to prevent someone from stopping him sooner.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If that was to happen here in the UK that chap with the gun would get minimum 5 years in jail, maybe more.
And as a person living in the UK, I say "THANK GOD".

I am "SICK" of people saying, "oh, eh, well, you could kill someone with like, em, a bag of apples"
That is true however. But carrying a gun, walking down the street.

Sorry, not a country I want to live in, and certainly not a country I would want my kids walking about in,

Its maybe just a UK way of thinking. People get stabbed yes, but if someone came at me with a knife, I have a chance to protect myself, same if I was attached by a nutjob with a bag of apples.
With a gun, your dead. End of story.

Dont buy into it. cant get my head round it. I respect any nations rights however, I am just glad I am in the UK.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
Did anyone get why "Jeremey " was pulled over in the first place? No ID? I thought that was illegal in Ca. Not willing to give a last name? Did the officer run the plates and see there was no history? What just happened here?


He was on foot. He stopped him because he saw the gun. He let him go because it was an unlawful for him to continue to detain him as he had not violated the law.

The gun had no bullets, he patted the guy down, he was on foot... He was calm and cool and didn't break the law... So he did what a good cop should do and let him go.

However, it did seem a bit sarcastic... with his comment "I know you have a statement to make. [with the video]"



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD
 

Do you know what is interesting? Even though the civilian did not give him respect, the officer still respected the man's privacy.


edit on 7/24/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Think you found a unicorn..and honest and equitable cop.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
If that was to happen here in the UK that chap with the gun would get minimum 5 years in jail, maybe more.
And as a person living in the UK, I say "THANK GOD".

I am "SICK" of people saying, "oh, eh, well, you could kill someone with like, em, a bag of apples"
That is true however. But carrying a gun, walking down the street.

Sorry, not a country I want to live in, and certainly not a country I would want my kids walking about in,

Its maybe just a UK way of thinking. People get stabbed yes, but if someone came at me with a knife, I have a chance to protect myself, same if I was attached by a nutjob with a bag of apples.
With a gun, your dead. End of story.

Dont buy into it. cant get my head round it. I respect any nations rights however, I am just glad I am in the UK.


It's really this simple. Criminals have illegal guns already. You don't suppose a law abiding citizen should have the right to protect himself against a criminal who is also armed? You give the advantage to the criminal. Open carry deters crime, it doesn't cause it. People who open carry don't often commit acts of violence... there is no metric to measure that says otherwise. Most of the time, it's not even loaded... the simple act of carrying it on your person is enough to deter would be criminals from trying to involve you in a crime as the risk is waaaaaaaaaaay higher than the reward....

Take away guns from honest people and the criminals become more confident especially when they have weapons.

Since firearms have been banned from the UK crime rates have risen... A LOT.

Source 1

Source 2

Two sources, the second one is necessary since the first one can be seen as biased since they are a Pro Gun outlet. The second one is just a traditional news source. There are tons more out there too... I don't feel like sourcing 20 articles though.

Make you feel any different?
edit on 24-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
If that was to happen here in the UK that chap with the gun would get minimum 5 years in jail, maybe more.
And as a person living in the UK, I say "THANK GOD".

I am "SICK" of people saying, "oh, eh, well, you could kill someone with like, em, a bag of apples"
That is true however. But carrying a gun, walking down the street.

Sorry, not a country I want to live in, and certainly not a country I would want my kids walking about in,

Its maybe just a UK way of thinking. People get stabbed yes, but if someone came at me with a knife, I have a chance to protect myself, same if I was attached by a nutjob with a bag of apples.
With a gun, your dead. End of story.

Dont buy into it. cant get my head round it. I respect any nations rights however, I am just glad I am in the UK.


No offense, but are you a woman? Stop being scared, if you owned and knew how to use a weapon you would feel a lot more confident. You would know in your heart that even if the person had a gun you could protect yourself. People will always have guns. Instead of hoping you don't bump into one educate yourself. How do you think police protect people? THEY ARE TRAINED. Train yourself so you are not helpless.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD
 


That was one of the nicest cops I've heard of. It's nice to know that there are cops like him out there. I wish that the guy in the video was more respectable towards the cop though.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-7-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by zerozero00
reply to post by ProphecyPhD
 


Woah!!

Did I just see this right here???.....An armed man can walk around with a very dangerous firearm and sounding very suspicious when stopped and asked questions by the police because of his lack of cooperation and you lot think its great???

I'm with MrLondon on this!....I just don't get your sick obsession with guns!!


Wow!!.....Scary is all I can say!.....Very scary!!



im glad someone else can see that too..

very scary indeed.. and it seems most are completly oblivious to the obvious dangers of having laws and society like this..

im glad they are banned in the uk.. friday/saturday nights in the city centers would be like the wild west!!

----------------------------------------
First of all, I resent it when citizens of other countries think they should have a say in USA gun laws. I strongly support the Second Amendment. Secondly, if one googles "England's crime rate after gun ban" a plethora of hits leads one to discover that the crime rate has WORSENED there since the gun ban.

One article states:
"...Gun crime in England and Wales increased 340 percent in the seven years since their 1998 ban..."
www.foxnews.com...

Another states:
"...The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year (2008) - a rise of 89 per cent.

In some parts of the country, the number of offences has increased more than five-fold.

In eighteen police areas, gun crime at least doubled..."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds kinda "wild-west-like" to me!
edit on 24-7-2011 by Habit4ming because: spelling



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yep! Good cop and he deserve a medal


Enjoy




posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


I disagree. Many cops who know they are being filmed still act as if they are above the law. Just look at all the videos out there.

In this video, the cop seems to be more in touch with reality than most that we see on the internet. He asks if he's being recorded, didn't have any problem with it, and even joked about how it "should look good on youtube". Another sign that he's not just acting for the camera, is when he asks the man's name. He didn't want to identify himself, but to break the ice the cop offers his first name. How many cops have you heard, on duty, refer to themself as "Jim" or "Dave"? I've not ever heard that before. The first name intro itself may have been a show, but the way he tried to kind of put himself out there, as if to say "Hey I'm not here to harm you" seemed genuine. He appeared calm, and respected 'Jeremy' the entire time. Seems like a nice guy, and as a police officer he seems very aware of the fact that a lot of people hate cops these days (and why).

It's refreshing to see a video like this one, OP. Thanks for sharing it with us.



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You know i love you guys and gals right?? You are going to get this sent to the "rant" forum so let us stay on topic here. Lets discuss the video. How the police officer handled the situation. Your own experiences with police (good/bad, Gun/No gun). When we start deviating from the actual topic it gets the entire thread tossed.

So....... Let us speak on Police Officers (good or bad) and let us compare them to this (seemingly) Upstanding Individual!!



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Must see!! unproffesional and it went personal


edit on 24-7-2011 by AboveTopZecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwilson
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


I disagree. Many cops who know they are being filmed still act as if they are above the law. Just look at all the videos out there.

In this video, the cop seems to be more in touch with reality than most that we see on the internet. He asks if he's being recorded, didn't have any problem with it, and even joked about how it "should look good on youtube". Another sign that he's not just acting for the camera, is when he asks the man's name. He didn't want to identify himself, but to break the ice the cop offers his first name. How many cops have you heard, on duty, refer to themself as "Jim" or "Dave"? I've not ever heard that before. The first name intro itself may have been a show, but the way he tried to kind of put himself out there, as if to say "Hey I'm not here to harm you" seemed genuine. He appeared calm, and respected 'Jeremy' the entire time. Seems like a nice guy, and as a police officer he seems very aware of the fact that a lot of people hate cops these days (and why).

It's refreshing to see a video like this one, OP. Thanks for sharing it with us.


I agree with your post 100% and thank you for taking the time out to reply to my thread!



posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
That is one of the coolest vids I have seen today. Did he even check for a concealed carry permit though, I thought that was mandatory...


The man obviously WAS NOT "concealed carry". Open carry does not require a permit in most states, though most new-school cops don't know that. My only question is, how polite would this cop have been if he knew he was not being video taped?
edit on 24-7-2011 by romanmel because: typo





new topics
top topics
 
86
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join