It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicest Cop Ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good post! I've found that in Texas your Highway patrol officers are really cool guys, the sheriff's deputies (depending on county) can be nice, but most of the time your little pissant hole in the road town cops are absolute putzes who would shoot their mother and screw your dog in the same breath. On the other hand, the cops in larger towns and cities are okay, as long as you treat them with respect. They will treat you the same way. If you come off with an attitude, no matter what badge they wear, they will give it back to you in bucketfuls. So don't give them any crap, and they won't dish it out to you either.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
no this isnt the nicest cop, this is how cops are meant to be in the first place... so your thread title is a fail. and this cop has failed, imagine this dude is a psycho and he went on a killing spree, then this cop would have failed at his job...

and the guys is a moron, the cop was being nice, so in return he should also be nice and coporate...

god, america is failing BAAAD!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Too bad this cop is one of the few, you can ague with it all you want, but most cops are power hungry and do get kicks out of exerting their powers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've met a few cops like him here in Britain and most are good people but sadly the minority of the scum get the attention and tarnish the good rep of the rest.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

And how are the other people shopping supposed to defend themselves with no weapons if someone starts shooting?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Well that is nice to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have to say WTH!! Guys walking around with a gun doesnt have to tell who he is?? Dont you need permit to walk with a open firearm in CA. It wasnt arizona was it. Like the cop said "God Bless America"!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its always nice to see a man in uniform act in a respectful manner when dealing with the public..no matter if it was his personality or the camera pointed at him..He had every right to stop the man even if he wasn't doing anything but exercising his rights to open carry a firearm, to take a threat assessment and find out if he was a danger to anyone else.. The man he stopped also was well within his rights not only to carry a weapon but to refuse to give his name..In this country our have been carrying firearms since the founding of this nation, and altho many people feel its in there best interests not to carry a firearm, others feel its not only there right but also as an American citizen it is there duty.. you see we live in a nation that was built around the concept of checks and balances witch many people ignore during there day to day lives.. these checks and balances not only are intended to keep you safe but also a necessary step to keep an eye on our government and there actions as well..

Open carry has never been ruled out as a right under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution by any court. In the majority opinion in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), Justice Antonin Scalia wrote concerning the entirety of the elements of the Second Amendment; "We find that they guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." However, Scalia also continued, "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow~!!!!! just Wow~!!!!

now THAT says America in 3 mins~!!!!!!!!
That's the America I know~!
God Bless you 1003~!!!!!
How hard was that to keep America safe?? ZERO sweat equity & paperwork

If it hasn't been said already, that's how to instill TRUST in your local police dept.~! You know what, I don't hate any cops, the human being in police uniform trying to do their job; BUT what I do hate are the actions that do NOT respect our civil rights, actions that are completely the opposite of this video.

So by these actions, no paperwork was involved, ensured that the person carrying wasn't a whacko, and was able to get back to work on bigger matters at hand...............all in 3mins or less~!!Wow~!

heh heh and my wife is from Oceanside yay~!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
See, now that is a good cop. Serve and protect. I hope cops take example from this.

Awesome, good guys are inside the cops after all, but then again he could have been acting :p

But I wont get into that

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Don't expect this thread to get much attention.

Cop haters don't want to know about the majority of good/normal cops, it's easier to concentrate on the bad minority.

The MSM always targets the bad minority, bad teenagers,extremist muslims etc etc.

The sheep (can't believe I'm using this term, but it fits) do nothing but lap it all up.

edit on 24/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

bad minority?

Have you've been living in a cave for the last 10-15 years? More than once a week there's a case of violent abuse, rape or murder by cops on unarmed people in the States! if that's so much a minority, where the hell are these brutal cops from!?

People are damn right to bring cases of police crimes and abuses here, and they still don,t do it enough!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This was really cool to see. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What a nice guy. To be fair though, the guy with the camera was being a bit of a dick. But the cop never took the bait and remained calm. It sure makes a change from what you see on the police videos of American cops

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi-Point JCP, good choice, was my first firearm.

Good cop, got lot's of respect for cops like him, most of the cops in lawton are good guys like him.

I'd like to see more threads like these.

Gotta take an ex-marine to show how to be a REAL cop!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Can't stand cops but I will say that he isn't the way your typical stop is usually executed. This guy was very experienced and handled it the way it's supposed to be.

Most cops have their egos in the way and think the hollywood cameras are rolling.

As much as I hate cops I have respect for the way this was handled. Still doesn't change the fact that most are scum.
edit on 24/7/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
THAT IS AMAZING, i never thought i would see anything like that ever. . . . . . . Seemed like the cop didnt mess with him because he had a camera tho, i bet if he was any minority that wouldnt have gone down the way it did.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's great to be a nice and guy and all! I applaud this officer for being patient and respectful to the man while doing the compliance check. However, sometimes being too nice can get a person killed in that line of work. We have to keep in mind criminals can be manipulative, and cunning. Fortunately for this officer, the person he was dealing with was compliant and cooperative. I wish the world had streets paved with gold and rivers of milk and honey, but this is the real world with some dangerous people around. Most cops are professionals, and they outnumber the bad ones.

Unfortunately for the good ones, they take the heat for the bad ones. Lately, people tend to paint all law enforcement with a broad stroke as being evil and corrupt instead of placing blame on the individual bad officers when the situation arises. This job is a thankless job, and they don't get the respect or appreciation deserved. That is fact, and the media covers more of the misconduct instead of the good by police officers. The media lives and breaths on shock and drama. As long as someone is compliant and cooperative most of them are respectful and courteous. I can honestly say that through my own experiences with them, I have not had any problems. Hats off to this officer, and there are others just like him who perform their duties day in and day out with this kind of professionalism when the cameras are off as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
'social badge is...'
'my name is..'
'god bless america..'
Umm i believe he also said with a strange look on his face..
'Are you recording me?..'
After that he might aswell said..'alright,well as your recording me,im going to mock america in thinkin g im a nice cop by letting you go and by spreading my name and america as a hero..sorted!'

Yeah,you could tell he was bluffing the whole time,i mean come-on..

i mean,seriously?he ackknowledged the camera the whole time!he even said, 'get a good shot of me..'
edit on 24-7-2011 by Winged-Sphinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Very professional and personable. But I am sure he cut him some slack because he was a Marine though.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

because he was a marine?are you kidding me?yep..-_-" hes nice now because hes a marine..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join