It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nicest Cop Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Officer Lyons with the Oceanside Police Department, Badge Number 1093. GOD Bless America!!

With all the anti-police threads (and i've participated), it was refreshing to see this.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Don't expect this thread to get much attention.

Cop haters don't want to know about the majority of good/normal cops, it's easier to concentrate on the bad minority.

The MSM always targets the bad minority, bad teenagers,extremist muslims etc etc.

The sheep (can't believe I'm using this term, but it fits) do nothing but lap it all up.

edit on 24/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That is one of the coolest vids I have seen today. Did he even check for a concealed carry permit though, I thought that was mandatory...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Great man. We need more like him wearing the badge.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Thanks for this.

Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of cops who try hard to do the right thing and to keep it together while on patrol.

I imagine this guy's Marine training helps him in his work. He showed a lot of confidence and that's tremendously important to a peace officer.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

He was "open carrying" meaning the gun was in plane view on his hip. No permit is required for this, though some states/jurisdictions have stipulations against it, or at least regulate magazines and ammunition with regards to open carrying.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

not to put a downer on your thread.. but firstly the cop is aware he is being filmed, now with all the anti cop videos lately, which im sure they are aware of.. of course he will be nice..

also i think its crazy that you can walk around with a gun in open view.. not be checked on who you are or if your even allowed to carry a weapon..
what would happen if he walked around the corner after this and killed 6 people? im sure there would be a completly different view on this cop and his actions...

this is the reason why you guys have such a high murder rate there, and most americans seem to advocate the ownership and carrying of firearms... i just dont get it...

edit on 24/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Now if all cops had this attitude, we would have a very prosperous and progressive nation.

What we need to really work on is the "Law", because there are stupid laws like excessive taxation or the war on drugs. We need to change those laws to something reasonable and prudent.

Combine this fine officer with some really legitimate legal reform, and we would have the real America that is in our hearts.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

this is the reason why you guys have such a high murder rate there, and most americans seem to advocate the ownership and carrying of firearms... i just dont get it...

If someone has the motivation to murder, he's going to do it whether or not he has a gun. Look at jails, they use anything from a toothbrush, to a paper clip to kill.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
First thing that came to mind when I noticed the thread title was......C'mon now not some twisted rant thread about that norweigan idiot "cop".

But I am happily surprised it is about a real good cop....for as far we can judge him in this short YT vid.

If this cop is for real he should have a statue made and placed in front of the police academy....with a smal flatscreen where the recording can be played back. Just to remind the students what it is all about to be a NORMAL cop.

F&S !! Thanks for putting this one up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

If someone has the motivation to murder, he's going to do it whether or not he has a gun. Look at jails, they use anything from a toothbrush, to a paper clip to kill.

That's because that's all they have available.. Also if I walked in to a shopping centre with a toothbrush with the intention to kill, I wouldn't get very far... But if I walked in with an automatic handgun.. Well I'm sure I don't need to spell it out. .

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I recognize that the majority of Cops/Police are good people who do their job properly, however as usual its the minority who mess it up for the majority.

If this is usually how the officer acts then kudos to him.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Criminals get firearms no matter what. Just look at the Norway shooter. Guns aren't legal to carry there.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Did anyone get why "Jeremey " was pulled over in the first place? No ID? I thought that was illegal in Ca. Not willing to give a last name? Did the officer run the plates and see there was no history? What just happened here?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

That's because that's all they have available.. Also if I walked in to a shopping centre with a toothbrush with the intention to kill, I wouldn't get very far... But if I walked in with an automatic handgun.. Well I'm sure I don't need to spell it out. .

Yes, I don't disagree, guns make it easier, just making the point that people will always find ways. I think to really stop the majority of crimes, you have to improve education, and give equal opportunities to all. Let's face it, the majority of high crime areas, have poor school systems and don't have the same opportunities as the richer areas. I also believe the parents play a crucial role, perhaps the most important role, in shaping a persons life and the direction they're headed in.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I could be wrong, but I dont think he was driving a car when the police officer came over to talk to him. It looks like he was just walking along the side of the road and his gun was spotted, at least thats what I gathered from viewing the video.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Woah!!

Did I just see this right here???.....An armed man can walk around with a very dangerous firearm and sounding very suspicious when stopped and asked questions by the police because of his lack of cooperation and you lot think its great???

I'm with MrLondon on this!....I just don't get your sick obsession with guns!!

Wow!!.....Scary is all I can say!.....Very scary!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Misterlondon

Criminals get firearms no matter what. Just look at the Norway shooter. Guns aren't legal to carry there.

but its alot easier in the u.s... you can even buy them in the supermarket.. no? or i saw something once that said, you get one when you open a bank account?

here in the uk it is possible to get one, but not easy... you have to know the right people and they always come from the criminal underworld. so yes they are available but not very common, unlike america, i assume it would be relativly easy to purchase one..

thats why here most of our violent crime, is knife crime.. with gun crime quite low in comparison.

thats why in countries where guns are banned you dont generally get people going on shooting sprees and killing loads of people.. again unlike america. (of course that could be just our media pushed perception of america here)
it does happen as shown with the norway thing, but that is an extremely rare thing to happen...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Woah!!

Did I just see this right here???.....An armed man can walk around with a very dangerous firearm and sounding very suspicious when stopped and asked questions by the police because of his lack of cooperation and you lot think its great???

I'm with MrLondon on this!....I just don't get your sick obsession with guns!!

Wow!!.....Scary is all I can say!.....Very scary!!

im glad someone else can see that too..

very scary indeed.. and it seems most are completly oblivious to the obvious dangers of having laws and society like this..

im glad they are banned in the uk.. friday/saturday nights in the city centers would be like the wild west!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yes this was a ncie cop. The problem is that it just takes a few idiot cops to spoil the reputation and a few cophaters to stir things up. It is a difficult job being a cop and it is dangerous.

God bless America!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join