It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I do for work.....A Day at Perth Meteorological Office

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Very cool thread Oz, thanks for showing me all of those gadgets.

I learned a few things, so remember that your effort has not gone in vain.

Thanks again, and keep up the posts I find them fascinating.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I meant Noobiru Damn these crystals...

Too funny......

Now I think I'd better cease and desist or Oz is gonna kick me out of here for derailing his thread......

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
ATTENTION

Let's remember our manners please!!

And please don't feed the trolls! Use the ALERT! function to notify staff of unwanted/off-topic posts. We've got special troll repellent to take care of matters.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Let's remember our manners please!! And please don't feed the trolls! Use the ALERT! function to notify staff of unwanted/off-topic posts. We've got special troll repellent to take care of matters. Thank you.

Oh, man.......I hate it when we get yelled at by the cute smoking Pug!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes, I was wondering, completely on topic off course, OZ, how much rain can the cup in the pic actually collect before it flows over the top?

And how high does this balloon actually fly?

These thermometers in the soil, how deep are they?

Very interesting actually.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A very educational thread Oz! Glad you took the time to post it. I never realized how involved it is.

In the picture with the Radiosonde on the table, for those who don't know what the object behind it is, that would be a corded landline phone
. I'm sure there are people here who never have never seen one.
If you get a few pictures of the weather balloon, you maybe be able to also post them in the UFO section.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
One of the most educational threads Ive seen on ATS. S&F

Now if we can only get those buggers at Area-51 or MIB to be so open

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
One of the most educational threads Ive seen on ATS. S&F

Now if we can only get those buggers at Area-51 or MIB to be so open

Yeah no kidding!

We need someone to post a thread with pics of the types of security devices or something that they use, and maybe tell us some about the different types of sensors and what they look for and how it stops everyone from ever getting in.

The more pics the better too!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't usually have a lot to say on here, more of a quiet observer.

Thanks for a great thread OZ

Now.

Grow the [SNIP] up the rest of you. It gives me (and guessing I would be the voice of more than a few on here) to come onto an interesting thread that has had verbal diarrhea splattered all over it, and having to then trawl through all the crap to get to the good [SNIP].

Trolls ... Always full of the same thing, just different consistencies

Anyway. OZ. Is all the older but perfectly good equipment still in use for backup/verification purposes?

How high up do weather balloons go? And do they get tracked by other meteorological agencies other than that which launched them?

Thanks for the thread

MM
edit on 24-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Great thread OZ and now hopefully when you post on threads concerning weather related topics other members will listen to what you have to say because IMO you can be called an authority on weather and you have just proved it.Great job my friend and I seem to think you may have a very fun and fulfilling job.Keep up the good work.

S&F for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So you're responsible for all those UFO sightings

Very cool thread

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice pictures and thread Oz.

I didn't know you launched those weather balloons remotely, I always thought it was done manual.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by backinblack

Nice thread OZ but that barograph looks older than me..

I was thinking I've seen the "balloon launcher control unit" in that pic of his inside the Robinson family's space ship from an old "Lost in Space" episode.

Stop toying with us, Oz! We haven't consumed THAT much fluoride!

You are all saying how old the equitment is suggesting his story may not be tue , But I think the equitment proberly is that old.

You have to understand about Perth.
It is the most isolated city in the world and not much has changed there since I was a kid and that was 40 years ago now. Perth is in western Australia and is one of the richest states due to the mining boom in the north , but it seems obvious from the atiquated state of the place and infrastructure that not much money from the boom is finding its way into the public assets which suggests the mining companies are not paying much tax or that the politicians are not putting that wealth of the state to work for the people .

So what is it Mr Oz weathermen . Also , another very interesting point you all should be asking him about is chemtrails over the south east part of that state that cause the mass bird die off over Esperence .
edit on 24-7-2011 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey Oz - Damned good and interesting thread but from one Oz to another - I'm concerned about the title of the thread as it highlights precisely where you work - I'm worried about your employer seeing this and not being amused. Is it too late for an edit? Or are your bosses cool with you putting it 'out there'?

Oz

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I hate to be the guy that says this but......

How any of this relivent, I thaught this was a conspiracy website, not show and tell.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join