It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hessdalen, Norway - light phenomenon documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Interesting light phenomenon in that is found in the Hessdalen valley, Norway.

Hessdalen light

The Hessdalen Light is unexplained light (a type of will-o'-the-wisp) usually seen in the Hessdalen valley in the municipality of Holtålen in Sør-Trøndelag county, Norway.

History and description

Unusual lights have been reported here since 1940s or earlier. Especially high activity of Hessdalen lights took place from December 1981 until the summer of 1984 when lights were observed 15 to 20 times per week. The frequency of the lights caused a gathering of numerous tourists staying there overnight to see the phenomenon.[1] Since then, the activity has decreased and now the lights are observed some 10 - 20 times per year.

The Hessdalen light most often is a bright, white or yellow light of unknown origin standing or floating above the ground level. Sometimes the light can be seen for more than one hour. There are several other types of unexplained lights observed in the Hessdalen valley.

en.wikipedia.org...

Will-o'-the-wisp

A will-o'-the-wisp ( /ˌwɪl ə ðə ˈwɪsp/) or ignis fatuus (Latin, from ignis, "fire" + fatuus, "foolish") — also called will-o'-wisp, corpse candle, jack-o'-lantern, and friar's lantern— is the folklore term for a ghostly light sometimes seen at night or twilight over bogs, swamps, and marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is sometimes said to recede if approached. Much traditional, non-scientific belief surrounds the phenomenon.

en.wikipedia.org...

What I find interesting is that 'Will-o'-the-wisp' is typically associated with the the supernatural - ghosts - etc, whereas many of the sightings in Hessdalen involve objects that seem to be solid. Is it possible that ghosts, spirits and aliens are the one and the same, meaning they are caused often by the same thing?

Thanks.
edit on 23/7/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Great thread I hope it gets lots of attention. It seem like this is quite possibly some kind of plamsa phenomena but....some odd things have been seen along with and also the plasmas seem to show some kind of intelligence at times.

Here's a paper written by Massimo Teodorani, Ph.D., one of the leading physicists on the project.

openseti.org...

So who knows.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I watched this a while back. I've been wondering if anything new has been caught on film lately. I really love these mystery spots around the world where ghost lights appear like Marfa, Texas and Brown Mountain. I'd definitely love to see them for myself!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
I watched this a while back... I'd definitely love to see them for myself!

I second that.
Very cool documentary.
My uneducated guess is it's an unknown natural phenomenon and not of alien origin.
This would off course not account for the sightings of solid craft. But the thing is, Ufos are spotted in every part of the world, these lights seem to be more tied to this specific location.
And that's why I believe the two are unrelated.
I like the mindset of the scientists and their approach to get to the bottom of this mystery.

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: typos everywhere ffs

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: ^^

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

Originally posted by Charizard
I watched this a while back... I'd definitely love to see them for myself!

I second that.
Very cool documentary.
My uneducated guess is it's an unknown natural phenomenon and not of alien origin.
This would off course not account for the sightings of solid craft. But the thing is, Ufos are spotted in every part of the world, these lights seem to be more tied to this specific location.
And that's why I believe the two are unrelated.
I like the mindset of the scientists and their approach to get to the bottom of this mystery.

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: typos everywhere ffs

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: ^^

edit on 24-7-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

I also believe that they are natural lights caused by some unknown geological process. Sort of similar to earthquake lights. As for sightings of alien craft, maybe they're just checking out the lights too!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I didn't see anything to lead me to believe that they were trying to say it was aliens or anything of the sort. I think that they are keeping an open mind which we should and hoping that we might find a scientific basis for the lights and possibly the other phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

join