It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 things the wealthiest americans could buy for the U.S. that most familys cant afford themselves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

Those who have the means, willingness and of course the resources to create new wealth (food, clothing, energy etc...) There will always be wealth because there will always be people wanting things that have even the most basic value.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
reply to post by NuroSlam

Completely agree my friend!

Is it just too much to ask for the gap to be closed just slightly though. I mean I'm all for free markets and all, just seems a little unbalance when you look at it that way...maybe its just me

I just don't agree with some being billionairs when others starve. It was our system that allowed them to get that way and when their fellow citizens need them most the take offense and call it class warfair! No one is trying to make us communists, just a country where you can count on those you've allowed to prosper to assist when the cards aren't in the little guys favor.

How would you close said gap? Do you really think taxing them more will give you more money? The only way the gap can be closed is if they make less or you make more.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by mutatismutandis Sounds like another Obama plan.......take from the rich and give it to the poor. How about instead of handouts, you try to make yourself sucessful?

Ever try to launch a serious business in this country? My brother and I (after many years consulting manufacturers and transforming their product development processes - see PLM) invented the ultimate product development process (see FlexPLM). We landed NIKE, REEBOK, LIZ CLAIBORN, JONES NY, TIMBERLAND, and ADIDAS in the first few years with 15% penetration pilots that blew their minds. They wanted to standardize on out FlexPLM product, but they couldn't until we could obtain venture capital and stabilize our revenue stream to the point where it would satisfy their boards (which is standard for a publicly traded corp that's doing B2B with any vendor.

The word got out to the large PLM providers and all venture was shut down completely on us and our 11 man software development effort. The product itself was hailed as a breakthrough that had no limits on application - from Footwear and Apparel to Process and even BioTech, but the financial stability of our little firm was the problem, and no one would touch us for fear of losing their access to the big guns that fuel their businesses with a steady need for short term cash flow.

We ended up having to sell our little firm to PTC (at the time, a 650 ML "white knight" PLM software company), who allowed the product to remain in existence, hired our CEO as the shepherd of the product, and agreed to let the design team remain intact. I was the Marketing Director, and I was allowed (for only 6 months) to train their team on how to even communicate with an industry that they'd been ignoring for a decade due to their inability to figure out how to serve it. The price of the entire buy was pretty embarrassing, and that was after PTC spent an entire year destroying our company brand after forcing us into an airtight purchase agreement that they didn't have to exercise for 12 months, but that gave them full control over our PR for that period of time. After all, it was that or fold up the tent and declare bankruptcy for us.

The net result is that PTC went from being a 650 ML corp in 2006 to being a 1.5 BL corp in 2010 (during the worst financial environment in generations), and has opened the Chinese supplier market like no other US company ever. And all because of our FlexPLM product. And we got completely f*cked - the only people of ours that are still associated with our own product is that CEO (who's now a glorified sales manager) and one software engineer, who's ducking and covering most of the time within that snake pit of a company. The FlexPLM product is so solid that it's survived the poisonous environment of that company, but the quality of the idea and the platform couldn't save the folks who succeeded in inventing it.

So, don't give me your sh*t about how the average person can succeed in business. Not in this country. Not anywhere in the world. The corporate elite won't allow anyone who's not from their stable of prep schools to be part of their fraternities, and if you don't get accepted into their fraternities, you can't lead their companies, and if you try to muscle in with a product or service that threatens their stranglehold on the markets, they'll simply place a few calls and the lights and water will get shut off on you. And then, if they like what you threatened them with, they might just buy it from you for a few cents on the dollar. They may even allow you to work for them, but only if you're okay with watching your dream belong to them and with losing your ability to nurture that dream.

You idiots who champion this system have obviously never become successful enough to be a target of it. You're just either sycophants of it or hired shills for it. Pathetic.

You can Google all of this and see that this account is accurate.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If we had a truly free market none of this would even happen because a free people makes informed intelligent decisions. This would lead to an atmosphere of intense competition, which would lead towards stable, fair, cooperative profit enterprises that want to provide products without harming the environment or local citizens property rights in any way.

This would make it impossible for 400 families to gather half of the world's wealth.

People would choose to not support that crap. That's what an educated free population would do, because they would want to progress technologically, socially, and politically into a golden age of academia and exploration.

But when you have a controlled system, and debt slavery market, people "do what they have to do to make it" instead of "what they would really want to do".

This is 2011 for crying out loud. People were expecting this stuff in 1910 to happen by the 1920s.

Compare the amount of money spent on pointless things that just get thrown away and create pollution or the expensive weaponry that destroys our civilization and creates even more pollution (nuclear biological chemical) with what we actually know that we need.

Education. That's all it really is going to take. Diplomacy, talk about things.

I don't think people really understand how powerful a mechanism freedom, liberty, academia, justice, and exploration are to creating a thriving infinitely progressing society and thus space capable and inter-planetary.

War, conflict, manipulation, deceit, treachery, and censorship cannot and do not work. They are destructive mechanisms.

In a true free society things progress and advance too quickly that all citizens have the capability to profit unimaginably by simply doing what they actually want to do. There are no regulations to stop them. Only the free hand of the market will tell them if their decisions are popular with the consumer base. An educated people will not stand for unfair business practices that harm other's wrongly. That's the problem today, we don't know the truth about how many crimes these guys are actually getting away with and have covered up.

It's unimaginable we have let the beast (govt/corp) run free and it has tamed us.

edit on 25-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
reply to post by NuroSlam

Completely agree my friend!

Is it just too much to ask for the gap to be closed just slightly though. I mean I'm all for free markets and all, just seems a little unbalance when you look at it that way...maybe its just me

I just don't agree with some being billionairs when others starve. It was our system that allowed them to get that way and when their fellow citizens need them most the take offense and call it class warfair! No one is trying to make us communists, just a country where you can count on those you've allowed to prosper to assist when the cards aren't in the little guys favor.

How would you close said gap? Do you really think taxing them more will give you more money? The only way the gap can be closed is if they make less or you make more.

/TOA

I'd be happy with shutting down the inside track that most silver-spoon idiots inherit from their daddies. I'd be happy with criminal prosecution for the net effect of collusion (since 90% of de facto collusion is nod, nod, wink, wink, type stuff that's been worked out long before its field application), criminal prosecution for board members and C-level execs who engage in or allow criminal activity to occur within their corporations, an end to hostile takeovers of healthy companies, and I'd be thrilled with a salary system for corporate officers that is directly tied to the quarterly health of the company itself (with allowances for profit dips due to long term investment expendatures and product/service improvements).

It's the closed game aspects of what's become of capitalism in the last several decades. It's become more like a feudal system than anything resembling free-market capitalism. Maybe it'll take locking those bastards in their offices and burning them down to change things, but I hope it won't have to come to that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12 How about instead of handouts, you try to make yourself sucessful?

Perhaps he knows the exploitation of another is wrong and that is what you must do to be 'successful' by today's standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join