It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did the Norwegian Shooter Become so Proficient at Firing a Gun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Anyone who has ever fired a weapon knows how hard it can be to hit a stationary, non-intelligent target from 20 ft. And this man was able to kill 85 people in one incident That's completely unheard of. He had to have been a very highly trained and skilled marksman to do that. There's just no other explanation. Gun ownership is virtually illegal in Norway. So, where did this guy learn to shoot so well? Where did he get the ammunition to carry out this massacre. Presumably there aren't gun shops in Norway whereby any man off the street can pick up high powered rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. How was he able to avoid detection, then? He had to have been in the military or intelligence services if you ask me. Most likely an asset of some sort. I'm not saying that he received orders from a government agency to carry out this attack. If that were the case, he would have never made it off the island alive. And who would be willing to participate in a suicide mission like that? No, he was mist likely an unwitting tool for someone's agenda. The New World Order, Norwegian government, Israelis? I don't know. But there is good reason to be suspicious that there is more to this story than meets the eye. Then again, it's our job on ATS to be a little paranoid and follow our racing thoughts

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

Well, if I'm not mistaken the shooter was using an automatic weapon. That makes hitting a target a lot easier.

Also, smuggling weapons isn't hard by any means. lol

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From the shooter's writings:

Simulation by playing Call of Duty, Modern Warfare is a good alternative as well but you should try to get some practise with a real assault rifle (with red point optic) if possible.

And:

End note 1: I will try to order a one week “shooting vacation” in a Christian African country. I will try to find a “gun resort” with access to assault rifles. I may bring my own “red point” aim in order to get used to it.

End note 2: As i have now acquired a legal semi automatic Ruger Mini 14 I can legally practice at the gun range. Full auto training is not really required.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Still, to kill 85 people is no small task. In a country where gun ownership is virtually illegal he had to have raised some eyebrows and attention logging in the kind of hours necessary to hone his shooting ability. Automatic rifle or not, shooting moving, panic-stricken targets is not as easy as you might think. He would need a lot of practice. I want to know where he learned to do that if it is so difficulty to obtain a weapon in Norway, fire it at targets, and still not drawn the attention of the authorities.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Interesting info for sure...

Where is that info coming from?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's not illegal to take a vacation from Norway. Dude could have been at a gun range in Texas for all we know.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Maybe he took lessons from Martin Bryant..

The Port Arthur massacre has similar undertones..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

It's from the marksmanship section of his 1500+ page manifesto, "2083: A European Declaration of Independence."

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Uhm its not hard to hit a person who is trying to swim away from you. Having an automatic weapon also helps out. A 90 minute police response would be the iciing on the cake.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I thought that since Norway was so small they had mandatory military service after school for a short period of time.
You really wouldn't know about my skills either though unless you talked to my best friends or family.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes one of Tasmanian mental healths I mean Tavistocks finest,Bryant was in Hereford UK home of the SAS wonder what he was doing there?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
(deleted post) my bad

edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: deleted

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Maybe he took lessons from Martin Bryant..

The Port Arthur massacre has similar undertones..

That's the first thing I thought too.

This is starting to sound very similar to Port Arthur, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Is this part of what is happenning? www.youtube.com... Are we set up from the get go.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The police did not arrive on the scene until an hour and a half after the shooting began. Plenty of time to shoot 80 terrified kids, especially with half of them in the water.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Still have not heard a credible explanation why there was no security on Island with so many kids .

Simple question and should have been addressed by now.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There's no way this guy acted alone. Looks like a typical brainwashed asset to me...

OP, one of the most important points you bring up is how, in Norway, private gun ownership is nearly non-existent.

Look what can happen when only the bad guys have guns.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

It took police an hour and a half to respond to the scene-that's how he was able to do it........

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Carips Protection and Security, a PCCTS group taught him to shoot. See my 2 posts:

and this one:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Since many of you would rather make up your own story than actually read something, here is the cliffs notes version.

The gunman IS a christian fundamentalist. However his motivations were political. He confessed to both the shooting and the bombing due to his hatred for the current political party. In his manifesto, however, he was also pro-israel.

Anders Behring Breivik, the gunman, learned to shoot during his mandatory service in the Norwegian Army. He was also an avid hunter.

Breivik legally owned a Glock pistol, Ruger Mini-14, and a shotgun. The Glock and Mini-14 were the weapons used in the attack. They were both semi-automatic.

The Ruger Mini-14 held standard 30-round STANAG mags while the Glock was reported to be a Glock-17 with standard sized magazines of 17-rounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join