It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space and Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
With the extent of technology today, there's no logical reason that space programs all over the planet haven't erected entire space cities for the advancement of various types of science. I don't understand how we have the money and resources for constant wars but can't manage to create thriving space communities where people from all walks of life can find exciting jobs for the betterment of mankind and advancement of the species.

There's no logical reason that people with master's degrees in engineering are being forced to work at McDonald's or digging ditches in Somalia, because there are no other jobs. Say what? We have the technology to do something about this.

Every nation can change the dire situations of their people if they'd just get their heads out of the "you're a different race/religion/skin color than me, so i'd rather buy a gun and shoot ya!" mindset. Screw that! Stop worrying about what i had for breakfast or didn't have or who my ancestors were or weren't, and start thinking about how we can get this species out of the mire that is threatening to drive us all into behaving like angry mobs of animals, killing each other over our differences.

I'm not suggesting we encroach on each other or force a new world order on each other, all I'm saying is nations the world over would benefit themselves and their people if they started thinking about UP a bit more instead of down in the grave or the gutter.

edit on 23-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The Elites Don't want the Standard of Living of the People in the World to Go Up.
That Can only mean one thing for the Elites.

No More Power

No more Control

No More Being Elite and ruling over the proles.

A good Comment from an ATS member today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The entire news community is bought and paid for. FACT.

There are groups of men who lend money to countries; these men rule the world. FACT.

False flag terror, lies, deception, and anything of that ilk has a pathology to it. The lack of transparency and truth is ALL YOU NEED to realize that there's something seriously wrong with whomever is presenting the story. FACT.

Anyone who doesn't look at things objectively is then, by nature, looking at things subjectively and therefore biased, and with an agenda. FACT.

No religion, No country, No race. Just one humanity.

Scarcity of Energy and Resources is how they maintain their domination over Society

And through the control of Information (MSM)

This is how they will slow our advance; because they wish to stay on top.

and don't want to lose their position of power.

edit on 23-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by undo

The Elites Don't want the Standard of Living of the People in the World to Go Up.

That Can only mean one thing for the Elites.

No More Power

No more Control

No More Being Elite and ruling over the proles.

i understand that this is the current view many take on the question. however, what i'm saying is: why or rather, why not? more science means more advancements for them as well. people with exciting jobs = happy citizens. the space programs have historically created lots of support industries which = jobs. people with jobs = happier citizens. happier people = happier leaders. what? do they want to be miserable too? that's the only place this kind of downward spiral will go.

it's not hard to see why people feel space programs are too expensive and outrageous when people are starving to death and homeless, but the more we focus on creating whole communities in space, the fewer people would be starving to death and homeless. it creates a positive chain reaction:

people get jobs.
people without jobs get education so they can get jobs.
once educated, they start taking responsibility for their procreative activities, which = slowing population growth.
almost all of the negatives we currently see all stem around lack of education, which in itself, lowers quality of life and at the same time, accelerates population growth.

space communities are the answer of the future. and nations all over the world should be busy right now working on just that

there are so many possible industries in space. o h m y g o s h.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree with your points and arguments

I just think that there are forces preventing the standard of living etc and space advancement etc stuff because there is too much money too gain and power control by the rich elite of this world.

We can see this is apparent too.

The Reality T.V shows in America and Westernized Society are now in Brainwashing mode to
Brainwash people to admire and aspire to the rich elite and celebrities of the westernized world.

It becomes more apparent every day.

I hope what you propose will come to fruition one day.
And humanity can Ascend and Transcend above all the madness Wars Death That Goes on.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by undo

I agree with your points and arguments

I just think that there are forces preventing the standard of living etc and space advancement etc stuff because there is too much money too gain and power control by the rich elite of this world.

We can see this is apparent too.

The Reality T.V shows in America and Westernized Society are now in Brainwashing mode to
Brainwash people to admire and aspire to the rich elite and celebrities of the westernized world.

It becomes more apparent every day.

I hope what you propose will come to fruition one day.
And humanity can Ascend and Transcend above all the madness Wars Death That Goes on.

i still don't think you understand what i'm saying. let's set the whole argument about who is rich and who is not, to one side for a moment. let's just focus on the thing that is driving all of this at the grass roots level. there's concern about the environment, the lack of food and water, the lack of sufficient technologies capable of providing sufficient medical care to keep people fed and healthy and all of this from a very two dimensional perspective.

THE GALAXY IS GINORMOUS! it's huge, as in, there's so much room out there, and so many planets and moons and stars and etc, there's simply no excuse to be squabbling at this point when our technology is at a state where we can change it all rapidly by not being so short sighted. we should all be looking up, not at each other. Something is wrong with this picture and i don't think it's because rich people are rich. It's something.....else.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

THE GALAXY IS GINORMOUS! it's huge, as in, there's so much room out there, and so many planets and moons and stars and etc, there's simply no excuse to be squabbling at this point when our technology is at a state where we can change it all rapidly by not being so short sighted. we should all be looking up, not at each other. Something is wrong with this picture and i don't think it's because rich people are rich. It's something.....else

That is true i agree yes with you on all this.

I'm just worried that the elites are preventing the advancement.

Perhaps not i'm just speculating

But i agree with our technology we can live on Earth with and off Earth There is room in the Universe for Everyone.

And Even on Earth i believe there is tons of room for Humans. There is more than 1 square kilometre on Earth for every person alone when compared to all the land area on Earth.

1 square kilometre per person is a lot.

And don't forget to account for how packed tightly cities are today.

The world has alot more room for humans than we think.

The Elites are just spewing propaganda and lies.

Although population control may have to come in effect(Birth Control)(1 Child policy) in the Far Future.

Or maybe we can surpass this restriction through our advanced technology i believe your ideas are able to achieve many great things as a human race.

link   

link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Your opinion disagrees with world stats, human development in western countries is on the up, been on the up for a long time.

If you were talking about a country like Zimbabwe, you'd be right, because the population actually does live in poverty, hyperinflation (although in recovery) and illness whilst the government enjoys a palatial lifestyle, rigging elections and keeping the general populace downtrodden.

So please, keep on going on about how you're being downtrodden held back by your government, whilst sitting in front of your computer typing on the internet, comfortable in your home with a healthy family, because it shows you have an extremely small minded view of the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So please, keep on going on about how you're being downtrodden held back by your government, whilst sitting in front of your computer typing on the internet, comfortable in your home with a healthy family, because it shows you have an extremely small minded view of the world.

I'm trying to refer to the 3rd world not the 1st world. China Africa MiddleEast Asia Slave Labour

You know what i mean.

Also this link you should read it some eye awakening facts about Americas Wealth Disparity.

And to Note : Since the Down Turn of the Economy

The U.S is only one of the countries suffering from this Economic Downturn.

I'm certain many other countries are experiencing the same.

Suppose you look at your own self on your downtrodden held back by your government; while sitting in front of your computer, typing on the internet.

maybe try to be a little more less hostile when replying about something so vehemently?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I did say I agree with what you say, providing it's about the 3rd world.

Sorry if I came in hard but I hear it all the time about western countries, and let's face it, it almost always come from the USA and they carry on about being down trodden by their governments and that they want them dead, they take so much for granted.

Yeah things aren't perfect, but they should go stand in the shoes of someone who actually is being down trodden.

edit on 23/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Your opinion disagrees with world stats, human development in western countries is on the up, been on the up for a long time.

If you were talking about a country like Zimbabwe, you'd be right, because the population actually does live in poverty, hyperinflation (although in recovery) and illness whilst the government enjoys a palatial lifestyle, rigging elections and keeping the general populace downtrodden.

east africa has been on my mind alot lately and is part of the inspiration for this idea. they need jobs. they need industry. they need advances for their society. they need to look up. we all do. it's proven that the better educated a society is, the more the population growth slows. this is primarily due to understanding the causal relationship between our activities impact on our families, our planet and our society. but people living in abject poverty can't even begin to entertain such notions. they're too busy just trying to survive. places in severe droughts like somalia and ethiopia, would benefit greatly from things like machines that turn water in the air into clean pure drinking water. why they don't have that tech there now, is beyond me since drought is a frequent problem in that part of the world. i mean the machines to do this on a scale sufficient to provide water for whole communities, are so big, there's no way drug lords could run off with them without everybody knowing it.

not only that people who aren't impoverished learn the benefit of laws, and law enforcement would protect the citizens from being victimized by the drug lords. this whole thing is all going right back to education and jobs. and the fact we are just not thinking....."three dimensionally." (to quote captain kirk)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sorry if I came in hard but I hear it all the time about western countries, and let's face it, it almost always come from the USA and they carry on about being down trodden by their governments and that they want them dead, they take so much for granted.

Yes i realise we take too much for granted just observe the link and the factoids in it. I'm certain many other countries and there people are going through hard times as well!

Probably much worse off than us in the 1st world i'd surmise.

www.prisonplanet.com... will-blow-your-mind.html

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

yeah it just seems like it's about time this whole thing got turned around and headed in a real positive direction. any time societies come together to advance the quality of life of their citizens, the whole society benefits. now i'm not talking communism, i'm just talking about people being caring, socially responsible individuals with a different viewpoint. it's time to quit looking down and start looking up. i know not everything is as easy as it sounds on paper, but it's been proven repeatedly, that positive reinforcement does ALOT more good than negative reinforcement and it doesn't just benefit the poorest, but the wealthiest as well. a wealthy group of leaders with citizens who have high quality of life, can have access to a pool of remarkable potential as well. but poor geniuses will never be found. the amount of lost potential is staggering.

the whole thing needs a rethink! it's up we need to look, not down. thank you and may the schwartz be with ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A space job would indeed be exciting
zero gravity and all that.
As a former technician, space has always fascinated me.
In the future , oh God I will probably be dead
before we go to Mars and beyond?
On a side note entirely but related, has anyone had sex in space?
I mean in zeroish gravity?
Does an orgasm feel different I ponder?
Or is just a lightweight experience?
I guess many jobs in space will be harder than here on Earth?
I certainly wouldn't want to be a barista.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
A space job would indeed be exciting
zero gravity and all that.
As a former technician, space has always fascinated me.
In the future , oh God I will probably be dead
before we go to Mars and beyond?
On a side note entirely but related, has anyone had sex in space?
I mean in zeroish gravity?
Does an orgasm feel different I ponder?
Or is just a lightweight experience?
I guess many jobs in space will be harder than here on Earth?
I certainly wouldn't want to be a barista.

Well i dunno if we'd find very many, if any, people on ats who have had sex in space,
but then ya never know.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There has been 216 different people who have been to the ISS, many of them women. Think of a human given the opportunity to have 'out of this world' sex and consider if one could suppress human nature to that degree.

join