It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision campaign in Africa reduces HIV infections 76%, study finds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Maybe it's because I come from a society that doesn't routinely carry out this practice, but I still don't see the problem.

My post was aimed at those who state that the removal of the foreskin causes a significant change in sexual experiences. My point is that it doesn't. I was sexually active before the procedure and was still sexually active after it with no significant difference in the experience.

I'm not here to justify or condemn the practice of circumcision as a baby. I am simply stating that one of the often cited reasons given by the anti-circumcision group (i.e. the reduction in sexual performance or sensation) is actually not really valid.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

I can say, from my point of view on this, that it is often the pro-circumcision crowd who claim it improves sex, often from a position where they couldn't possibly know, having been snipped as a child. What you have said works both ways and effectively puts to bed that side of both groups arguments.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yea, fair one mucker. This is my point. It is all subjective.

I'm very 'pro-choice' for want of a better expression. I understand that young children have no choice in the matter, but the same can be said of anything done to or for a baby. Should a parent be chastised for not breast feeding their child despite the clinical research that states the immunological benifits? Chould a parent be berated about the type of baby food the child gets despite the differences in nutritional contents? Parents make choices for their kids. It is part of the privilage and burden of parenthood.

A babies life is dictated by the choices of the parents. My point is that circumcision is just another lifestyle choice made by the parents that does not have a significant effect on the childs health or development apart from minor aesthetics which are completely subjective anyway.

Am I pro- baby circumcision? No. Neither am I against it. It's just another personal choice made by parents.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join