It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision campaign in Africa reduces HIV infections 76%, study finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
I absolutely LOVE my circumcision!!

You are rationalizing something that you had no control over.

You don't see normal men bragging about their non-mutilation, certainly not the way you see the victims brag about their mutilation.

Originally posted by Raelsatu
However, my opinion now is that I'm happy I was circumcised

You are also rationalizing the horrors that were committed against you.

You were mutilated and now you are pretending it is a good thing to be so mutilated, that your mutilation somehow made you happy - like a muslim woman without a clitoris who claims that its absence brings her joy.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If you are bringing God into it, your body is a temple. God made you perfect the way you are. Why remove what God gave you ?
Medicaid has stopped paying for circumcisions for newborns now, and I see this as a great thing. I am thinking there will be many more uncircumcised men in 20 years. If they want to go under the knife then, fine, but don't do it to babies.
I'm not buying the aids study, and you do know the Bible has been changed to fit agendas over the centuries, right? Probably the same with these studies.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I don't brag about my circumcision, but I say that I'm happy with it. It's not like I suffer from any phycological/physical side effects. I'm fine with it, the women are more than fine with it. You're qualm with it is the mere act done whilst a person is at their most vulnerable (childhood). I understand your point of view, but it doesn't change the way I feel about my circumsion. What's this about a Muslim woman having her clitoris severed? I don't think you can compare the two.

For a girl who has undergone any of the type’s of female circumcision, her sex life will never be the same. Her genitals are modified in a way where she will be lucky to have feeling at all let alone the ability to have a clitoral orgasm, and that is only in type I cases where the clitoris may only be split, although in most cases, it is completely removed.
There is a difference. The reasons behind them are all driven by cultural and ethnic opinions and practices. I personally would vote that neither be practiced but individuals be educated about hygiene and anatomy. But if I were told tomorrow I had the power to make 1 go away completely from the Earth, I would vote for female circumcision to end completely as it is beyond a slight modification for cleanliness – these girls can die more often than not from this procedure.

edit on 23-7-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I understand your point of view, but it doesn't change the way I feel about my circumsion.

You are rationalizing. It is how you cope with the horrible thing that has happened to you which you had no control over.

You also don't want to suffer alone and also want more children to be circumcised.

This is how it works - how the cycle of abuse is perpetuated.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Alright, I'm rationalizing I suppose. I'm not completly aware of my own psyche, and I don't know why I'm perfectly ok with my circumcision. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't remember the procedure, don't remember any pain, and as far as my concious mind can interpet there's no psychological/physiological trauma that affects me to this day. I like my cock, women like it. What more is there?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Exactly how I feel about my uncircumsised penis. It should be down to personal choice really. There is no right and wrong answer, and either way, they are just penis. Provided they are kept clean and they do what they are meant to do....who really cares? If women dont like an uncircumised man, then there are plenty of others out there that dont care.

And as I mentioned, Ive never had a complaint

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yea that's really the way I see it. If I was not circumcised and grew up that way I would probably feel just the same, and be happy with the way I am. Sometimes it is compared to female circumcision, but it's not comparable because that more than not results in the woman being unable to have orgasm, any pleasurable feeling, and other problems. My penis still functions perfect and I can orgasm so I don't feel any regrets. Of course this subject will always remain highly controversial, and some will be completely against it, saying it should become criminal. I don't think it should be criminal as long as the procedures are done by qualified doctors in sanitary environments and with the proper anesthetics. Then again, there may be some men who come to adulthood and wish they could have back their foreskin (not sure who would), so I can see that as the only real [potential] issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Oh yeah, that's rich. We are not pretending to not aving been mutilated. We are happy with the medical procedure we have underwent. IMO, this shouldn't even be an issue that the "non-mutilated" should even diffend. I never heard of a man being ashamed of or resented the fact that he was circumcisized. I'm certainly not cumplaining. In fact when ever the subject arose they seemed very much content. But as far as adult circumcision goes...If you don't need to have it done...don't do it...ooouch!!! Just thinking about it ...sheeeesh!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
I'm certainly not complaining.

You are rationalizing.

You pretend to like the horrible thing that happened to you. You claim you don't mind having been mutilated when you were a helpless child.

It is how you cope.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Out of the mouths of babes; no offence. The proof is in the puding boys...no pu....yeah, pun intended. Again, I never heard of a women turning down a circumcized penis. I'm not saying that there isn't any. I'm just saying they are few and far between. Like someone else said it should be left to personal opignon.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Jeeeez, you're such a troll it's rediculous. You don't have a leg to stand on (now that's a pun) so you copy and paste instead of contributing to the conversation. Nice...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
leave childrens winkles alone you wronguns...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Jeeeez, you're such a troll it's rediculous.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Defending children's right to their own genitals and combating Stockholm-afflicted circumcision victims is not trolling.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
www.drmomma.org...

The face on that baby alone shows the trauma

www.drmomma.org...

I'm due to have a baby boy in September. No way I will subjecting him to torture.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
What absolute rubbish

There is no link between circumcision and any sexually transitted or any other venereal condiitons. Obviously the statistics are simply, botched and part of some agenda. The fact is, you trade bodily fluids with someone who has HIV, you are likely to get the condition.

the inner mucosal surface of the foreskin is not keratinised[15] and is rich in Langerhans' cells[10], making it particularly susceptible to the virus. This is particularly important because during heterosexual intercourse the foreskin is pulled back down the shaft of the penis, and the whole inner surface of the foreskin is exposed to vaginal secretions, providing a large area where HIV transmission could take place.
How does male circumcision prevent HIV?

Are you aware of this perspective?

Sri Oracle
edit on 24-7-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So in that case, America should have a very low count of HIV cases since a lot there are circumcised lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is a disgusting subject, but what does this say about HIV?

If you weren't lucky enough to be circumcised as a baby, you should head to the doctor.

The men in Africa are smart enough to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I can't tell if you were being serious there.

Were you?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am going to defend children's rights from having a nipple of a woman's breast forcefully inserted into their mouth.

It is sexual assault.

It can wait until it's old enough to make a reasonable choice if it wants a breast in its mouth or not.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I understand your point of view, but it doesn't change the way I feel about my circumsion.

You are rationalizing. It is how you cope with the horrible thing that has happened to you which you had no control over.

You also don't want to suffer alone and also want more children to be circumcised.

This is how it works - how the cycle of abuse is perpetuated.

It is biologically impossible for a newborn's brain to remember the circumcision, even sub-consciously.

Quit playing psychologist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join