It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YMCA Raggers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the YMCA raggers. I just recently became one and wanted to know more about it. It really isn't very big but i was wondering if anyone could lead me to any details about it I would be greatly appreciatice.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatone46
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the YMCA raggers. I just recently became one and wanted to know more about it. It really isn't very big but i was wondering if anyone could lead me to any details about it I would be greatly appreciatice.

You recently became part of a "club" or "organization" and you don't know what it is ?

I've never heard of it ....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
found this about "raggers"

www.csulb.edu...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You could always go to Chili's Grill & Bar and ask the rest of 'em.

ymcarag.meetup.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's funny how YMCA's were originally used as a place for Gays to meet and sleep with eachother like a bath house.

Everyone sing with me...Yyyyy, M. C. A!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh, and this isn't a knock on Gay people. My brother is Gay which is how I know.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well its a club so to speak and its a right of passage.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSluvDroid
It's funny how YMCA's were originally used as a place for Gays to meet and sleep with eachother like a bath house.Everyone sing with me...Yyyyy, M. C. A!

what are you basing this statement on ? A song ?

You are way off base about the YMCA and it's origins. Try a google search and you might be surprised about what the YMCA really is.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Collectively, YMCAs are the largest not-for-profit community service organizations in America, serving 18.3 million people of all faiths, races, ages and incomes. YMCAs are at the heart of community life in neighborhoods and towns across the nation. With their longtime emphasis on values, YMCAs are well positioned as leaders in building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. YMCAs work to teach and demonstrate on a daily basis the four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. These values are evident in every YMCA program, whether a teen club, a pick-up basketball game, an after school program, or an older adult volunteer activity.

here is a good history of the YMCA :

www.ymca.net...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Collectively, YMCAs are the largest not-for-profit community service organizations in America, serving 18.3 million people of all faiths, races, ages and incomes.

zOMG! So much power! The YMCA must control the world! They're vandalising my toilet.

Sorry, joking. I have only the greatest respect for the YMCA, and think that they only do good in the world. I just wanted to show how absurd this anti-Masonry stuff sounds when applied to a different party.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is an idea. Read my entire post then respond.

It's pretty common knowledge that back in the early 70's and around that time gay men would meet at YMCA's to sleep with eachother and utilize what are called T-hols (holes in stall walls used for oral sex anonymously) etc so as to avoid being arrested in public parks.

Do I really need to look this # up on the web and prove it to you?

As I said before, my brother is gay and knows the gay culture, well, inside and out. lol

The song YMCA was actually quite funny because these T-hole rooms and such are what they were singing about. Now, after al this time years later, corporate parties and hetero teenagers sing this song together at their events.

So funny.

Ano no, I have nothing at all against the YMCA. I took Karate there as a kid where my instructor punched me in the nose due to lack of control. lol

[edit on 16-8-2004 by ATSluvDroid]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSluvDroid
Here is an idea. Read my entire post then respond.

It's pretty common knowledge that back in the early 70's and around that time gay men would meet at YMCA's to sleep with eachother and utilize what are called T-hols (holes in stall walls used for oral sex anonymously) etc so as to avoid being arrested in public parks.

Do I really need to look this # up on the web and prove it to you?

As I said before, my brother is gay and knows the gay culture, well, inside and out. lol

Ano no, I have nothing at all against the YMCA. I took Karate there as a kid where my instructor punched me in the nose due to lack of control. lol

[edit on 16-8-2004 by ATSluvDroid]

Yes, look it up and prove it !!

By the way, you say it's common knowledge, so if it is, would it be fair that at least one person out of 10 would know about it ?

I just asked 10 people in my office if they had ever heard of the YMCA being known for that and NOT ONE answered yes.

Yeah, it's pretty common knowledge I guess...

so, you looking up your proof yet ?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
sarcasm on

Yeah, I can see cleary how the song the YMCA was about homosexuals and "t-holes"...

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new townthere's no need to be unhappy.
Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find Many ways to have a good time.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...You can get yourself cleaned, ou can have a good meal,You can do whatever you feel ...
Young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
But you got to know this one thing!No man does it all by himself.
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
I'm sure they can help you today.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
You can hang out with all the boys ...
You can get yourself cleaned,
you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...Young man,
I was once in your shoes.I said,
I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so tight ...
That's when someone came up to me,
And said, young man, take a walk up the street.
There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
They can start you back on your way.
You can hang out with all the boys ...Y-m-c-a ...
you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.Y-m-c-a ...
you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.Young man, young man,
there's no need to feel down.Young man,
young man, get yourself off the ground.Y-m-c-a ...
just go to the y-m-c-a.Young man, young man, are you listening to me?Young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

Yes, clearly a song inviting homosexuals to the YMCA "for a good time".

sarcasm off

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
U know folks i think this has gotten a little of topic

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatone46
U know folks i think this has gotten a little of topic

Uhmm...yep. greatone46, you're right.

Then again, I'm not convinced that it ever was on topic since this is a "secret societies" area...and there's nothing secret about the YMCA that I know of.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And I apologize for that as well as somewhat agreeing with part of what ATSluvDroid was saying... but IMHO the Village People were purposefully giving the very impression ATSluvDroid got from the song.

I'm not saying it's true at all. Nothing against the YMCA whatsoever (plus that wasn't the name of the infamous "hole" but I'll let you fine researchers figure that one out on your own.) But that misdirection tongue in cheek stuff was kind of their thing. Plays on words... You know? It was campy disco.

Songs like In the Navy and Macho Man... you feeling me?

The songs weren't about what they were about at all. The word "innuendo" comes to mind.

If you see the Village People movie Cant Stop the Music this becomes more clear.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The YMCA Raggers Society is NOT a secret organization - just an open club devoted to living as Christ would have us live. Here's the creed for the club, based on Christian principles:

Ragger's Creed

I would be true for there are those who trust me.
I would be pure for there are those who care.
I would be strong for there is much to suffer.
I would be brave for there is much to dare.
I would be friend to all the foe-the friendless.
I would be giving and forget he gift.
I would be humble for I know my weakness.
I would look up - and laugh - and love - and lift.

Read more here:
www.yclub.org...

I'm a member (silver rag) and I don't like secret clubs. The openness was refreshing to this young man dealing with an abusive alcoholic father.

Edward

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Oops. Removed post.

I just realized this is an ancient thread that was "dug up"

Heck, I've even posted in it before.

Apologies.

It's early. I haven't had my coffee.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by senrak]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Wow.... I remember this thread. That was a long time ago.

Thanks for the info on "The Raggers".

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
YMCA raggers program is a goal setting program where kids set goals as high or as low as they want and they move up in rank in accordance to their years and expierance in the program. this is my 3-4th year in it and im only 15

new topics

top topics

join