It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS’s reaction to the Oslo situation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I find this board’s reaction most interesting.

People are quick to label him a psychopath, or an insane nut job. Even though his writings don’t really indicate any mental deficiency.
I know why.
People are afraid…..

People like to paint an air of normalcy around their life. They want to believe the world they live in is perfectly OK and that tomorrow will be like yesterday. Just call it risk avoidance. To admit that things are deteriorating to that point means that something has to be done. That entails risk.

When someone does something like he did, they want to try to explain it away as something that was wrong with the person that did the crime. It allows them to avoid looking at the rest of the world around them.

The very idea that ongoing societal pressures could push a perfectly level headed man to do the things he did, scares them to the core. To think that the world is deteriorating to the point that the people at large just can’t take it any more. That is a place where they do not dare to tread.

People say that his reaction to the political problem was unacceptable…… insane even.. What people classify as an acceptable response is relative. There is no dividing line. Everyone’s classification will be different. They fall in what can be called a bell curve. To one side, everyone except a few classify the person’s response as unacceptable. To the other side, everyone but just a few classify his response as acceptable. Right in the middle, half are with you, and half are against you. Go to the side of that center point and the fraction will shift appropriately. The demarcation points of the bell curve will shift depending on the perceived actions of the person or group that the person is reacting to.

To some, a person that shoots and kills an unarmed person that bust into their house in the middle of the night is a psychopath.

To someone else, the person was perfectly justified. He has a right to defend himself. Just because he can’t see a weapon, doesn’t mean that they are do not have one that they could use on you if they get the chance.

In regard to the Norway shooter. To most, his actions are insane. But the thing that people on this board do not want to come to grips with is that there is a good portion of perfectly sane people that consider this a logical response. They may not agree with it, but they fully understand the logic behind such actions. They have seen it coming from a mile away. Societal pressured have pushed the bell curve up to the point that this type of response falls inside the lip of the bell.

People are afraid of that because that is when the SHTF! When people take maters into their own hands.

That is what I find ironic about this board. People spend all day talking about preparing for the SHTF event, yet, when the tell tale signs show up that such an event is coming, then they want to stick their head into the sand and sing kumbaya.

As societal pressure progress, you will push deeper into the mass of the bell curve. More and more people will take it to themselves to do something about it. Fewer will call those people insane. Sooner or later, you hit a tipping point where all hell will break loose, and the masses will take to arms and carnage will issue.

People here like to talk about it, but they do their best to ignore real signs of such changes taking place.

It reminds me of the people that call themselves loners, but they come here to find people to talk to, to share their experiences with. They are in denial. Nothing more, nothing less.

The severity of the Norway situation will become clear with time. If we see more anti government actions as time passes, then we will know that it is reaching the final stages of open rebellion.

This same thing is building within the rest of Europe. It is only a mater of time before we start seeing more stuff like this across the landscape.

And the most ironic thing of all. If such events come to pass, the people that hang around ATS will be some among those that are the least able to deal with the enormity of such a situation. Even though they have preached about such stuff for years.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm confused as to how murdering a bunch of kids in cold blood is a "logical response."

A logical response to what exactly?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't even know the truth, no one ever does in these situations.

Even the criminals hardly know half the time, hence chaos theory.

Anything could be possible, I am open to any speculation.

But I do find the tone of the discussion very emotional based and belligerent rather than rational and calm.

What I really would like for people to understand is that war is our reality in life today. Even if it's some crazy guy's personal war against all of us, or a covert war between political powers in the world. Either way you slice it, the fact of the matter is we are living in a chaotic world full of angry people painted with deception, intrigue, and malevolence.

But don't lose hope, because the majority of people actually wish for good. Our hearts are not as impure as our actions may make them seem. We are young and ignorant, and make many mistakes. We throw tantrums like babies and make totally irrational decisions. We hate each other for reasons that make little sense far too often.

How is it said? The road to hell is paved with good intentions?
Can't say it any better than that. It's what I believe is actually the ground state of reality going on.

ATS's reaction is the human reaction. The global network of computers, the Internet.

Please do not feel my comments as callous or cold, for they are not. We live in a world at war with itself, this is how things are. Until humans seek to change our attitudes and grow up as a species and get our act together, this is going to keep happening and it will get worse.

It doesn't matter who is behind it, it could be anything and it is all still merely a symptom of the same disease. If we focused on the disease we could potentially reduce this type of scenario from actually unfolding.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

In regard to the Norway shooter. To most, his actions are insane. But the thing that people on this board do not want to come to grips with is that there is a good portion of perfectly sane people that consider this a logical response. They may not agree with it, but they fully understand the logic behind such actions. They have seen it coming from a mile away. Societal pressured have pushed the bell curve up to the point that this type of response falls inside the lip of the bell.

Insane: In a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

Obviously his behavior and social interaction was far from normal, so yes, he is clearly insane by definition. If I understand your take, it is that society is pushing more and more people in this direction. I can't say I agree with you though, people have a pretty high tolerance for the crap the world throws at them and manage to hold themselves together without resorting to murdering children and blowing buildings up.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

To create as many new threads on the one topic as humanly possible?
Yeah, its a bit strange.

edit on 23-7-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
the reaction is predictable, and rather boring and sad to me. the conspiracy enthusiasts see jewish bankers and freemason satanists. the politico's see right wing danger. the truthers declare a false flag. obama will get dragged into this by weeks end

I know this is ATS, but lets give it a week before we go all manifesto on everything

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Personally I believe this "Incident" is a conspiracy to halt the right-wing movement in Europe. The "right-wing" movement is bigger than an anti-Islam agenda, it is an anti-establisment agenda. And the NWO can't have that.

I mean why would a anti-muslim-racist (blah blah blah) kill a bunch of white kids at a festival? because if he had killed Muslims they would have rose up, where as we just scream and cry for the establisment to "protect us".

Its a very strange affair.

ALS

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I'm confused as to how murdering a bunch of kids in cold blood is a "logical response."

We live in an illogical world where greed is the highest value of society.

I would characterize the majority of our decisions as humans as illogical, including freaking out and killing each other. I am the type that prefers Diplomacy and leading others to prosperity rather than Destruction and trying to control everyone.

That is why Greed is so dangerous, because it is a function of the equation. When you plug it into the equation everything gets really screwed up.

You can just calculate this stuff and it's extremely accurate at determining the outcome of the situation.

There is a book you may wanna check out, it's really good.

Predictable Irrationality - Amazon "The hidden forces that shape our decisions."

The author is named Dan Ariely, he is a MIT professor of "Behavioral Economics" and a researcher at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and visits Duke Univ.

It's a fascinating book and although my post is only loosely related, the revelations I discovered in that book have informed me of how predictable our society really is in general terms. It is safe to say we humans will in general act irrational, and will make the same mistakes over and over.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Some neo-nazi went mental and pwnd a lot of people in frustration against his governments lax attitudes towards brown people. I dont see what the big mystery is. The guy was a nutjob.

My only beef is how he managed to get a high score of 85 or more.

ANY random shooting, be it a school, university or random public place, a gunman always struggles to get such numbers. What the hell was this guy armd with and how was he so proficiently traind in firearms to achieve what he did.

Also the fact apparently he got on a boat with a lot of people dressed as a policeman saying he was responding to an emergency threat after the car bomb. Hes either working with people, OR he knows how to build sophisticated remote detonation devices.

AND, he somehow got his hands on a convincing Norwegian policeman uniform, this wont be some # from a joke and costume shop, it will have to have been of sufficiently high enough quality to fool people, thats a hard thing to get your hands on unless its custom made. Bearing in mind he is also apparently armed to the teeth while surrounded by other people.

Neo Nazi's are pretty well organized in Europe, very well funded with a lot of political resources, chances are he was working for somebody who was hired by someone else to carry out what he did. But who knows, no one will never find out for sure. But he was taken alive so dont be surprised if he is murderd between now and his court trial, as any public statement he gives would be worth something, if he gets the chance.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Who would not pass up the opportunity to put an end to the life of a little newborn Adolf Hitler as he slept in his crib?

A person’s concept of what is acceptable, depends totally on their understanding of the world around them.

To him, the people at the youth camp are nothing but a bunch of little budding Adolf Hitlers.

That view is shared by a sizable group of people in Norway.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can see the bombing as a way to get the attention of the government and the followup shooting another slap in the face of the politicians in Norway. Wasn't the camp an indoctrination camp run and sponsored by the liberals in the government. Were they children of government members?

It's a far out thought but maybe the shooter was trying to save the children from growing up liberal.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While it's deplorable that so many innocent young children have died because 1 person believed them to be going down a path that he was very uncomfortable with, I can't judge him. I'm not in Norway, I don't know what the political and societal environments are like and I don't know what pushed him over the edge.

This is a very slippery slope.

I'm not saying that anything can justify what happened, because in my mind there isn't. But just because there was a justification in his mind, that doesn't make him crazy. People need to step out of their own realities long enough to put themselves in someone else's shoes in order to effectively judge them. If they don't, they simply don't know what they're talking about.

Picture yourself living his life in the country that he was living in. Do it objectively and without prejudice. If you can. Then, and only then, can you judge the man IMO. For example, I've lived in the ghettos of Chicago and Phoenix long enough to form an educated opinion that the adults in those areas that do drugs, commit crimes and live off welfare should not be allowed to breed. I see no logic whatsoever in continuing, generation after generation, to make taxpayers pay to keep people alive via food stamps and welfare checks when these people have no desire to better themselves and teach their children that the easy way out is the only way out.

People who have not been in my position will call me callous and unfeeling because I don't want to give these poor, underprivileged people a chance. They have not seen the redundancy and counter-productivity of this way of life so they don't understand what they're talking about. Likewise, none of you know anything about the shooter so, really, you are in no position to claim why he did it or what his mental state was when he did.

Let the facts become clear people. Stop rushing to judgement because everyone is and you want to "fit in".

It's not behavior fitting of a good conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Who would not pass up the opportunity to put an end to the life of a little newborn Adolf Hitler as he slept in his crib?

A person’s concept of what is acceptable, depends totally on their understanding of the world around them.

To him, the people at the youth camp are nothing but a bunch of little budding Adolf Hitlers.

That view is shared by a sizable group of people in Norway.

the irony here is the shooter was described as "hitler before the war" by someone who knew him, presumably speaking about his anti-muslim ideas

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

People are quick to label him a psychopath,,,

The very idea that ongoing societal pressures could push a perfectly level headed man to do the things he did, scares them to the core.

To most, his actions are insane. But the thing that people on this board do not want to come to grips with is that there is a good portion of perfectly sane people that consider this a logical response. They may not agree with it, but they fully understand the logic behind such actions.

People are afraid of that because that is when the SHTF! When people take maters into their own hands.

That is what I find ironic about this board. People spend all day talking about preparing for the SHTF event, yet, when the tell tale signs show up that such an event is coming, then they want to stick their head into the sand and sing kumbaya.

When governments declare war they consider that action a rational course. Throughout history many wars have been started with less justificationan and on a grander scale. His actions, whether alone or as a conspiracy, are completely unacceptable by anyone's standards. However, when governments take these initiatives the people join in and sing Kumbaya for their cause undertaken.

In war civilians are generally off-limits.

My sympathies to the people of Norway.

edit on 23-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
In war civilians are generally off-limits.

Don’t look at his actions through your world view. Look at his actions through his world view.

If the people in that camp are going to be the next generation of politicians that will be instrumental in the destruction of your country. Then they can not be classified as innocent civilians.

In his world view, he was not killing innocent civilians.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yeah because sane people gun down children. Ridiculous. This stuff belongs in the rubbish bin.

new topics

top topics

join