It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is the first time I've ever seen two young children arguing over something that is essentially meaningless to both of them. I have NEVER seen a child cry or scream during an argument with another child.

I bet neither of them will forget about it anytime soon and will probably be traumatized for the rest of their lives toward the opposite sex.

This is by far the most devastating thing I've ever seen in the arena of parenting. I know when I was a child and a girl asked me to marry her, I sat her down and went over logistics and finances in a rational manner, while making time to fully evaluate our romantic compatibility as well.

What. A. Shame.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I stand by the fact that this should have been stopped at the 0:24 - 0:27 mark but DEFINITELY AT THE 0:50. IT JUST GETS DISTURBING FROM THERE.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Yes well my solution to this problem since I was young is very easy. The woman gets to say if any relationship happens. I say nothing but I am always a good friend. Society is far too designed so that a guy just asks and then the girl just hops on board without thinking. The only method is the opposite. Friends until she says otherwise. If a person cannot even make the attempt to make the decision herself, then really there is a serious problem with decision making abilities and the idea of "self" and it's certainly good nothing ever happened. Unless she has the ability to decide and be herself, I really do not want to be with some "yes girl" who just follows you around and has no brain.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

When I was about three or four I was teased into thinking I was going to marry my neighbor, she was older than me by a few years. It was something the kids in the neighborhood and my older sister teased me about and eventually I just gave up going against it and was just admitted I was going to marry her. No trauma resulted from this "forced marriage", and yes there's footage of them coercing me into saying I'm going to marry her amongst old home movies somewhere. They're kids. Ever hear them sing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song that ends with a baby in a baby carriage? Point is this isn't a big deal.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

What a shameful way to get a star (which can not be revoked like a flag) by capitalizing off of the people who sign "i agree" without reading the fine print. I did not give you a star (because i read your whole post first) but i understand your motives.
or
hey,

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Yes well my solution to this problem since I was young is very easy. The woman gets to say if any relationship happens. I say nothing but I am always a good friend. Society is far too designed so that a guy just asks and then the girl just hops on board without thinking. The only method is the opposite. Friends until she says otherwise. If a person cannot even make the attempt to make the decision herself, then really there is a serious problem with decision making abilities and the idea of "self" and it's certainly good nothing ever happened. Unless she has the ability to decide and be herself, I really do not want to be with some "yes girl" who just follows you around and has no brain.

Wrong video bub, you were talking about this five (5) year old

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

When I was about three or four I was teased into thinking I was going to marry my neighbor, she was older than me by a few years. It was something the kids in the neighborhood and my older sister teased me about and eventually I just gave up going against it and was just admitted I was going to marry her. No trauma resulted from this "forced marriage", and yes there's footage of them coercing me into saying I'm going to marry her amongst old home movies somewhere. They're kids. Ever hear them sing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song that ends with a baby in a baby carriage? Point is this isn't a big deal.

Sorry to say but "Point Is" the fact that you and everyone else who contributed a life story REMEMBER what happened to you long ago. I would expect that as i do not believe there are many "dysfunctional" individuals on ATS.

The "dysfunctional" have no voice here so i speak for them.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If my daughter acted like that, their would be some serious issues between my ex and myself. Torment is torment whether its scares or not. That mother was encouraging that girl to torment her son for the sake of a video clip for youtube. "yea, but she was just kidding around" and I ask "how does she treat her son the other 23.9 hours of the day" I dare say this mother really doesn't think of her son as a person but a piece of property.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

The "dysfunctional" have no voice here so i speak for them.

Hi. Welcome to ATS, where we're all a bunch of crazy, depressed, p-oed, paranoid, gun-toting, survivalist, conspiracy theorists who all think that something huge is going to happen on some arbitrary date that keeps on changing because none of us actually know what's going to happen in the future, assuming that ANYTHING happens at all.

Yeah, ATS is SUPER-functional.

Okay, so we're not all nuts, and if those of us who are "crazy" end up being right, where does that leave the "sane" crowd?

All joking aside though, do you have kids? Because I don't, but even I know that most parents like to film their kids arguing over stupid stuff every once in a while. Heck, there's home videos of me throwing toys at my sister, and we both turned out ok. At least, she did. I, on the other hand, am a crazy nut-job on ATS.

edit on 23-7-2011 by T3hEn1337ened because: quoting problems

edit on 23-7-2011 by T3hEn1337ened because: more quoting problems

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by T3hEn1337ened

All joking aside though, do you have kids? Because I don't, but even I know that most parents like to film their kids arguing over stupid stuff every once in a while. Heck, there's home videos of me throwing toys at my sister, and we both turned out ok. At least, she did. I, on the other hand, am a crazy nut-job on ATS.

This is NOT brother and sister, I have said this MANY times.

The boy and the camera woman are mother and child.

The little girl is a guest.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You know, I don't blame Owen for not wanting to marry Christina. She is far too domineering and bossy. He needs to be a man and tell her he doesn't love her, period. I mean, why is he bawling like a baby and screaming? Why doesn't he he say, "Christina, I don't love you....you are a wretched, horrible woman and I'm not even remotely attracted to you. Your personality is ugly and, therefore, you are ugly. How can you expect me to want to make love to you if I'm not attracted to you?" But no, he screams and screams like a little kid.

He could have told her something like this:

"Do you remember me offering you an engagement ring? I don't. So why don't you just get on your broom and fly to some other locale and force your nasty personality on some other sucker. And bring some witches brew to slip the guy. You're gonna need it if you ever want to get a proposal from anything other than an ogre."

But NOOOOOOO, he cries like a little six-year-old wussy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
What is "funny" about this video is how grown the children are acting. Young children "acting" grown is not funny at all.

What cave did you just come from? Kids play grownup all the time. House, Teacher, Cops and Robbers, etc. Watch a little girl with her barbie dolls some time and listen to the crazy things she will say. You will quickly learn that TV has a far greater influence on such simple things than many think and 4 year old kids do know parents get married and do laundry and drive places and they want to emulate that when they play. What is the issue?

If these children were adults this video would not be "funny" at all, it would most likely end with the police being called to the house. Did you actually listen to the rhetoric??

If these children were adults, the video would have a whole new meaning and the conversation would then be a bit disturbing as I would assume they were mentally challeneged adults. Luckily, they are not adults. They are kids. If those kids had been cooking and eating their family, that could have been bad too. Luckily that is not happening either.

Anything else that the video is NOT that you would like to take time to get upset about the chance that it was?

This conversation could be acted out by adults and be believable. Adults could not believably act out being mad because they thought they were a tortoise unless they were mentally challenged.

In the video, those are actually kids acting like kids. If they had been adults, it would be a different video. Why are you obsessed with if it had been adults? Babies crap themselves often. If they were adults, that would be a problem. They are not adults.

This subject and conversation is too grown for these children and very much believable.

Ever spent any time around any children at all?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
You know, I don't blame Owen for not wanting to marry Christina. She is far too domineering and bossy. He needs to be a man and tell her he doesn't love her, period. I mean, why is he bawling like a baby and screaming? Why doesn't he he say, "Christina, I don't love you....you are a wretched, horrible woman and I'm not even remotely attracted to you. Your personality is ugly and, therefore, you are ugly. How can you expect me to want to make love to you if I'm not attracted to you?" But no, he screams and screams like a little kid.

He could have told her something like this:

"Do you remember me offering you an engagement ring? I don't. So why don't you just get on your broom and fly to some other locale and force your nasty personality on some other sucker. And bring some witches brew to slip the guy. You're gonna need it if you ever want to get a proposal from anything other than an ogre."

But NOOOOOOO, he cries like a little six-year-old wussy.

i suggest you read number 4 and number 5 of the original post. come back and reply then.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Each parent has their own style of parenting. The methods vary, and no two parents are the exact same. That being said, I can only give my opinion on how I would have handled it, and why.

I wouldn't have taken the role of the silent observer in this instance if I were the parent. To do so introduces an element of instability, whereas the girl feels that she can continue without repercussions. She (the girl) was deliberately upsetting the boy, which is wrong. At that age a child most likely does not know the true reasons of why they do something, they follow their instinct. When it is shown that yelling at a boy and upsetting him are acceptable behaviours, that instinct may become corrupted. In future circumstances this may lead to a negative way of dealing with things.

My role as a parent (I am not at the moment, so therefore my view will probably change when I do become one) is to teach my children how to behave in a manner that is does not harm or infringe on others. How they go about that is up to them, but those core principles must be adhered to while they are in my care. Yelling at each other and allowing another child to torment my own is unacceptable behaviour.

Thirdly, there is the matter of the supposed mother laughing at the situation. Perhaps it is in amusement, simple irony, who knows. The fact of the matter is that such a response should be secondary, the first response being to deal with the situation quickly and effectively. I don't know about everyone else, but I take parenting extremely seriously. Whatever I do and the manner in which I conduct my actions will and does have an enormous impact on my children. Once I act in a way that is lenient to inappropriate behaviour the standard is set for the children. How often does one say that they will do something and then not do it? If I am a parent, I must make it my utmost responsibility to act as I would in every situation, without deviation. When the child grows enough to recognize what they have to / should do and act on it solely through knowing it is the right course of action, then the guidelines can be loosened.

What I saw was not how I would parent, but that is me. Is the mother wrong to act as she did? I am not qualified enough to make that assumption.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What a shameful way to get a star (which can not be revoked like a flag) by capitalizing off of the people who sign "i agree" without reading the fine print.

How DARE! Suggesting my star for Whitl103 has shameful origins! The star was given to a post that had the purest form of sarcastic content ever witnessed on ATS. I shant take it back.....I SHANT!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Dude, you sound like someone who is seeking attention on this site. You also sound like someone who has nothing better to do on here except bring up useless arguments.

For one, you don't have a psych phD and you aren't even Dr. Phil....so how would you know this is "bad" for the kids??? Each response you come up with is not backed up by scientific facts/studies and other research to validate your "claims".

I don't see "force" brought unto him marrying her. What I do see is an adult mother "toying" with the idea that the two should be married and to video record their reactions to see what transpires from the debate (while egging them on).

The fact that an adult male made a comment like "what's the problem" signifies that this "forced marriage" argument between the two kids was getting a bit heated and wanted to see if any actual PHYSICAL FORCE was being applied on the kids (hence the screaming/crying and yelling from the boy and girl)

Obviously once he realized that no one was PHYSICALLY hurt, he probably thought the lady video recording was crazy and left the room immediately.

I personally laughed at the video....and then I got annoyed and stopped watching it after the 2 min mark. I thought it was just a video made of what low income or low IQ families do to entertain themselves. But that could be a biased opinion and I could be wrong. Just my two cents on that.

Final note to OP - find a better topic/thread to start and move on.

MODERATORS....PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

'nuff said. I'm done.

Edit: What would have made this thread 'disturbing' is if that girl in the video was the boy's SISTER. Then I would be VERY CONCERNED.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Uh, I know, I didn't say it was...

My point is that kids "torture" each other, for lack of a better word. It's part of how they learn to socialize and get along. Kids also emulate adults. Once again, it's part of growing up. They argue about getting married, pretend to get married, play house, etc. It's a learning process.

Like I said at the bottom of page 8, if you don't have children, maybe you just don't realize that this is normal. Sure, the mom's teasing her kid a bit, but her kid is over-reacting. Like I also said at the bottom of page 8, there are much worse parents out there.

This isn't some kind of weird marriage indoctrination cult video, and it's nothing that's going to scar either of these children for more than the next five minutes.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
lol you seriously wrote an essay about this youtube video? All it is that the lady in the video trolling the little boy for lulz. My sisters actually did the same thing to me once.... and I'm not traumatized by it. Talk about overreacting. It may be immature of the adult but it surely isn't gonna give the kid PTSD.

How old are you now and how old were you when that happened to you

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Zzzz, lighten up for christ sake. This kid won't even remember this incident in a week, you act like hes going to be lifelong scarred cause his mom egged on some cute little girl who said shes gonna marry him while probably not even understanding fully what it means. If anything if this kid ever remembers this later on itll give him a nice confidence boost, I know I sure as hell haven't had a girl so determined to marry me lol. Ya it was a little mean of the mom to egg the girl on that long but seriously its not a big deal, parents have to have a little fun once in a while too, itll make the kid tougher without doing any real harm.

Seriously, I can't believe you wasted all that time typing that huge rant up about a silly harmless video. Political correctness white knights are really just a detrimental distraction, theres actually real issues in the world worthy of debate and crusading against/for, why waste time on something so silly.
edit on 24-7-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

When I was about three or four I was teased into thinking I was going to marry my neighbor, she was older than me by a few years. It was something the kids in the neighborhood and my older sister teased me about and eventually I just gave up going against it and was just admitted I was going to marry her. No trauma resulted from this "forced marriage", and yes there's footage of them coercing me into saying I'm going to marry her amongst old home movies somewhere.

Titen-Sxull, are you currently married? Because if so, you have just outed yourself as a POLYGAMIST, Sir!!

And there is PROOF because, by your own admission, you said there is videotaped footage depicting your first (coerced) marriage!

ATS, I think we've got a scandal here involving Titen that is worthy of investigation in it's own thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join