It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread hit 18 pages (thanks to me
). The only crime in the OP video was that it was recorded with a non-HD camera. Come on now, this is 2011; phones can record in HD now.

All joking aside, it's easy to pass judgment on other peoples parenting. And child psychology is something you should educate yourself to some degree, it doesn't hurt to learn about consciousness and how it develops from its primitive stages.

On another note, look at this whole thread, it's full of mental abuse towards each other. So focus on improving yourself before you try to improve others.

edit on 7/24/2011 by MrGrimm because: 18 pages instead of 17

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natasliah
reply to post by aero56

OMFG. Those kids are not going to be grow up with issues.

And you know this, how?

Let me explain again why what happened in that video is bad, if the OP wasn't crystal clear.

The mother is laughing at her child's pain. She encourages the girl to bully him, and may have even suggested the entire scenario. At no point does she tell him it's OK, and of course he wouldn't have to marry anyone that he doesn't want to. She seems to be giving him the message, "you will be heterosexual whether you like it or not." She appears to delight in his feelings of powerlessness. She treats him as if his feelings are irrelevant. She humiliates him. She VIDEOTAPES it. She uploads it to the INTERNET.

I would call this a high betrayal event from a parental figure. Such events have been correlated to mental illness later in life, especially with borderline personality disorder (BPD). It is more common in women, but it does happen in men also. This is a very serious disorder that is often comorbid with suicidality, eating disorders, and various other forms of self-harm.

Also, comparing the level of abuse (measuring it against physical violence) is not appropriate. So many people who have had abuse happen to them say "Well, it's not as bad as..." As if that makes it OK. It's not OK, even if it is not as bad as what happened to someone else.

I'm finishing my master's thesis in psychology, for the record.

I would encourage anyone who found this funny and has children to think long and hard about the issues raised in this thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by aero56

Not really. And to the one that said that BS about violence, this isn't violence. OMFG. Those kids are not going to be grow up with issues. They are normal kids. I really just don't understand those of you who sympathize with the OP. You are angry over a friggen you tube video.

Are you going to monitor these kids for 15 years (with no contact) and verify that?? If not, please shut your mouth.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is interesting to consider the different views on whether this boy is being tortured or not!

I don't know if it is applicable here, but in different cultures, in different communities, there are different ideas upon what is hurtful and what isn't.

My husband is french, for example, and when he first came to America and heard my brother (six at the time) saying "You hurt my feelings" when he was told not to do something, it made my husband crack up. The idea of someones feelings being hurt has no meaning for him! A body can be hurt, but not feelings- they are immaterial, they are totally within the realm of control of the feeler. Another cannot hurt your feelings, for him.

Well, I tend to disagree, to the extent that if a person has been taught that others can, with specific acts or words, hurt you this way, then you shall feel exactly that, even if it is your belief system that is actually doing it.

But some cultures still believe that "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me", and teach their children exactly that, and they become adults who do not feel hurt by the opinions and words of others. I cannot claim to know the origin of these people or their beliefs, but is it possible that the woman comes from a background in which feeling traumatized or tortured because someone else has a different opinion than oneself isn't valid? And perhaps she would like to teach her son that same value?

I totally am compassionate towards those sensitive souls that see this as torture and would experience it as so if in his place, but really such high sensitivity something you want to encourage and nurture in your child as well?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bluwindRD

Again, this is what is wrong with kids today. Stupid parents. When this young lady is a teenager and really does kick someone's ass, it won't be funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Amen!! It's refreshing to have another psych person posting about this video. It's horrible. Thank you!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

reply to post by aero56

OMFG. Those kids are not going to be grow up with issues.

I'm finishing my master's thesis in psychology, for the record.

What's the significance of that comment? Are we supposed to take your word for it?
I was giving you "some" credibility, until I read that condescending comment.

You, of all people, should know that the causes of BPD are unknown. And if you really think about BPD, its symptoms are reminiscent of a teenager trying to figure out who he/she is and what role in life they want to fulfill.

So, everyone in the world has had BPD at some point in their life if we go based on your conclusion of this... parental abuse. I'll admit I've always thought BPD was a joke, so maybe that's why I'm a little one sided.

I've done research at school, but mostly on my own time and have come to realize that consciousness is just a collage of people we've been influenced by and how we perceive those influences.

In my opinion, it really depends on how the child perceives his mother’s actions.
There are too many variables to determine what the psychological response would be, unless you personally decide on doing more research on the family and how their home is ran that is.

edit on 7/26/2011 by MrGrimm because: Was referring to OP video

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm

On another note, look at this whole thread, it's full of mental abuse towards each other. So focus on improving yourself before you try to improve others.

The comment above dost it refer to every one or only to you?
I ask because you just did that in retorting to universes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by Suspiria

I see, so once in your childhood you where this little girl.....well, I am sorry for you...
I give you a tips; when someone ask you a question...just answer it or don't ...but never insult people that mean well.
You can go now.

No I don't need you to feel sorry for me...I was a tomboy with no interest in males, barbie dolls or ripping normal childhood occurances to shreds - Still don't.
Life is full of so called well meaning people like you who's bull# can rip families apart.
Are you on a payroll for this rubbish?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

As I said before, you are taking things to personally for the start.
Do not answer and forget me, this is your best attitude you can have now.
I apologies for making you feel bad.
Truly sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Dude, dont be a jerk, seriously, we are all here for a reason and not to bash each other. Stop trolling, if you dont like what she says then ignore it and walk away. Everyone has a right to their own opinions so, stop trying to dominate.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Passive–aggressive disorder may stem from a specific childhood stimulus (e.g., alcohol/drug addicted parents) in an environment where it was not safe to express frustration or anger. Families in which the honest expression of feelings is forbidden tend to teach children to repress and deny their feelings and to use other channels to express their frustration.
Children who sugarcoat their hostility may fail to ever grow beyond such behavior. Never developing better coping strategies or skills for self-expression, they can become adults who, beneath a seductive veneer, harbor vindictive intent. Martin Kantor suggests three areas that contribute to passive–aggressive anger in individuals: conflicts about dependency, control, and competition.

Little Owen bless him is quite free to explore and express his anger. It would appear you weren't quite so lucky growing up.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A good ending to the vid would have been good ole dad busting in and smashing the camera.

Although it is disturbing to watch, at least its teaching the kids that marriage should come first, instead of the way it really is ---> kid, then divorce and then marriage...........

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by kacou

Passive–aggressive disorder may stem from a specific childhood stimulus (e.g., alcohol/drug addicted parents) in an environment where it was not safe to express frustration or anger. Families in which the honest expression of feelings is forbidden tend to teach children to repress and deny their feelings and to use other channels to express their frustration.
Children who sugarcoat their hostility may fail to ever grow beyond such behavior. Never developing better coping strategies or skills for self-expression, they can become adults who, beneath a seductive veneer, harbor vindictive intent. Martin Kantor suggests three areas that contribute to passive–aggressive anger in individuals: conflicts about dependency, control, and competition.

Little Owen bless him is quite free to explore and express his anger. It would appear you weren't quite so lucky growing up.

I gotta say I am in agreement with this point. The child is being allowed to express himself. It is not in the most effective fashion, relative to what he'd like to make happen (or stop happening) but I think the repression of expression of "negative" emotions, disagreement, objection, etc. is more damaging in the long term than to let it just happen at this age. Avoiding and putting a stop on any and all approaches to conflict between children makes for overly sensitive neurotic passive aggressive adults.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm

The comment above dost it refer to every one or only to you?
I ask because you just did that in retorting to universes.

If you felt I was angry or aggressive in that thread, I'm sorry. And my quick responses could only mean I was active on ATS at that time. And if it wasn't those two, then maybe I had a bad day. :T

There's a problem with text, depending on the persons mood and/or their view of you will usually be the tone of voice they hear in their head when they read it.

Oh and by the way, the reasons I gave, doesn't justify my actions. I own up to my viciousness, because I'm capable just like everyone on this rock. "My s*** stinks like everyone else’s."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

A simple question;
When a baby cry, what do you do?

Please don't answer with a varies situation...just when a baby cry what do you do.
Your last personal remark was with out circumstance.
I am not in this forum to tell about my life as about my opinion like you do.
I work with many people age 25 and a little older, many of them I can manage.
2 weeks a go I got to get rid over someone that had suffer inconsequent mental disturbance. My problem was that the rest of the team couldn't cope any more. I talk to this person before letting him go and he tolled me about his difficulty to adapt with other. I question him about his childhood and life and what came up was what we see in many family, they made jokes about him when he was young and his brother was not concern. Now he can't cope with people as such... They parent had explore his anger for him when he was younger.
remember one single thing; life is not about playing as it is about growing safe.
I have to say that this video is a clear indication of mild mental disturbance on the part of the parents, they have no clue.
I don't go and read books about child psychology , I grow up in a large family, my fox where not preoccupied about how they could make fun in the expense of they children....my parents simply raise me and my sisters and brothers.
I have in my turn raised 2 daughters which I feel are well in they mind and body....never in my wildest dream I could have made a mockery to my daughters like I see in this video....respect for children is as important as respect for older.
You obviously see it in a different way, and this is your right...but don't complain about the state of the world.
Love and respect is missing in this world....and never mind about exploring some hunger when the last one most of the time is not know from the child as such.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Well, we all have our days!
It is fine by me, I never get upset...I give up this vice when I understood.
Good day to you,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

I gotta say I am in agreement with this point. The child is being allowed to express himself. It is not in the most effective fashion, relative to what he'd like to make happen (or stop happening) but I think the repression of expression of "negative" emotions, disagreement, objection, etc. is more damaging in the long term than to let it just happen at this age. Avoiding and putting a stop on any and all approaches to conflict between children makes for overly sensitive neurotic passive aggressive adults.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

The kids in this video has been framed to suit an adult mockery...this is clear.
So we can't talke about epxpressions of feelings or sentiments when the entire situation is not natural...can you see the difference?...in reference of this particular video.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Seriously did you read the entire communication between us?
I don't think so...it all started when she embedded a video which has nothing to do with the one we have here, I just ask her what was the reason...she answered with a carrot insult...lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The kids in this video has been framed to suit an adult mockery...this is clear.
So we can't talke about epxpressions of feelings or sentiments when the entire situation is not natural...can you see the difference?...in reference of this particular video.

I do not see anything "not natural" here. Except that maybe they aren't living outside in a tree, collecting nuts and berries, and having sex in public (that's "natural").

What is going on is that the children are being encouraged to act out and learn their culture's values and accepted behaviors.

The girl is being taught that she should be intending marriage, because in her culture reproducing while not officially married and having a protector/provider for the vulnerable state of pregnancy and baby care is unacceptable. Since an age will come where biologically, the desire to reproduce will become very, very strong, this value would have to be conditioned before the girl actually reaches that age to have any chance of influencing her choices at that time.

He is being taught that males in his culture are expected to face opposition directly and firmly, instead of crying and expecting someone else to take away the opposition/challenge for him.

He is being taught that crying and yelling will NOT make challenges go away.

In both cases, they are being taught that controlling your emotions and asserting oneself and ones intents firmly is the most effective choice of action in their particular culture.

We can argue whether these values are best or not, whether their culture should be that way or differently, but the fact remains that they are IN that culture, in that environment, and without having learned how that particular social system works, they will fail to operate in it effectively.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join