It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

MODERATORS....PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Skywatcher.....if you have something to say, why don't you just come out and say it?

Stop tip-toeing through the tulips, man!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I thought I made my rant clear in my post? If anything, what else IS THERE to say???
Btw, the flowers smell nice where I walked through, you should walk the same path

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Dude, you sound like someone who is seeking attention on this site. You also sound like someone who has nothing better to do on here except bring up useless arguments.

WOW

For one, you don't have a psych phD and you aren't even Dr. Phil....so how would you know this is "bad" for the kids??? Each response you come up with is not backed up by scientific facts/studies and other research to validate your "claims".

If you were alive a thousand years ago you would tell me the Earth was flat

I don't see "force" brought unto him marrying her. What I do see is an adult mother "toying" with the idea that the two should be married and to video record their reactions to see what transpires from the debate (while egging them on).

I agree with that

The fact that an adult male made a comment like "what's the problem" signifies that this "forced marriage" argument between the two kids was getting a bit heated and wanted to see if any actual PHYSICAL FORCE was being applied on the kids (hence the screaming/crying and yelling from the boy and girl)

I agree with that

Obviously once he realized that no one was PHYSICALLY hurt, he probably thought the lady video recording was crazy and left the room immediately.

I agree with that

I personally laughed at the video....and then I got annoyed and stopped watching it after the 2 min mark. I thought it was just a video made of what low income or low IQ families do to entertain themselves. But that could be a biased opinion and I could be wrong. Just my two cents on that.

I don't know WHAT to say about that.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by NightGypsy

I thought I made my rant clear in my post? If anything, what else IS THERE to say???
Btw, the flowers smell nice where I walked through, you should walk the same path

Those "flowers" are poo and i'm sorry to inform you but they very much DO stink sir.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here was my impression of the situation-

I often see mothers try to provoke and encourage their kids to be assertive. They often provoke situations in which the child has to face opposition and watch to see if the kid can be pushed to a point of speaking firmly their choices or opinions instead of whining and crying and feeling too easily influenced or invaded by the simple perception of opposition by another.

I see this done more often to boys than girls, in fact. My first impression was that that is what this mother was doing, more or less consciously.

It seems the girl has already developed more skills in this area than has the boy, and I was thinking that both of these kids seem to have had examples so far of relationships in which the woman was more powerful or domineering. She is acting out what she sees adults do around her- the woman cleans and calmly and firmly tells the male partner what he shall do and what he shall not, presenting him with the exchange they have- you do as I say, and I shall keep your hosue clean and continue to feed you. You do not, you shall lose that.

From that observation, I almost immediately made the assumption that they live in a more rural area..... which may be mistaken, but in my own experience, I find this type of relational dynamic more prevalent in rural areas.
I personally was confused and shocked to see how many families have this type of power dynamic when I moved to a rural area from an urban one. Where I was from it was more common to see either the male having the power role and using his financial income as his leverage, or a more equal power distribution, in which both partners work and share equally financial responsibilities and those of the home.

But in the rural area I now live in, the men are often not making huge amounts of money to use as leverage, value more their home life than their career, and the women who take care of the home then, have a great deal of power. The mothers also tend to train their children for this dynamic- for example the boy will not be taught how to clean or cook, but the girl will. So the boy shall grow into a man who NEEDS a woman around and is dependant on her for these basics of living (giving her leverage and power).

In these communities, training the boy to be tough and stand up for himself is still part of the training, as he is expected to be forceful outside the home and in the community, to protect his home and family- women often do such confrontation with their husbands at home to stimulate them to be more aggressive and forceful so they will be when they walk out the door and deal with others outside.

None of this surprised me to watch. But there was a time it would have. I also see how, if a man has not grown up in such an ambiance, he might be quite alarmed at the force this girl is being encouraged to project at this little boy. But ya know, when you live in a rural area, deal with the elements and work with the land, you need to learn to stand up to the force of mother nature and not become a quivering mess of tears!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

aw im sorry you feel bad about this because you witnessed a fight when you were a child similar to this topic. This is an assumption and if i am wrong im sorry about it seems that way..

To answer your points... she was not training her kids to argue about such topics. training means that its done multiple times. i am most positive(cause if i was her) i would do this once just to get it on camera. there is no malevolence here only sadistic humor. its not a bad humor most individuals find it funny .

if this happened again your right she should stop this, especially ensuring he doesnt scream like that. the little girl was being confident in what she wanted and not forceful rather persistent had she hit him if he said no then it would be forceful.

Thank you for posting this I never wanna get married i see so many people getting divorced i never want to risk my heart on something like that. and this video portayed a funny version of how i feel about it. you crazy girls always out to get me

edit on 24-7-2011 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

Sadism
Sadism is the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others. Aspects of it include:

Sadomasochism
Sadism and masochism as medical terms, sadism and masochism as paraphilia
Sadistic personality disorder, nonsexual sadism

there is no malevolence here only sadistic humor. its not a bad humor most individuals find it funny

Sadistic pleasure you say

edit on 7/24/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You obviously are going through life in some kinda dream state, wake the hell up!

as for the video.. who cares?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Here was my impression of the situation-

I often see mothers try to provoke and encourage their kids to be assertive. They often provoke situations in which the child has to face opposition and watch to see if the kid can be pushed to a point of speaking firmly their choices or opinions instead of whining and crying and feeling too easily influenced or invaded by the simple perception of opposition by another.

I see this done more often to boys than girls, in fact. My first impression was that that is what this mother was doing, more or less consciously.

It seems the girl has already developed more skills in this area than has the boy, and I was thinking that both of these kids seem to have had examples so far of relationships in which the woman was more powerful or domineering. She is acting out what she sees adults do around her- the woman cleans and calmly and firmly tells the male partner what he shall do and what he shall not, presenting him with the exchange they have- you do as I say, and I shall keep your hosue clean and continue to feed you. You do not, you shall lose that.

From that observation, I almost immediately made the assumption that they live in a more rural area..... which may be mistaken, but in my own experience, I find this type of relational dynamic more prevalent in rural areas.
I personally was confused and shocked to see how many families have this type of power dynamic when I moved to a rural area from an urban one. Where I was from it was more common to see either the male having the power role and using his financial income as his leverage, or a more equal power distribution, in which both partners work and share equally financial responsibilities and those of the home.

But in the rural area I now live in, the men are often not making huge amounts of money to use as leverage, value more their home life than their career, and the women who take care of the home then, have a great deal of power. The mothers also tend to train their children for this dynamic- for example the boy will not be taught how to clean or cook, but the girl will. So the boy shall grow into a man who NEEDS a woman around and is dependant on her for these basics of living (giving her leverage and power).

In these communities, training the boy to be tough and stand up for himself is still part of the training, as he is expected to be forceful outside the home and in the community, to protect his home and family- women often do such confrontation with their husbands at home to stimulate them to be more aggressive and forceful so they will be when they walk out the door and deal with others outside.

None of this surprised me to watch. But there was a time it would have. I also see how, if a man has not grown up in such an ambiance, he might be quite alarmed at the force this girl is being encouraged to project at this little boy. But ya know, when you live in a rural area, deal with the elements and work with the land, you need to learn to stand up to the force of mother nature and not become a quivering mess of tears!!

Where were you when i started this thread

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I thought I made my rant clear in my post? If anything, what else IS THERE to say??? Btw, the flowers smell nice where I walked through, you should walk the same path

You DO know I was kidding with you, right?

Although, perhaps you could have ramped up the font size of "MODS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD" a couple of notches for more shock factor.

BTW, what exactly do you mean when you say I should "walk the same path" through the tulips? I feel like I should be getting mad at that comment, but I'm not sure why? LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Those "flowers" are poo and i'm sorry to inform you but they very much DO stink sir

Skywatcher, I hate to say this, but I think the above means that Prophecy's white unicorn just puked rainbow stuff on our tulips. How rude.

Okay, Prophecy, I'm gonna be serious here and stop giving you a hard time. When I watch this video, at first it is pretty funny. Then, when that boy starts screaming like a maniac at the top of his lungs, I think the woman videotaping it should have cut the vid and told him to get a grip. I mean parents/guardians can raise their kids however they choose, and I am not inclined to concern myself with the crapload of dysfunctional parenting I'd probably find with little effort on YouTube. However, allowing a kid to scream bloody murder at someone without doing much about it is condoning that kind of interaction in my mind. That's just my opinion. If it were me, I wouldn't have allowed the screaming match to carry on because I think kids will develop a habit of it, and we've already got enough negativity in this world. But those aren't my kids, they are someone else's.

As far as the marriage issue, I think you are taking that part too serious. I don't think there's any issue here except the way the kids are allowed to scream bloody murder and act like brats.

edit on 24-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Honestly, who cares? Maybe it's disturbing, maybe it's not. But its certainly not worth talking about as this is not something that is running rampant and destroying the moral fibers of the world. So, moral of the story: we can't control this woman, or her kids, or anyone else for that matter, so why in the hell is this on the main page of ATS?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
WOW 10 pages and only 7 flags really shows how silly this whole thread is.

Just look at the damage there doing to this poor kid

edit on 24-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Just look at the damage there to to this poor kid

WHAT?

Prophecy, did you get a look at this vid posted by Bixxi3?

Now THAT'S SADISTIC!

That is just a baby! An innocent! That man is trying to make that baby think that purple thing is coming after him....and it's not! It's an inanimate object! And look at that man's smirk at the end! He believes he is doing nothing wrong to that baby!

I hope someone turns this man into Child Protective Services.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't see any point in coming on here to harrass the OP and tell him his concerns are silly or meaningless.
If sociology and psychology is not your cup of tea, than you can always choose not to participate (I am not at all interested in Illuminati hypothesis, so leave those discussions to those who are).

I understand why the analysis of what is going on here is interesting. Our culture, it's values and prevalent behaviorisms are a product of our early education, and the ways we are conditioned subtly through things like play which is encouraged or proposed by adults. They are the roots of what we become later. Watching the play and interaction of adults with children in any given culture gives much insight into why and how the majority of adults in the culture are how they are.

This sort of play conditions values and behaviors on the deepest, most subconscious level, creating reactions and responses to the world that are the hardest for a person to change later in life! So they are very important!

On the subject of being sadistic or mean, as a parent......
I observe, and have experienced myself that we instinctually try to present certain challenges gradually to our children when young to develop in them less sensitivity to unknown, and a sense of curiosity. There is a poitn where a child can learn to transform instinctive "fear of unknown" into "curiosity" if they have had enough experiences being forced to face that which they find frightening and found that ultimately it did no harm.

That lays down a thought pattern- things that I do not understand or know may look scary or threatening to me, but I may be mistaken- they might not be a real threat. This is where the last video, of the man with the baby, is vital in early education. You can even see animals do that with their offspring at times, pushing them into a scary confrontation and not assisting them in overcoming it.

In the video of the marriage argument, the boys reaction is one that is largely thought to be ineffectual in the modern civilized adult world. Screaming and crying doesn't ever get you that work contract, get your neighbor to stop parking in your parking space.... By not reacting to it, the mother sends this message. Look, what you are doing is having no effect of any kind, try a different approach! If she stops the girl, turns off the camera, puts an end to the game, the message becomes "if you cry and scream like that, everyone responds, it gets attention, and it works! If you want something to stop, act like this and everyone around you shall comply with your wishes!"

edit on 24-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I don't see any point in coming on here to harrass the OP and tell him his concerns are silly or meaningless.
If sociology and psychology is not your cup of tea, than you can always choose not to participate (I am not at all interested in Illuminati hypothesis, so leave those discussions to those who are).

I understand why the analysis of what is going on here is interesting. Our culture, it's values and prevalent behaviorisms are a product of our early education, and the ways we are conditioned subtly through things like play which is encouraged or proposed by adults. They are the roots of what we become later. Watching the play and interaction of adults with children in any given culture gives much insight into why and how the majority of adults in the culture are how they are.

This sort of play conditions values and behaviors on the deepest, most subconscious level, creating reactions and responses to the world that are the hardest for a person to change later in life! So they are very important!

If you were a woman i would kiss you in the mouth!! Unless you were a fat woman, then it would have to be the cheek (even more issues!!)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Bixxi3

Just look at the damage there to to this poor kid

WHAT?

Prophecy, did you get a look at this vid posted by Bixxi3?

Now THAT'S SADISTIC!

That is just a baby! An innocent! That man is trying to make that baby think that purple thing is coming after him....and it's not! It's an inanimate object! And look at that man's smirk at the end! He believes he is doing nothing wrong to that baby!

I hope someone turns this man into Child Protective Services.

A child in their fathers arms playing while the mother films, thats "night and day" compared to my OP. Whats your point??

I'm being serious here.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I am a woman! I'm also a mother of three kids, now young adult and teens, so I may have had more time to develop and form my opinions about childrearing.
I also train horses, and frankly, the principles in that mirror pretty strongly the early conditioning we do with young children.
-oh and I am certainly not fat, but you'll have to stick with the cheek anyways, as I am married and anything else would be innappropriate!

edit on 24-7-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I think the video shows how reluctant and perhaps fearful adults are of disciplining children that aren't theirs. I am willing to bet that if Christina were HER child and Owen was the guest, Christina would have been the one told to stop harassing Owen.

I don't see why you're so upset that they're playing 'marriage'. Why do you think marriage is something inappropriate for children to be exposed to? Should children not be allowed to attend weddings? Should parents hide their marriage from their children?

I think you're wrong in believing that Owen is actually scared of being 'forced' into marriage. Children know that marriage is an adult union. Children also pretend they are teachers, cops, doctors, etc. That doesn't mean that they actually think they will be able to become a teacher or doctor at age 5.

I also think you're wrong for thinking Christina will become some master manipulator just because she told Owen he couldn't have any candy for not 'marrying' her. I remember when I was a child, a friend came to my house and she refused to play a game with me. I then fixed myself some ice cream, and when she asked for some too, I refused to give her any. I am not at all a manipulative person. Children will learn these tactics from their own parents who punish them when they do not behave.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

You go girl!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join