It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Are the Olympics Secure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
An undercover reporter has infiltrated Olympic security and was able to plant three "suspicious" items resembling bombs. He was also able to gain employment catering ice and drinks to workers, performers, and volunteers. The reporter walked around with credentials bearing the name "Michael Mouse" & "Bob Bin Ladin" according to the report.

news.scotsman.com
The Olympic Games in Greece is a �terrorists� dream come true�, it is claimed today.

An undercover reporter has been able to get a job �at the heart of the Games� and plant three �suspicious items� that resembled components to make bomb.

Despite a massive �1 billion security operation the journalist managed to secure a driving job five weeks ago with a British contractor without references or a formal interview.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After $1 Billion in security expenses and a reporter easily circumvent the authorities, this should be a wake-up call to those who think that they are properly protected during these Olympic games.

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca
seven.com.au

[edit on 8/14/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Michael Mouse? BinLadin?

Oh thats funny! I think the Olympics will go on as usual and go without a hitch! I dont forsee a problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I read an article today that stated they turned off some of the metal detectors for the opening ceremonies when the lines started to get too long. IMO, the Greeks have been under so much pressure to get the venues done they do not want any more bad press regarding these Olympics. I'm not saying they don't care, I can just see some "shortcuts" being made to help smooth things over.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
i dont think any terroists will attack the olympics. in iraq their trying to seperate countrys and alienaite the US. If they attack the olympics with all these countrys involved in the olympics, all thats going to cause is the countrys uniting against the terroist group.
All though a terroist group who hates everyone and is smacked off their heads might try something.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's arrogant but the truth, Greeks aren't Brainers(most, sorry but it is like that) so there is no chance this Olympics will be secure.

Call yourself Dr. Adolf Bush and state you are expert for Marketing and you have a marketing job soon in Greek. That's no joke

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Update with Greek Officials Upset at the reporter's "cat & mouse" game to expose security flaws.....

Olympics: Greek officials angry over Olympic security cat-and-mouse game
ATHENS : An undercover British reporter upped the ante in a longstanding game of cat-and-mouse between Greek police and foreign journalists testing Olympic security, drawing an angry response from Greek officials.

The British tabloid Sunday Mirror said Sunday its reporter Bob Graham, who had got a job as a lift car boy at the stadium under an alias, planted three mock bombs that went undetected by a security sweep conducted before the Games' opening ceremony on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I wouldent have though anyone would want ot attack the actually olympics.

If they did then i tyhink it would actually be for terror, maybe a squad would be targetted but not the actually main games.

But i would be very sad if someone decided to as the olympics are great things.

top topics

join