It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Smart Meters Produce Higher Bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wanted to call your attention to smart meters producing higher bills.

This write up was interesting . Make sure to see the vid.

www.rense.com...

HIGHER READINGS

So why do smart meters produce higher readings? Is it a plot to help flatten your wallet? In fact it's related to what appliances you have in your home. Mainly, this has to do with electric motors. With furnace fans and compressors used in refrigeration, there is a very high starting current. With a small window or table top electric fan starting current is relatively insignificant. For refrigeration appliances, window air conditioners, furnace blowers or central air conditioning starting current is quite high ­ often several times higher than the running current listed on the nameplate or label.

What can be the reason for higher starting current than running current? In refrigeration appliances, motors must overcome the refrigerant already in the compressor to start rotation. In the case of a forced-air furnace fan or central air-conditioning fan, blower wheels act like large flywheels which must be brought up to speed.

I feel things are getting way out of hand here with the use of these things.
All I can say is, " I don't want one!".
I don't want it spying on my 'usage' NOR ripping me off! How about you?
edit on 23-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

There's a reason city governments make citizens switch to "smart" meters.

And it's not to save the citizen money...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Notice they didn't say how much this might increase the bill -- because it is so nominal it is insignificant Larger capacitors would buffer this. The amount of current they are talking about is that momentary dimming of the lights that might occur when the motor kicks on, which may or may not happen depending on a raft of variables. In any case it is energy used.

Computers have enabled people to monetize increasingly fractional things. Look at a hospital, every time they use a q tip it is billed to the patient account, pump gas look how many hundredths of a gallon.. -- it is a product of digitization -- suck it up.
edit on 23-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Hi Jeanius

lol love your nAME and your avatar... that is wild lmbo.

I tend to agree with ya there... on your comment!
------------------------------
Appreciate your replies!
edit on 23-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sharing more that I have learned about smart meters. This is just one of the many vids. They not only will rip us off but they are emitting dangerous radiation which pose health hazards to us. I advise you folks to google all about the dangers of smart meters and reFUSE them,

edit on 31-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

join