It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendment 2: - Right to Bear Arms DAMN RIGHT! Get over it!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yeah, well ... I agree and that sounds good on paper, but it is this states rights conservative mentality that has put us in this mess with a SCOTUS that gave us "corporations as people". Corporations have purchased, and now run, this Nation. The only thing that will save it is to dissolve the current govt and start over.

Actually, what we need is to divide the U.S. into two Nations.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

So why don't you use your rights to fix the government?

Just askin because every day on this forum I hear Americans huff puff hot air and smoke blowing declaring their rights, but I have yet to see them exercised.

It's not about fixing our government violently, or going on the offensive. It's about being able to protect our family and friends from invaders, whomever they may be. If it happened to be our government, and they decided they were going to round people up for demanding change, they would have to think twice. We're not just sitting ducks at the mercy of whomever is willing to bring violence to us. As for the ridiculous comment about Harriers and such, those items are owned, and operated...by us. The citizens of the USA. Show me ONE fat cat banker, or barrel @ssed politician that will get in the cockpit and operate those things. There aren't any. Even if they would, technology as we've seen over the past several decades has a hard time against guerilla fighters who have nothing to lose. Not to mention, our soldiers are made up of American citizens, and very often come from well armed families, who exercise their 2nd amendment rights. When people are finally tired of our government, they will bring them down. I doubt any shots would be fired. It's all a delicate distraction game in which the corporations are shoveling as much money as they can into their pockets while buying politicians. As long as they keep people at each others throats with the fake right vs. left paradigm, they'll keep getting away with it. Once it all comes down, they'll run overseas with their tails between their legs to live on their fat bank accounts.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Nothing is clear once lawyers get involved. That is what keeps the BIG BUCKS rolling in. Try reading the ARMED CITIZEN column in THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN magazine. There are many hundreds and probably even thousands of accounts where armed citizens have saved themselves, their families, and their neighbors from armed attackers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As a Britt I do not own a gun, I could probably get a shotgun but I don’t need one for anything. I personally despise guns, they are implements of death and murder the bottom line is that a gun is primarily designed to kill. You can argue all you want about the need for personal protection and so on but the fact still remains that guns are for killing people. The taking of another’s life is the most deplorable malevolent act another human can inflict upon another. For that reason I am strongly opposed to any state that allows its populace to buy a gun with what appears to be very little restriction.

You Americans can keep your guns, I don’t ever want to see the day when I need to buy a gun because I know I am the only one on my street who doesn’t own one. It is a sad state of affairs in a developed state such as America that the citizens feel so insecure they must all have guns. Truth be told, I personally feel the Constitution of the United States of America is pointless, I would tear it up we Britt’s get along find without a official constitution.

Anyway that is probably a conversation for another time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think the biggest difference is the British folk are tougher, better fighters. We can usually settle our differences with a good punch up.

Americans are of weaker stock (perhaps) so may need to rely on a physical extension and are not as good in hand to hand combat.

We understand.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You came back to this thread, with that? I'm again reminded why I've stopped visiting this site as often as I once did....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I think the biggest difference is the British folk are tougher, better fighters. We can usually settle our differences with a good punch up.

Americans are of weaker stock (perhaps) so may need to rely on a physical extension and are not as good in hand to hand combat.

We understand.

Hmmmm, Brits weren't so tough or better fighters in 1776 and in 1943 when we baled you all out.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Oh I'm sorry. Am I not allowed an opinion?

I was merely stating my belief. It's known that English , Scots and Irish people are good fighters. We don't really need guns or weapons (despite the odd wanker in London who takes a knife to a fight).

As I say, we're man enough to face the issues with our brains and fists.

But we understand that other folk can't do this, so need to have the ability to pump lead into people.

Offended? I'm sorry if you are.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Was that before or after we burned down your capitol?

After we lost the fight. When we burned down your whitehouse...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And if I remember correctly it was a certain Operation 'mincemeat' which turned the tide of a war.

Google it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Wow, and you Brits always rail about American generalizations. I have no problem with a good "punch up", and would much prefer that to a gunfight. You seem to be confusing a disagreement, with a home invasion in which the other party isn't interested in settling anything, just taking what you have, and possibly raping your wife in front of you, and slaughtering your children. And when they come in, they come in with guns. You would be helpless, no matter how good a fighter you are. And criminals get guns illegally. On your little island, it's pretty easy to keep stuff out. Try sharing a huge border with Mexico, if guns were outlawed here, it would just give the murderous cartels another cash cow.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Was that before or after we burned down your capitol?

After we lost the fight. When we burned down your whitehouse...

If you can't win a fight you throw fire bombs? Really tough!

By the way, good with your fists? If you look you will see that the USA holds twice the championship belts as UK.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well i'd like to have 2nd amendment in my country. Its just that i don't feel safe anymore walking down the street in the late evening or at night.
I could never kill a person and if i would i don't know if i could handle it morally.
I'd like to have a gun just to shoot a few rounds into the air and if that doesn't work, shoot at targets legs.
Perfect scenario would be to get rid of all the guns in the world, but thats unreasonable as there would be no means of protection from any threat.
But think about what would happen if all people had guns. You can't pull a gun on someone because you know you're at risk of being shot yourself.

Just some stoner thoughts.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

Hmmmm, Brits weren't so tough or better fighters in 1776 and in 1943 when we baled you all out.

How about the Brits helping you all out in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Seriously though the argument of “who is tougher” Brits or Americans is really rather immature.

I mean let’s face we Britt’s can Drink you Americans under the table and that’s all that really matters.
edit on 24-7-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Now that's a fair comment, if not a little xenophobic. But I'm not going to disagree with you.

But not once in my comments did I ever mention banning guns. I'm just not going to sit here and listen to the anti-English comments.

Let's all be friends right?

There are worse people out there than us British and American folk. I understand why you guys like your guns so much, I understand it's a cultural difference. Just stop insulting the British.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I don't insult the Brits, I would be insulting my family. I'm the first born American in my family (they came here from Canada, English-Canadian, not French). My great grandmother was from Wales. This country was founded by British colonists, as we all know. We speak English (real English, not English-English, we actually utiliZe the letter Z
). But, as far as guns go, the genie is way out of the bottle here, and not to sound xenophobic in regards to Mexico, but I live down here near the border, I see first hand what the smugglers do. They would LOVE for guns to be banned here, so they can corner the black market. MORE criminals would get guns, and would know that law abiding citizens wouldn't have any. I don't think that would work out too well.

And yes, we are brothers, and all families have disagreements about some choices one another make.

edit on 24-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is the single most telling comment on the state of the insanity gripping the dying United States when people who know nothing quote the Constitution and claim it is abundantly clear.

It is quite clear. The only thing needed to determine its meaning is the definition of a comma...

comma - 1. Grammar A punctuation mark ( , ) used to indicate a separation of ideas or of elements within the structure of a sentence. 2. A pause or separation; a caesura.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

It seems the only people, to whom it is unclear, is the Priest Class Lawyer Sect. That thread is by my good friend Jean Paul Zodeaux, who I'm quite certain will be returning here, to address your post, as well.

... but SCOTUS hasn't been able to agree on this Amendment for over 200 years. And the history of this Amendment (it's legislative history) is such that it is MUCH more about the U.S. having the ability to call up an already armed National Guard than it does to carry a concealed weapon at a Church or College or at a bar. If it was so damned clear, then all those SCOTUS decisions would be 9-0. They weren't. Most were 53 or 6-3/

Not at all surprising, when you consider SCOTUS Justices are appointed based upon the history of their political ideologies. This is easily ascertained by your quotation of their varied vote counts, on the same issue. If that is not enough, consider the equally varied counts in other hot-button, political football issues, like abortion...

But when you talk about something as utterly complex as the Constitution and act like it is "clear", you fly in the face of reason, intelligence and over 200 years of case law in the United States.

Reason and intelligence, not being characteristics exclusive to lawyers and judges, are precisely why anyone can read and comprehend our Constitution. It seems it is only clouded to you because you erroneously perceive the document as granting rights to the people, rather than restricting the government's intrusion on our pre-existing rights.

It really isn't "brain surgery" and that comparison might actually be insulting to some brain surgeons...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I mean let’s face we Britt’s can Drink you Americans under the table and that’s all that really matters.

If we ever meet in person, I'd take you up on that challenge...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Damn!. You're right. *sigh* Better start practicing more.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Drinking is not the venue of the wise or prudent..in anything. Do not misunderstand me here. I am not against drink. I just don't think that the ability to drink is the mark of how to define oneself..male or female.

And I definitely don't want to be around anyone drinking and handling a firearm...reloading. or machinery. That is just a firm practice/principle of mine. I don't like to be around such wildlife. Yank or Brit....or anyone else.

While I am a great admirer of British History and in particular the English Civil War....I have no desire to follow British principals or thinking. Everywhere there are Brits or English Law is not England.
The British are currently making a train wreck out of a whole generation of peoples..and particularly in their inner cities. Someone is trying to bring this very template here to the USA for us to follow.

You Brits may be proud to be British...and I am ok with that...but I have no desire to be a Brit or follow the British system or a Sovereign...Nor the Crown.

Some of us Yanks have survived Public School education and thinking and know the difference in our system as intended and the UK's Crown law.

AS to using fists...fisticuffs..I have no desire to engage in such as well...nor gun fights. I have better things to do with my time and monies.

However..I do not intend to wait or believe my government is here to protect me and mine. For I know that they are for the purpose of protecting government first and foremost.

When those three fellows robbed me on my street at gunpoint ..it was ironic that the thing about which they were most afraid was me having a gun of my own while riding my scooter home.

People with bad intentions fear an armed public..including a government...and rightly so!! Predators do not like an armed informed prey. The first thing to be armed is ones mind and spirit...the rest will follow naturally in a free people.

A free and civil people do not want to bother anyone nor be bothered...and are prepared for either eventuality...by the very virtue of their Freedom. To not prepare is to disarm yourself and your family...in ignorance... and lose your freedom.

Here our Freedom is not granted by government as a privilege..it is our right and so stated in our founding documents. Freedom is not a thing granted by a sovereign...including the right to keep and bear our property/arms.

The ability to own property ..by right and not privilege is what sets us apart from most of the world. In this ..property ownership..we are not like the world and have no interest in being like the rest of the world.
An our arms are property..private property.
The ability to own private property is what sets us apart from the rest of the world.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join