It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendment 2: - Right to Bear Arms DAMN RIGHT! Get over it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.
Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm's length and never say "I've got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven's sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off, and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes. The response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor. (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona .) Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, ‘cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

--anon

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

those depend on what state you live in so answers vary

lets take florida for instance pull a gun you get 10 years fire a gun you get 20 and thats not even killing anyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
OK, before the conspiracy crowd jumps in...

Yes... I filed a full police report etc. Baltimore. MD. The bank in question...which remain anonymous Stated that their external cameras were down for maintenance ETC

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
so Neo, why do people in Florida own firearms?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Not religious. But our society, our political environment is directly tied to the second ammendment. Our country was started based on disgust and mistrust of governmen rule. We will never,ever put ourselves in that position again. That assurance is given to us, in part, by the second ammendment.
Now we display disgust with our government daily. But we have yet to reach that threshold where the second ammendment would be necessary.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Sacred? Your sounding religious. The right to bear arms was surely for a time when you had no police force.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring.

Hello?

Yes, hello Pot? This is Kettle. You're black!

When you're done worshiping at the alter of the priest class police force, maybe you can genuflect and come on out of that church long enough to hold an actual discussion on the purpose of the Second Amendment.

It was a different world to the world we live in today when the ammendment was created.

Governments have long used the development of new technologies as an excuse for the aggregation of power. This argument that "it was a different world when the Second Amendment was written" is a fallacious one. It matters not how the technology goes, the tyrants using this technology remain the same, and that is insufferable.

So please get in the 21st century.

I have never owned a gun. I pray to God I never have to own a gun, but if the 21st century is overrun by the mindlessness reflected in your post regarding natural unalienable rights, then perhaps it is time to start consider the ownership of weapons.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

depends person to person why does anyone own anything?

some own one for safety others might own one for a hobby and even a few just think they are "cool"

its that last group that people might have some concern about however most obtain them legally and never have the intentions to do harm to others.

and i can guarantee most if not all pray the day they may have to use one in self defense never comes.

florida is a tough call so called gun violence lead to those laws that ended up hurting the people who are harmless

pretty much every gun law on the books does that
edit on 23-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I have never owned a gun. I pray to God I never have to own a gun, but if the 21st century is overrun by the mindlessness reflected in your post regarding natural unalienable rights, then perhaps it is time to start consider the ownership of weapons.

Not trying to shift the discussion but is this a possible shift in a paradigm?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We get the issue, American are allowed to hold guns in case the King of England decides to take over America.

But so are other other countries. Notice how other countries don't start threads like this?

Wonder why?

No offence Slayer- but what is the point of this thread? People get killed by guns on a daily basis, we KNOW you have guns, we hear about it every day. We also get bored to the back teeth of hearing about how a wife shoots her husband or how a bullied student decides to take it out on his school, or how a shop clerk decides to kill a robber.

Big deal.
edit on 23-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
We get the issue, American are allowed to hold guns in case the King of England decides to take over America.

But so are other other countries. Notice how other countries don't start threads like this?

Wonder why?

Lack of freedoms?

China?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Lack of freedom to do what? Start a thread and brag about how you are allowed / not allowed to have a weapon?

If people concentrated on actually caring about each other as opposed to hating, then there would be less of a reason to own / fire a gun.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I had a guy come onto my property and get in my shed and smash my motorcycle with my own axe. When I went out to see what the noise was he took a swing at me with my own axe. I had just had spinal fusion surgery and he was there because a guy I knew told him that I had the surgery and was going to take my pain meds from me with my own axe.

As he swung I was able to take a step back and he missed. I went in the house and grabbed my P89 walked out and drew sights on his forehead. he came at me again so I fired one at the ground in front of him. Only after I fired did he retreat to his truck and leave.

I'm sure I would have been injured if not killed over a few pain pills. I called the cops and they came and took my statement and asked me if I had another firearm besides the one I used to protect myself because they had to take my P89. I told them I did have another means to protect myself if he was bailed out. If I hadn't had another firearm they may have let me keep it.

After about a year and one court appearance i had my pistol returned to me and he was charged with several crimes. Last I knew he was still in jail for this crime and breaking into another house looking for medication.

Thank God i had a means to protect myself. I was still in a back brace from the spinal fusion and was an easy target without my trusty firearm.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Not trying to shift the discussion but is this a possible shift in a paradigm?

I am not sure what paradigm shift you are referring to. I sometimes feel compelled to point out that I do not own any guns because it is too often assumed that my vehement defense of the right to keep and bear arms means I am a "gun owner".

I remain steadfast in my belief that the pen is mightier than the sword, and I rely heavily upon my facility of language to passionately fight for the unalienable rights of all people everywhere. However, I also believe there are many people like myself, who do not care for stockpiling an armament, even if it be our right, but as more and more people counter my passionate defense of unalienable rights with their own passionate defense of collectivism having supremacy over individualism, I also remain certain these unarmed people will simply decide it is in their best interest to arm themselves.

The point needs to be made for those who either foolishly, disingenuously, or pretend to believe that by arguing against the right to keep and bear arms, they only increase the number of those who actually do keep and bear arms. Their own arguments undo them, so to speak.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Lack of freedom to do what? Start a thread and brag about how you are allowed / not allowed to have a weapon?

That was my second option. My first was to comply [not for myself, but for my children's sake]...

If people concentrated on actually caring about each other as opposed to hating, then there would be less of a reason to own / fire a gun.

This is possibly true.

However Screw them I didnt know thier intent....
At that point it was me vs them!

They would have lost

edit on 23-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was actually wondering which American would be the first to start a bravado, d*ck waing contest about the god damned 2nd amendment. AS a hundred families are still grieving about their bullet riddled children, I KNEW someone on here would start a thread like this.....

I'm very surprised at you Slayer.

Tsk.

-- Yes I understand you saved yourself from a nutter, a robber - I think that's cool, but the point is.... Do we NEED to be reminded over and over and over again that you guys have the right to bear arms?

You guys are obsessed... Anyway, I don't wish to offend people. But this is a very sensitive time for people...
edit on 23-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That sounds very politically correct and may be very popular among many liberals here at ATS...
p

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If you actually do get it, then it begs the question as to why you phrased your understanding of this issue the way you did. If you really do get it, then you must be aware that the only way your cause can have any traction with people is by first lying about your oppositions cause. Or, perhaps you only think you get it, and you really don't.

American's are not "allowed" to keep and bear arms, and it doesn't take a legal scholar to understand the clear language of the Second Amendment. That clear language makes expressly clear what the federal government is not allowed to do, and American's didn't form a government to find out what they were "allowed" to do. They all ready understood, before the formation of this government, what they were "allowed" to do.

The "King of England" argument has become way beyond silly in a time when more and more people are not only reading the Bill of Rights for the first time and more carefully, but are reading The Federalist Papers, The Anti-Federalist Papers, Common Sense, and a bevy of other texts and documents written by the Founders of the United States of America.

Too bad the ignorance you proudly display doesn't command the same respect as a terrible swift sword.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That sounds very politically correct and may be very popular among many liberals here at ATS...
p

I am not well known for political correctness in this site, or anywhere else for that matter. I will say this, I find most people who claim conservatism to be nothing more than posers. Bashing liberalism doesn't make one a conservative. A conservative actually has to be conserving something, and if that conservation is not the Constitution for the United States of America, then the pertinent question becomes, just what the hell are these posers conserving then?

A genuine conservative would never dare refer to their natural and unalienable right to keep and bear arms as a "legal" thing, and would certainly never limit the ownership of rights to "citizenship", that kind of garbage belongs with the liberals.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sensitive much?

Maybe I'm just SICK of people making threads like this.... And always after massacres.

Columbine - Hey guess what we're allowed guns, and you're not.

Dunblaine - Hey guess what we're allowed guns, and you're not.

Oslo - Hey guess what we're allowed guns and you're not.

Ok, ok.... Good for you....

/ slow applause.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

So why don't you use your rights to fix the government?

Just askin because every day on this forum I hear Americans huff puff hot air and smoke blowing declaring their rights, but I have yet to see them exercised.

edit on 23-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

Because people tend to tolerate abuse as long as it is tolerable for a civil war with its breakdown in society is no guarantee of fixing the problem and will make life much worse in the while it is going on. Americans are also divided soi it makes no sense to be the lone nut on the ten o;clock news either. However prudent Americans retain thier right to keep and bear arms for that last resort and will take them up if forced to.

I read post like yours all the time huffing and puffing about why don't you do something about it t etc. trying to denigrate those who fiercely defend thier gun rights. So what is your point? What would you have the gentleman do? Go off half cocked with little or no support and end up as a nut in the nightly news? The battle is for the hearts and minds of Americans right now. A prudent patriot does not take up arms unless he knows he has majority sentiment on his side or is willing to die a martyr. Neither is the case at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join