It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendment 2: - Right to Bear Arms DAMN RIGHT! Get over it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Amendment 2: - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

OK, so whats so confusing here?

Law abiding US Citizens have the lawful right to keep and bear firearms! This isn't brain surgery here or even rocket science! My outburst was over a recently read post/reply [which will remain anonymous] with regards to which thread but, their argument against legally held/owned firearms is PURE BS!

I once managed a fairly active retail establishment back in the 90s and during a routine nightly bank drop I was confronted by an armed assailant. He pointed a revolver at me and made his demands. I was shocked at first but proceeded [thinking of my children] not making a fuss. After handing over to him the bank drop container he stuck his firearm in my face and made some half-Assed political statement.

I then reached into my pocket and produced my own "Legally owned hand gun" and showed him I wasn't one to be "F"d with! His whole demeanor changed at that point. His weapon was actually an early "Air soft" non lethal pistol. Had I'd been a stereotypical "Merican" I would have blown his brains out and killed him.

That didn't happen!

Enough said.

edit on 23-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: Spelling: Note to self, MORE COFFEE

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So why don't you use your rights to fix the government?

Just askin because every day on this forum I hear Americans huff puff hot air and smoke blowing declaring their rights, but I have yet to see them exercised.

edit on 23-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
-Anon

I could use the whole "cold dead hands" saying, but I hope people get the point. Our second ammendment rights should be kept as sacred as any of our other ammendments to the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You don't want to see or experience what will happen if the Armed American Citizenry all showed up packing heat in a peaceful yet very armed demand for restoration of the constitution, law and accountability. It would be a civil war. Those in power will never voluntarily give it up. Freedom and the lawful exercise of it, must be taken back, and vigilantly guarded.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

So why don't you use your rights to fix the government?

Just askin because every day on this forum I hear Americans huff puff hot air and smoke blowing declaring their rights, but I have yet to see them exercised.

Who's going to lead the charge? An angry mob?

Thug Rule won't replace the idiots in office. We'd just end up with different idiots.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
You don't want to see or experience what will happen if the Armed American Citizenry all showed up packing heat in a peaceful yet very armed demand for restoration of the constitution, law and accountability. It would be a civil war. Those in power will never voluntarily give it up. Freedom and the lawful exercise of it, must be taken back, and vigilantly guarded.

So under what conditions do American's decide to do something and exercise the rights they continually huff puff and rub in the rest of the world's faces?

I would really like to know because that is all I see on these forums, and dare anybody quesiton America and Americans.

So, what is the conditions that action is taken?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

That actually is a good question.

What would precipitate an armed revolution.

How far are we willing to be pushed.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Law biding US Citizens have the lawful right to keep and bear firearms!

Far more than "law abiding citizens" have the right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment is not a granted civil right, but is a prohibitive Amendment to the Constitution prohibiting government from infringing upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms. There is no requirement of citizenship in order to enjoy or exercise this right.

I then reached into my pocket and produced my own "Legally owned hand gun"...

A "legally owned hand gun" is a civil right and should not be confused with a natural unalienable right. It is, in fact, the "legal" owner of guns that tend to piss all over the Second Amendment by acquiescing to dubious regulatory schemes and licensing schemes, none of which were empowerment's granted to government regarding the right to keep and bear arms.

Indeed, the primary focus of the Second Amendment for most people has been the right to keep and bear guns, when the whole intent of the Second Amendment is to keep the populace well armed in an attempt to keep tyranny at bay. Either from invading nations, or - and especially - from domestic usurper's.

Understanding this intent, it is arguable that given the state of the military industrial complex, that the people have the right to keep and bear WMD's, biological weapons, Harrier Jets, tanks, and all other sorts of weapons if individuals hope to have a chance in hell in defending the Constitutionally mandated freedom of their nation.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
its useless arguing a constitutional right these days on this site.

a certain group of people just cant get it through their thick heads you have that right and their is nothing they can do to take it from you and they do try day after day time after time to try.

all too true is what part of the second ammendment do they just not understand its spelled out clearly for anyone bother to read it.

but no their "so called right to saftey" is more than yours the second ammendment is guaranteed in more ways than one in ths us constitution.

where no persons right superceeds any other persons rights.

it is my opinion that those who makes any americans means of defense or self defense a 9-11 call is the very definition of treason.

”The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest possible limits. … and [when] the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.” ~St. George Tucker

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

When the majority of us can no longer feed our families and begin to starve.

Let me get one thing straight here. It is not that bad out here you know? People are still enjoying being American's. We go to the lakes and BBQ enough food to feed our army if needed....

No matter what you read on this and every other fearmongering site....It is not that bad yet....We still have freedom, even though those freedoms are being eroded little by little, the population for the most part is content.

Please quit with the whole, you americans bit. When the time comes, the whole world will know about it. Then they (you) will be begging us to stop.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You sound more knowledgeable on this topic than I.
I'll refer to those who know more about this than I!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Nothing will happen as long as Americans are given their bread and circuses.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's just all macho, swaggering, rhetoric!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by zookey

When the majority of us can no longer feed our families and begin to starve.

Let me get one thing straight here. It is not that bad out here you know? People are still enjoying being American's. We go to the lakes and BBQ enough food to feed our army if needed....

No matter what you read on this and every other fearmongering site....It is not that bad yet....We still have freedom, even though those freedoms are being eroded little by little, the population for the most part is content.

Please quit with the whole, you americans bit. When the time comes, the whole world will know about it. Then they (you) will be begging us to stop.

I think the question is very appropraite for the topic of this thread, huffpuffing about the constitution and rights.

I really don't think even American's know and militia's under what the conditions that will make them do something.

Quite frankly the American thing to do is just rant on about rights, and if anybody says anything different, they start getting patriotic, as if it is a fashionable thing to do.

It has been going on so much and so loud that nobody listens anymore, it became background white noise and people turn off as it is just more American's waving their patriotic flag in everybody elses faces or onto those that question them.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You sound more knowledgeable on this topic than I.
I'll refer to those who know more about this than I!

The knowledge of unalienable rights is a self evident knowledge. If you cannot see for yourself that you have the right to self defense and defense of property, and that you have possessed this right from the moment you were born, then no explanations are going to make it any plainer.

Most people have come to understand that before there were governments that there were people. Before these governments were instituted by people, people were defending their lives, their property, and their way of living for a considerable time. Their rights to life, liberty, and property were self evident then - before the institution of governments - and they remain self evident now.

If you need some other "legal authority" to determine whether or not I speak the truth regarding the right to keep and bear arms, the Founders of the United States for America were quite prolific in their political ideologies and intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. You would be hard pressed to find a Founder that disagrees with my legal reasoning, and a plethora of Founders who state precisely what I have stated.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

WE have zero freedoms so why do people keep repeating that BS word. We are slaves. They allow us to work anywhere we want as long as they get the rewards. They could just imprison everyone if they choose although that does not work. People will not be productive if they know they are slaves. Humans need to be tricked into thinking they are free in order for them to continue the Machine.

People will rise up when the time is right. Nothing can mess with what is already in play. A war will eventually happen just like every other era in humanity. The same bloodlines ran the world since the beginnings. They have tried many social experiments on humans throughtout their timeline.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bf46cb382e2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7/23/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As a Brit member I'm intregued by the whole US gun bearing issue, I don't know anyone who own's a gun and my guess is that 99% of brits don't want to own firearms.

The questions i would like answered are:

When is it legal to fire a weapon with intent to kill?

Can you fire at someone for illegally entering a property?

Is there any control over the storage of guns and ammo?

p00hbear

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
-Anon
You've been watching too many gangster movies!!

I could use the whole "cold dead hands" saying, but I hope people get the point. Our second ammendment rights should be kept as sacred as any of our other ammendments to the Constitution.

Sacred? Your sounding religious. The right to bear arms was surely for a time when you had no police force. It was a different world to the world we live in today when the ammendment was created. Abolishing or licensing gun ownership would be very difficult because of the pseudo religious attachment someamericans have for them. If not so many people died in the USA by the gun (20,000+ per anum) it wouldn't be such a big deal keeping guns.

So please get in the 21st century.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear
As a Brit member I'm intregued by the whole US gun bearing issue, I don't know anyone who own's a gun and my guess is that 99% of brits don't want to own firearms.

The questions i would like answered are:

When is it legal to fire a weapon with intent to kill?

Can you fire at someone for illegally entering a property?

Is there any control over the storage of guns and ammo?

p00hbear

Either way, make sure you have a good laywer and a good defence if you do go down that route.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Jean first off, thank you.
Actually, You and I may or may not agree on topics from time to time but in this case I have no issues.

edit on 23-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join