It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star and flag appathy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Personally, and no offense meant, I just don't really care to star or flag anything. I don't rate anything by how many stars or flags, as I don't pay attention to it. I could give a crap about anyone around me because all I see are a bunch of self obsessed people- in general- in society I mean. Such a system only exists for people to pat themselves on the back.

Everyone wants to have there voice and opinions heard look you're here. I think of the star and flag system as thank you buttons not badges of honor. When some one opens the door for you do you say thank you?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Not just seriously important news but also interesting topics and important topics too.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by enament

Are you sure you're not posting up this thread to get it starred and flagged? =D Just kidding, I usually forget to click the buttons since I am a very forgetful person lol

You know whats real funny I expected this to get maybe 8 or 9 flags and a handful of stars and it would die off. I went out last night when it had 9 flags and came home at 2AM and it was 28 I've not ever had a thread with such an overwhelming response as this.I wish the GMO thread I authored did as well as this.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

This is exactly my point people aren't going to bother to take a lot of time to write anything if they don't get any recognition for there efforts.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
I dont think I've ever starred or flagged anyone in the whole time I've been here.
Apart from egotripping for that poster, I really cant see the point.

As MisterLondon (the post just above me) explains - the system is *supposed* to reward great work, but (as I read while lurking and learnt before signing up) it actually just rewards popularity.

Do you ever say thank you when someone does something nice for you? If someone provides you with good entertainment that captivates you do they deserve thanks for that? They took time to provide you with good information or an interesting topic on their free time. I myself say thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Thank you I wasn't sure if I was going out on a limb with this thread nice to see others feel the same. Nice cat.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi,

Yes I totally agree, I allways flag and star. Please Flag and Star my post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A lot of times some of the Threads I read are above my expertice in the content of the Thread so I leave no responce other than a star and flag

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Stars and flags don't matter really, as long as you get your point across in the discussion...

Though i do agree with you

S&F 4 u

edit on 26-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I do that too.sometimes i go around and look at all the new threads read them and just flag and star if I like the thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Useing stars, but total noobquestion, how do you give a flag? I tried to do so a few times but couldent find the option.

EDIT: This was my post no. 20 and it gave me the answer

edit on 5-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join