It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight the world's village idiots!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So yesterday someone else decided it would be a brilliant idea to express his warped opinions through violence. 98 people, many of which were children, had to die because of some extremist.

And the news went ballistic. It didn't take long for wild speculations to take off, and CNN took only a few hours to decide this was a revenge attack by Muslim terrorists because of Bin Laden's death.

Well...they were wrong. A self-proclaimed white Christian fundamentalist right-wing nationalist was the extremist this time.

And the emphasis is on EXTREMIST. It doesn't matter which side they're on, Christian or Muslim, they all act the same way. What people need to realize is, they are a MINORITY. Ever since 9/11 people started, politics and people in general started gearing their lives towards those minorities.

One one side we have the Muslim fundamentalists:

They believe every non-Muslim is worth less, or even nothing. They believe infidel's customs are filthy, and that they commit constant sin because they obviously all take drugs and have premarital sex all the time. They also believe that those infidels want to destroy their religion and invade their lands. And their solution? Suppression of freedoms (no right to voice your opinion) and violence (9/11)!

On the other side, I present you the Christian fundamentalist:

They believe every non-Christian (or Christian of another denomination) is worth less, or even nothing. They believe everyone else to be sinners. They also believe that those non-believers (and ALL Muslims of course) are trying to destroy their religion, and invade their lands (omgomgomg Sharia law is coming!!!). And their solution? Suppression of freedom (CCTV, warrantless wiretabs) and violence (Iraq/Afghanistan, Oslo).

Notice the similarities?

They are both acting and thinking in exactly the same way!! And they are both minorities. The majority of Christians wouldn't want to kill innocent children to point out how much they dislike the immigration of people that don't share their religion. And the majority of Muslims doesn't believe every infidel should die. It's called COMMON SENSE!

On both sides, people in respective countries started letting those VILLAGE IDIOTS decide how they live. This has to stop!

In the US, you have people seriously claiming "Sharia law" is on the rise. That's in a country with a Muslim population that represents 2.2% (!!!!) of the population. And before someone says "look at the UK, they got Sharia law", they represent 3% of the population, and none of their Sharia laws can override common law.

On the other hand, the Muslim extremists spread lies about the West too, plenty of them. And just with Christian fundamentalists, logic isn't their strong suit when it comes to justifying their actions and opinions. I mean, seriously, the whole "you'll get virgins if you blow yourself up" thing is beyond laughable.

Both sides also try to convince the general population that the opposing extremists represent the other population at large. Glenn beck claimed 10% of Muslims are terrorists...that's 150 million people. To put this into perspective, Russia has less than 150 million inhabitants!! His entire claim is so laughable, it should be completely obvious, but some still buy into it. And Muslim terrorists kill innocents because they don't believe those innocents are really innocent, therefore also claiming the entire opposing population is a target.

It is time we recognize that those VILLAGE IDIOTS are the root of our problems, on both sides. The "normal people" shouldn't have to cut their freedoms and spread violence based on the actions of a bat# crazy minority group. People like Bin Laden, or that silly pastor Terry Jones should be simply ignored. When Muslims hear someone like Bin Laden, they should just think to themselves "what a crazy old fool" and walk away. People in the west should do the same when they hear people like that crazy old pastor. They're mentally ill, and last I checked, people shouldn't take advice from the mentally ill...especially if they represent a minority.

In light of that, I hope Norway doesn't change its ways, and remains the freedom loving nation it is. I would be sad seeing them change into a big brother 1984-like country based on the actions of a lunatic.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Have you considered the possibility that this attack was staged just to 1) make people like you associate Christians with muslim terrorists, and 2) to provide yet another "reason" for the Orwellian restrictions to become even more widespread?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

what if it wasn't staged? the op is making a bigger point.

imo moderate religionists (new word) are enablers. they justify the words of their gods and make it more socially acceptable for extremists to practice their religion. some extremists murder and they justify themselves with scripture with the help of moderates.
edit on 23-7-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Have you considered the possibility that this attack was staged just to 1) make people like you associate Christians with muslim terrorists, and 2) to provide yet another "reason" for the Orwellian restrictions to become even more widespread?

Like I said in above, it's clear that the majority of Christians aren't like that lunatic...so no, I'm not associating him with all Christians, just like I'm not associating the actions of Muslim terrorists with all Muslims. That's the whole point, they're a bat# crazy minority subgroup.

As for the 2nd point, this incident will definitely be used by certain people to justify new Orwellian tactics. I just hope the people don't fall for it in Norway...
edit on 23-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I say ban organized religion it does nothing but breed these extremist types. they will die for there god and they will kill for there god but heaven forbid they actually love for there god. when will this madness end. I no longer have faith in humanity the bad aspects outway the good. the Christian and Muslims so called leaders need to preach to there flock that violence against innocence goes against there respected religions and is wrong and wont be tolerated my heart goes out to the families that have lost there loved ones. I don't even think there is a punishment to fit this crime killing the extremist is too easy he should suffer for each one of the dead. the only question to ask in a situation like this is why?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The only thing I want extreme is my sports and my nachos. These two narrow minded and dangerous groups need to be rounded up and put on an island together, then they can kill each other all they like and leave the rest of us out of it.

I have never understood anyone killing in any gods name. Why would any supreme being need you to kill? Can't your god handle their own business? If they can't then why call them god at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think the guy and others who did this are just plain mad no matter what their political or religious beliefs. There are plenty of people out there with similar beliefs who do not decide to let their anger out or whatever by killing and bombing people. I think Norwegians are wise enough to understand this rather than USA which brings out draconian laws or certain Muslims who try to intimidate their societies with versions of Sharia law.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
few words come to mind about this guy:

monarch mindslave
Zionist
will he "disappear"?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The key thing to note is that we shouldn't let those crazy people decide over how the rest of us lives.

top topics

join