It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, no, no, no....."

..the reasons why she was self-medicating would have come to light....and she would still be with us

Absolutely, I have lost two family members to drug and alcohol abuse, one recently,

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just another day in starland. There is far too much emphasis on celebrities.
Can't say I will miss her.

brill

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Crackhead dies at 27

What a suprise

I seriously hope this single death does not overshadow the 92 murdered in Norway because of the celebrity obsessed piece of crap society we live in.

These 92 people did not have an effect or connection with millions of people in their lifetimes
by singing about real emotional issues, which is more than can be said for 99% of artists that reach the mainstream! what people must understand is that people who are health and well do not follow a path in life such as this. the people who do are more often than not suffering from serious mental health issues, such as bipolar disorder, post traumatic stress disorder or child hood abuse etcetera. so to say you feel no pity for these people is to turn your back on your very humanity.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23794a9ba28d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's a shame she's dead but if it was a possible OD then in that case I have no sympathy, you play with drugs like she was on then you take such a huge risk and in the end it's never worth it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
She was always destined to die of an overdose.....im pretty sure that will be the coroners findings when they do an autopsy.

Im not surprised at all....well....im surprised she actually made it to 27 considering her lifestyle choices.

She was a drug addict....she was on heroin, coc aine, crack...probably meth by the looks of her too.

To put it bluntly....she was a scumbag

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The only thing that's really sad about this is the fact she was only 27. She was into all sorts so it comes as no surprise to be honest. Yahoo have I don't know how many news articles running on this.

I recall similar when George Best died, he was worshipped as a god it seems. Everyone and the family pet were singing his praises, he was a alcoholic and had been for many years. He received a transplant for naff kidneys or liver (can't remember which) and still he drank.

Someone else passed at the same time as Best did, Richard Burns the Rally Driver. He died of a brain tumour at the hight of his career yet hardly any mention of him at the time. He had a life he cherished but it was taken from him through no fault of his own.

All that was on the news was George Best who drank himself to his death, he was given a second chance with a transplant and yet still chose to drink which ultimately killed him.

I don't mean to come across as a complete ass but so what, she died of a drug related problem (speculation at this point I know) but we are now going to get her rammed down our neck. She was a crack head, plain and simple. Many crack heads die each year, okay so they didn't have multi-platinum albums - the difference is what?

Thoughts and prayers to her family of course, but you feel the bumps on the roads you choose. She chose her road and it's plain to see it was a hell of a bumpy one!!
edit on 23-7-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DJARK

Sure she's depressed, raking in all that money and having so many fans adoring her music, people like her make me sick, they're living the dream, getting paid loads of cash to do what they love yet somehow they're #ing miserable ? Cry me a river, what could they possibly be depressed about ?

If she OD'd on drugs then she deserves it as it's not the first time she's come close to dieing, if she didn't learn from her mistake then tough #, life isn't easy

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
She was always destined to die of an overdose.....im pretty sure that will be the coroners findings when they do an autopsy.

Im not surprised at all....well....im surprised she actually made it to 27 considering her lifestyle choices.

She was a drug addict....she was on heroin, coc aine, crack...probably meth by the looks of her too.

To put it bluntly....she was a scumbag

just because a person is addicted to drugs doesnt necessarely make them a bad person
a person that abuses children, robs their neighbour, rapes a woman etc.
now their all scumbags. your obvious ignorance of the meaning of the word scumbag speaks volumes

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Holy crap! I just saw this on yahoo news.

I was never really a fan of hers although I did find her talented, she just wasnt my style. I always felt like drugs and alcohol were her demons so to speak and you could tell through her music. She was struggling personally. I always felt bad for her. I hope she finds peace now wherever she may be.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was a big fan of Amy's and just loved her singing and songwriting . . . and her beehive!! Her work was a refreshing presence in a world full of empty, flashy "art product". Unfortunately her art that was so real came out of anxieties and troubles of an emotional sort that were also real and painful enough for her to want to anesthetize them early and often.

I hope that another British artist of similar stature and personality type, Pete Doherty, takes note of what happened to Amy and does his best to avoid following her all the way down the drain.

I'm going to do my best to remember Amy, not as another DOA 27 year old, but like this:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by DJARK

Sure she's depressed, raking in all that money and having so many fans adoring her music, people like her make me sick, they're living the dream, getting paid loads of cash to do what they love yet somehow they're #ing miserable ? Cry me a river, what could they possibly be depressed about ?

If she OD'd on drugs then she deserves it as it's not the first time she's come close to dieing, if she didn't learn from her mistake then tough #, life isn't easy

So you believe money equals happiness and that she was living the dream?!

By making such a narrow minded and frankly ridiculous statement you obviously have no psychological understanding of depression, addiction or mental illness.

If someone is mentally ill and surrounded by idiotic yes people then all the money in the world is not going to make them happy or save them.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I am shocked at some of the nasty comments on this thread. "good news", "scumbag" and "what did she have to be depressed about" ?? And of course the highly predictable comparison with the Norway tragedy and being told who to grieve for.

Whoever says she was tone deaf really doesn't know what they are talking about. She was a talented singer, a great songwriter and her lyrics are fabulous. Just 'cause you don't like it does not mean she cannot sing. And I am so sick and tired of old farts and their good old days fascism.

She was authentic, a true talent. An uncontrollable genius. Rest in Peace Amy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ignore
edit on 24/7/11 by Discotech because: can't be bothered

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is a shame because she had so much talent,only did 2 albums though,that suprises me as i thought she did a few more then that.
I wasn't her biggest fan & never pretended to like her but there are alot of nasty comments & jokes i've heard about her which are out of order.

what will she be remembered for ? music or her drug taking ?

hopefully her music

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join