It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London apartment

www.rawstory.com

Singer Amy Winehouse, who has a long and public history of substance abuse, was found dead in her London apartment Saturday afternoon, according to The Daily Mail.

The "Back to Black" singer's cause of death is so far unconfirmed. She was 27 years old.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That must suck, anyway, just breaking... I guess more info to follow

I'm sure most people will jump to the conclusion that she died of an overdose of some sort.... Even more sure the conspiricy theorist are gonna come out and claim the musiq industry dont this to her. But it is yet to be seen exactly what happen. But this is an interesting site I found Forever 27

A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.

Story developing ...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article
edit on 23/7/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That's so sad, I watched that performance where they booed her,

RIP, Amy

link   
That's a shame. Not exactly a shock or anything, but it's very sad all the same.

Destroyed by her own friends and family, I have no sympathy for them. My thoughts are with her soul.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

link   
I can't believe it at all but it's true, not surprising though. I feel horrid for her family.

RIP Amy, you had brilliant fans

link   
Good news.

Hopefully she didnt breed before checking out.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dammit! Radio stations are gonna be playing non-stop recordings for the next week of her below average wailings.
Time to load up a couple more memory cards for the car.

Seriously, last photos I saw of her she looked more like 40+ years old. Can't really say I have much sympathy though, she chose the lifestyle and paid the price. Sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And another musician joins the 27 Club.

My advice to anyone thinking of getting into the music business.... Wait 'till you're 28!!
edit on 23-7-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

link   
If this report is true, it comes as no surprise at all.

Everyone knows the woman was way over the top when it came to partying. Hell, that's practically the only thing most people know about her. She was in the news because of her drug problems in the first place...

However, this makes it extremely easy to murder someone and make it look like it was accidental overdose. Hold them down and inject a fatal dose of heroin or something, extremely easy method and used all of the time worldwide by mafias and the type.

So at surface value it appears like a typical overdose death, sufficient research could also easily reveal it to be some sort of murder plot.

We the people, will probably never know either way.

RIP

link   
It's such a shame. So much talent, and yet she let it go so completely to waste with all the booze and drugs. In the music biz there seems to be this perverted idea that you have to be a drugged up waster in order to have artistic credibility, but in my view the true artist gets high from the creative process itself, without all that nonsense. Very sad, though, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I wonder if she had any dealings with News Corp...Can anyone confirm whether she had any or didn't?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Dammit! Radio stations are gonna be playing non-stop recordings for the next week of her below average wailings.
Time to load up a couple more memory cards for the car.

Seriously, last photos I saw of her she looked more like 40+ years old. Can't really say I have much sympathy though, she chose the lifestyle and paid the price. Sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll.

Well, murdering a musician is a very effective way of "saving their failing career" and getting them the type of "hype and street cred" necessary to make them popular and sell their records again.

I consider the Record Industry as brutal and mafia-like in their methods and their desire for ultimate control of the music market, and so this allows me to remain open minded to the possibility that the record label could be behind this in some way.

Killing a artist who is losing popularity is a sure-fire way of making their records hits again. Plus someone's gotta sell the 25million disk copies laying around in the warehouse!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I wonder if she had any dealings with News Corp...Can anyone confirm whether she had any or didn't?

Given that NotW was a tabrag, what do you think?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula
Good news.

Hopefully she didnt breed before checking out.

That wasn't necessary.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They said to she go tho Rehab

But she said no no no

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luis1109
They said to she go tho Rehab

But she said no no no

If it is actually accidental overdose or suicide, than I can accept that without any issues.

I believe that humans own their own body. And they can do anything they want with their own body, as long as they leave mine alone.

If she wanted this to happen, than so be it. Her choice.

I am merely suspicious of the circumstances and the coincidences that are all over this thing. There is a definite chance that foul-play could be involved, and I would want to look at every possible suspect up close and personal.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not surprised. It was only a matter of time....
It is sad though, she had a talent and wasted it....

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Curse of 27

edit on 23/7/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, no, no, no....."

This wonderful talent has been taken too soon. I am thinking that if perhaps she had worked on her mental and emotional problems more....the reasons why she was self-medicating would have come to light....and she would still be with us

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Crackhead dies at 27

What a suprise

I seriously hope this single death does not overshadow the 92 murdered in Norway because of the celebrity obsessed piece of crap society we live in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join